Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2016, 11:32 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

About to buy a new ST320BH and know nothing about RVs

So my wife and I are not new to camping, growing up in tents and the occasional RV. We have tented it though for the last 20 years now and we had the luxury of staying in a friends RV. It turns out we are no longer tent people...

With that said, we have looked at hundreds of RVs all over the US. We have visited maybe 100 dealers as well getting an up close an personal look at them. We came to the conclusion that we simply want the ST320BH. So I have a few questions for crossroads owners.

1: I can not find many reviews that are not heavy on one side or the other, what do the owners here think?

2: does anyone own the one I am look at? We like the second bathroom is what it comes down to

3: Being a brand new, wet behind the ears RV owner in 5 days, is there anything I should know going into the dealer to buy this?

Thank you all for any information you are willing to give
Baguak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 12:12 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome aboard!
The most important thing you can do is a thorough PDI.
Here is a link for you to download one.
Doug's RV Checklist Page
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 01:16 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Congratulations and Welcome. As Lloyd stated, "The most important thing you can do is a THOROUGH Pre-Delivery Inspection. Every system of the coach is as important as the other, do not overlook anything as insignificant. Warranty or Not once you walk out the door, It will be yours.
You will Love the coach and will make it yours with the little things. Enjoy the journey!! Start out on the right foot though. Hopefully we'll see you at the regional rally at the end of April. Again Congratulations
Kenny White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 02:08 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

If you have friends who are experienced RVers and also have a bit of mechanical inclination, they would a great asset.

Have a good discussion on exactly WHAT you want to do with your RV. That will help ensure you are getting a model that will fulfill those needs. Secondly, have them accompany you on your PDI walk-thru inspection. Use the checklist that was recommended above.

Finally, don't sign any RV acceptance document until EVERY deficiency found on the PDI has been corrected. Check them again to ensure that they were, in fact, repaired/replaced. This will keep the dealership on their toes and get those issues fixed to your satisfaction.

Congratulations on your new RV. Enjoy!!

Our home base -- 2018 Grand Design Solitude 375RES -- The "Uno Mas!"
The mobile office -- 2016 Crossroads Hill Country HCT26RB -- The "Poquito Mas!"
Gone but not forgotten: 2015 Heartland Landmark 365 Key West (lost to Hurricane Harvey)
TxCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:20 PM   #5
Gone Traveling

Take an I-pad or camera & take pictures/video of the PDI so you'll have the information later & take notes. DO NOT let the dealer rush you, if it takes 2 days so be it, it's your money, be sure EVERYTHING meets your requirements BEFORE signing anything.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new owner, new owner questions