Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2014, 04:57 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Camping World in Dothan, AL

To be honest I have always been kinda turned off to Camping World. A lot of the employees seem arogant and will completely blow you off if you are "only looking" and not interested in buying that day.

All that being said, Camping World (CW) in Dothan has changed my opinion. We recently purchased a Sunset Trails Reserve 32 BH, but prior to that we looking at CW at their inventory. Our salesman Steve Durbin was very knowledgable and not pushy at all. If you are shopping for TT or RV, I recommend looking him up.

Since our new TT has a 15,000BTU A/C we sold our Honda EU3000is and were shopping for 2 EU2000i, so we could pair them together. While at CW in Dothan, I mentioned to the Sales Manger, James, if he could come close to what Wisesales.com is selling the generators for (tax free and free shipping) we would consider purchasing them there. He did, he actually came within a few dollars and we bought them.

I am not sure about CW of Dothan's service dept, but the sales and parts deptartments are good to go.
jattaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:33 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Dothan, AL

Great information! We just moved here to Dothan and was wondering who would be our best resource for all things camping/service and Crossroads. Thanks for your post! We will definitely look them up.

**WAS**2013 Sunset Trail Reserve SF32RL
**WAS**2011 Dodge 1500 Outdoorsman
**NOW** 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL
Gcross1468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:00 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcross1468 View Post
Great information! We just moved here to Dothan and was wondering who would be our best resource for all things camping/service and Crossroads. Thanks for your post! We will definitely look them up.
Check out Bama RV in Dothan too. For all things Crossraods and service. They are good people and have a great reputation.
jattaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:19 PM   #4
New Camper

Glad to hear that about Bama RV. We are in the process of deciding which TT to buy (Sunset Trail ST290QB or Freedom Express 292BHDS) and being we don't live in Dothan but visit regularly, I wondered how they were. I also recommend Steve Durbin with CW. They didn't have anything we liked but Steve was great. He answered our questions and didn't "hound" us.
Triple S is offline   Reply With Quote