Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2013, 12:23 AM   #1
New Camper

Buyer beware of Crossroads and anything that they build. There warranties are not what they advertise and there trailers are crap. I have a 2011 Crossroads Patriot Cruiser SK305 and it is falling apart.
Make the dealer put everything in writing and I mean everything.

Good Luck
Old 08-03-2013, 01:26 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Our dealer has been wonderful and have had no problem with Crossroads standing behind their product. We have a 2013 ST25RB and love it.
kcandsting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:25 AM   #3
Site Team

No major problems with my Crossroads and the did a good job with some of the minor warranty work. I called Crossroads for some info and always got an answer in reasonable time.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:37 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

We are so far happy with our Cruiser. The little stuff that needed fixing had been done in a timely matter with no issues.

Smith campers6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:38 AM   #5
Pnr
Family Vacation Member

Crossroads is hit and miss in how they handle their problems. My main gripe is having to even call them for warranty issues. I purchased the RV from a dealer not crossroads. The dealer is sorry maybe thats the problem,but I always hear YOU need to call crossroads.

I find that strange, having owned numerous new vehicles, the dealer has NEVER one time said oh you need to call GM, or you need to call Ford.

The dealer handles it and takes care of it. If you think about it a dealer has more leverage than an individual when dealing with the manufacturer any way. The dealer purchases multiple units at a time, the manufacturer knows that , We only purchase one at a time.

I have never one time had my John Deere dealer tell me oh that is a warranty issue you will have to call Deere.

Yet I am expected to call crossroads every time ??

PaulEdited by: Pnr

Pnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:50 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

We just call the dealer and she gets the OK, if she needs a photo I send it to them. We have had quite a few things fixed as we bought the trailer in Feb and camped about 3 months right away mostly with the electronics not being installed correctly and a few leaks that they took care of right away. This is our first large RV, had a pop up and an Aliner before and the pop up was a Rockwood and we had far more issues with the Rockwood than with the Crossroads and it took forever to get service on the Rockwood where our crossroads dealer is great.

We bought from Rick Baker RV in Green Cove Springs Fl, so we are not close to where the trailers are made.
kcandsting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:25 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

We purchased the ST25RB in April and just love it. Only problem was w/ the A/C which was handled and the unit replaced by my dealer. I believe the key to a happy camper is having a good dealer to work w/and ours is very good.

GEAUX Tigers!
Fatboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

We may be the fortunate, but we bought from Pete's RV in S. Burlington, VT and have had no complaints. We haven't had any issues with the camper yet but right after our walk through, THEY found some issues that we didn't even notice. It took them about 3 hours to fix, while we waited, and done. I think the dealer is the key to everything here. If they tell you that YOU need to call the MFG, then I'm sure something is wrong with them.

**WAS**2013 Sunset Trail Reserve SF32RL
**WAS**2011 Dodge 1500 Outdoorsman
**NOW** 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL
Gcross1468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #9
Site Team

I thought it's been said here on the forum that the older Crossroads were better made than the new ones?

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Old 08-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w
I thought it's been said here on the forum that the older Crossroads were better made than the new ones?
most of the 2011 models were in the still decent lot.

mobilert123- have you been just dealing with the dealer or spoken to crossroads customer service directly? Many have thought the problem was crossroads based upon what the dealer told them but then spoke to crossroads directly and found out differently. what issues have you been having. Search the site here and you can find some good contact numbers at crossroads. That said, the 2 yr warranty is a limited 2 yr warranty (it does say that on the sticker too.). some things are 1 yr and some things are 2 yrs. I believe the roof is 10 yrs? I can tell you, I went through camping world and I had no issues getting things fixed under warranty all the way up through 2 yrs. that said I only had minor issues, the worst issue I had was a hole rubbed in the carpet by the slide. they adjusted the slide and replaced the carpet. other things were all small like drawer out of alignment type stuff. hope things work out for you.Edited by: anaro

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:04 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

I feel like the ones built prior to 2011 where better built. The "new management" took over in mid 2010 and the cost cutting measures started soon after.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

I have a 2011 Patriot 305SK it has been a fine unit . It is my first 5th wheel so nothing to compare to. My issues have been minor only one required dealer service. We have travelled appox 10K miles.
Unit was built august 2010 so if others can report thier experience it may be interesting!

Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:41 AM   #13
Full Time Camper

our 2012 is great. We are pondering a larger unit with slide...mainly looking at CR Sunset Trails...other brands don't seem up to par.
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #14
mln
New Camper

I am sure if you buy a cross road and nothing wrong with it you will be happy. God forgave you if there is a problem, crossroads do not stand behind their product. See I have a 2011 travel trailer I bought at the Toronto RV show in 2011. This year I noticrd one of my 4 tires was showing signs of uneven wear. I took it in to have the dealership find out why it was wearing uneven. They told me the axile was flat, that it was over loaded and the warrenty was up. How did I over load one axile and not the other, its a 8000lbs trailer. The trailer has only 5000km on it. For me to overload one of two axile just does not make sense to me, I imagine this is a manufactor default. I wrote to Crossroads, they told me that the one year warrenty was up and I am out of luck and 1200 dollars to fix it.

Check out the warrenty. Pay attention, Crossroads does not back up their product.
mln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #15
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilert123

Â* Buyer beware of Crossroads and anything that they build.Â* There warranties are not what they advertise and there trailers are crap.Â* I have a 2011 Crossroads Patriot Cruiser SK305 and it is falling apart.
Make the dealer put everything in writing and I mean everything.
Â*
Â*
Good Luck
Jim
As I have a 305SK I am curious as to some of the problems you have had with your camper.
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #16
Weekend Camper

Although it should not be necessary, I suggest an extended warranty when you purchase ANY brand of RV. They are expensive but give you the peace of mind when a manufacturers warranty won't cover expensive repairs.
2014 Ram Hemi Outdoorsman 3:92RE
2013 ST Reserve 30RE
p4lrjfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:44 AM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mln
I am sure if you buy a cross road and nothing wrong with it you will be happy. God forgave you if there is a problem, crossroads do not stand behind their product. See I have a 2011 travel trailer I bought at the Toronto RV show in 2011. This year I noticrd one of my 4 tires was showing signs of uneven wear. I took it in to have the dealership find out why it was wearing uneven. They told me the axile was flat, that it was over loaded and the warrenty was up. How did I over load one axile and not the other, its a 8000lbs trailer. The trailer has only 5000km on it. For me to overload one of two axile just does not make sense to me, I imagine this is a manufactor default. I wrote to Crossroads, they told me that the one year warrenty was up and I am out of luck and 1200 dollars to fix it.

Check out the warrenty. Pay attention, Crossroads does not back up their product.
Sorry you are having warranty issues with your Crossroads but I have nothing but good results dealing with Crossroads directly and going thru my dealer. Warranty replacement parts were ordered by me and approved by Crossroads over the phone. They called back within hours to tell the replacement parts will be shipped the next day. A week later not only did I receive the warranty parts but they upgraded the part.
Try calling Crossroads direct. The rep I spoke to was Lynn.

good luck

Old 09-05-2013, 04:04 AM   #18
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mln

What is a flat axle?
When was the trailer purchased?
When did you take it in?

I've never had a problem with Crossroads warranty issues. They even extended mine a few weeks when I was traveling and couldn't get it fixed in time.
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:23 AM   #19
Full Time Camper

Clif, all trailer axles have a "bow" upwards in them. If an axle has flattened out you have issues.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #20
Full Time Camper

Think about that. If all axles have an upward bow then you couldn't "flip" the axles to raise the trailer. All axles I have seen are straight.
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote