Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2016, 09:36 AM   #1
New Camper

Thumbs up About to Purchase Cruiser Patriot 355BL - Some Questions!

Hello,

I am about to purchase a 2013 Cruiser Patriot 355BL from a consignment dealer/private seller. I had some questions:

1) From your perspective as Crossroads RV owners, what do you think of the Crossroads brand? Is it high end? Middle of the road? Good/Bad? Thoughts on using it to full-time live in?

2) What do you think of the resale value of the Crossroads RV brand compared to other brands?

3) I can't seem to find much technical info on the 2013 Cruiser Patriot 355BL. Does anyone know where I can find the brochure for it?

Thanks so much for replies!

Brandon
Quadron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:07 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadron View Post
Hello,

I am about to purchase a 2013 Cruiser Patriot 355BL from a consignment dealer/private seller. I had some questions:

1) From your perspective as Crossroads RV owners, what do you think of the Crossroads brand? Is it high end? Middle of the road? Good/Bad? Thoughts on using it to full-time live in?

Considered an entry level trailer.
As far as living in it full time--depends where, and what you describe as full time. They're not like a stick built house.
2) What do you think of the resale value of the Crossroads RV brand compared to other brands?

They're pretty much all the same. You can figure on losing about 50% when you drive it off the lot.

3) I can't seem to find much technical info on the 2013 Cruiser Patriot 355BL. Does anyone know where I can find the brochure for it?

Thanks so much for replies!

Brandon
Good luck with your decision.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:27 PM   #3
Site Team

I'm sorry Lloyd, but the Cruisers and Cruiser Patriot are not a entry level trailer especially the Patriot line. The Zinger, Sunset Trails and the Z1 are the entry level trailers. The Cruisers are Mid profile and slot themselves right below the Carriage, and Cameo line which are full profile rv's.

Link to brochure http://www.uvsconsole.com/manager/ad...6465776224.pdf

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:13 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

If I recall properly the Patriot option gave a whole bunch more upgrades than the standard cruiser, IE bigger tires and a lot of other stuff, I think that also gave them 50 amp service
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:58 PM   #5
Site Team

Welcome to the forum, Brandon. Good luck with your upcoming purchase.

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2024: 2 trips, 26 nights in 8 states, 4801 miles
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 3904 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:27 PM   #6
New Camper

Do you really lose 50% of the value when you drive it off the lot? My goal is to sell it privately in about 1 Year and hopefully not lose more than 25% of my initial retail price.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Brandon
Old 03-17-2016, 06:26 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
I'm sorry Lloyd, but the Cruisers and Cruiser Patriot are not a entry level trailer especially the Patriot line. The Zinger, Sunset Trails and the Z1 are the entry level trailers. The Cruisers are Mid profile and slot themselves right below the Carriage, and Cameo line which are full profile rv's.

Link to brochure http://www.uvsconsole.com/manager/ad...6465776224.pdf

You are correct Mark. My mistake.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:32 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadron View Post
Do you really lose 50% of the value when you drive it off the lot? My goal is to sell it privately in about 1 Year and hopefully not lose more than 25% of my initial retail price.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Brandon
Brandon, I didn't read your post close enough.
I see now you are looking at a 2013. My thoughts were a new unit. Which if you had to pay full MSRP you could lose up to 50%.
On a used 2013 model, just what % you can expect to lose will depend on how good of a price you get to start with.
Sorry for the confusion.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:31 AM   #9
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Brandon, I didn't read your post close enough.
I see now you are looking at a 2013. My thoughts were a new unit. Which if you had to pay full MSRP you could lose up to 50%.
On a used 2013 model, just what % you can expect to lose will depend on how good of a price you get to start with.
Sorry for the confusion.
Yeah, that's why I wanted to buy used. I know that you shouldn't take NADA prices literally, but the according to the NADA price, I am getting it for about $4500 under the low retail price once you option it out.

Hopefully, I can get a decent price for it when it comes to selling it in about 1-2 years.

Also, unless you're complete fool, no one pays full MSRP for a new RV. All the dealers near me mark up the MSRP by about 15-20%.
Old 03-24-2016, 07:27 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

We've been in our 2014 Patriot full text me for about 4 months. We are very happy with it. There are some posts on this forum about the Cruiser Patriot and they are accurate. Ours already had the mods for the bedroom slide. We did have the bed come detached from the wall. The forum said this was caused by accessing the under bed storage without sliding the mattress down. I believe it was caused by the super strong gas struts that hold it up. Easy fix anyway. Replaced the small screw with the next size bigger and I disconnected the struts. Just pop the clip off and disconnect. I added another cross support on the bed too.

Tags
cruiser patriot 355bl