Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2009, 11:22 AM   #21
Full Time Camper

Just wondering has CR done away with the room under the galley sink that can fit a garbage can? If I recall correctly a cabinet to house the can was a selling point that Larry brought up at the '08 Rally.. We have room under our sink to hold a 13 gallon plastic can.

_popupControl();

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:41 PM   #22
New Camper

Thanks again everyone.

We did look at the Sunset Trail Line originally and really like them but have since decided that we want to go the 5th wheel route. The 32Ks is very nice but I felt that perhaps it's a little too long to enjoy toying in a TT. But very nice indeed!

The garbage can issue only pertains to a few models such as the 31Qb, the hot water tank is directly behind the sink so the door under the sink is basically just to access the HWT, this leaves no dedicated area for the trash container.

I'm sure this is a long shot but.... if anyone knows of a dealer or an individual with a 31Sb in the Eastern Ontario region please let us know. We think that this would be an even more ideal trailer for us but are unable to find one close by and couldn't bring ourselves to order one without ever seeing the model in person.

BTW our plan now is to keep our Tundra as it is one of our everyday vehicles and buy a used 3/4 ton just for pulling the rig.

Thanks everyone!

Old 02-07-2011, 01:40 AM   #23
New Camper

Do you still have the Crossroads Cruiser 32BL. My husband and I are currently looking at one as we are starting a family and think that purchasing one with bunks would be more practical. I like this model because it still has a rear living area, but the bunks seem very small maybe even a little closterfobic. What has your family thought of the trailer?
alynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:01 AM   #24
Full Time Camper

We have the CF 32 BL, and friends go out with us and use that room. Our granddaughter will use that room this year some time. For us it has proved very practical after all you can shut the door and it blocks the sound coming in from the main living space

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:41 AM   #25
New Camper

How is the ladder going up to the bunk is it easy for a young child to climb?
Old 02-07-2011, 06:12 AM   #26
Full Time Camper

They have fun going up the side. There is also a small shelf there we put CD player so they can stay busy

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #27
Full Time Camper

Just my 2cents... When we compared the 3 bunk Cruiser 5th models.

32BL - Loved the rear living, loved the front MB, found the bunk room to small beds 3ft wide 6ft long and very little storage for kids clothes, bunks almost casket like. Not as much outside storage. Really do like the rear living, and very different floor plan.

31QB - Great layout for a large kids area in the front. Didn't like opposing sides, less outside storage than 32BL and 30QB. Again great layout for kids to really have their own space.

30QB - Small rear bunk area, but largest bunks, a lot of kids clothes storage, not much floor space. Slides on same side, tons of outside storage, plus rear area for 2 bikes either adults or kids.

Figure out what's important to you, space, interior comfort,bed size or storage. Call CR and maybe they could get you bunk room size and or storage size. We had the luxury of seeing all 3 plans, and realized that bunk size was important as the kids are growing as was having large storage capacity for bikes.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:44 PM   #28
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
They are suppose to come out with a new bunk room with an outdoor kitchen in the Cruiser lineup. I was told this by CR this past fall, but I have yet to see it.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:34 PM   #29
New Camper

Thanks for the feedback, it is a lot harder decideing on a trailer when you have a family vs a couple.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:58 PM   #30
Full Time Camper

No it is not Mama all ways wins

Old 02-08-2011, 12:45 AM   #31
Full Time Camper

We are a retired couple. Our son's family lives nearby and contains two adults plus a 6 and 3 year old. We looked at many different floorplans when we shopped for our first ever RV. After a while it became clear to us that we wanted a bunkhouse with a 1/2 bath. The first choice was an Open Range model. The dealer, no longer in business, in Buda, TX wanted $39,000 and stated "I cannot go down much on price" so we walked. I did later see that same model on Ebay for $33,000. We drove north a couple miles on IH-35 to a Crossroads dealer who had a CF31QB in stock. After we saw that floor plan we were sold. Their asking price, $37,000, seemed high. Not knowing the markup on RVs I asked about the invoice price. The salesman was a total a**hole, so much so we walked out. After a little research I came upon RV Wholesalers' web site. Bottom line: we ordered online with every option then available for under $30,000. Five weeks later the 31QB came in and we drove up to Ohio for delivery. Oh, the one at the insulting dealer, it is still in his inventory almost two years later!
The 1/2 bath is the deal maker for us. The longest trip we have made with all six of us was a nine day'er to Disneyworld last March. While not as roomy or private as two hotel rooms it worked just fine.
Most of the time it is just my wife and I but we feel comfortable in the 31QB.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote