Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2012, 06:09 AM   #1
New Camper

Hello from NB Canada. My wife and I have a renewed interest in camping after the last 3 summer trial with a smaller 25 foot TT with no slides.

We are now considering the STR32RL (http://www.crossroadsrv.com/sunsettr...TW&type=tt). So far its one of a very few that has the "wow" factor for us. I am encouraged by the mostly positive opinions on the CrossRoads products in general (although maybe this is not the best place to find any negative being its a CR forum ).

I may be PM'ing some of you, thanks in advance for any help.

Oldcow

Oldcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:59 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

we have an 09 ST27 RB and we enjoy it and have had very minute prolems that were coverd under warranty . i am familiar with that model we have seen it at our local RV show and at the factory . very nice unit . the one thing that i have heard is they are having problems with the new slide units that are being put into them .y ou may have read about this on the forum . that is the only negative i have heard . good luck and Happy Camping
2013 Ram 2500 HD Hemi
Pullrite super glide
accordionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
New Camper

Well after some more reading on this board, it seems there are some issues with warranty time frames and other stuff like the slide issue you mention. That got me concerned so I lurked on some other boards and it seems like every brand has some issue or another. I guess the best thing is to pick a floor plan we like from any manufacturer and hope for the best.

Maybe I should keep my 25 foot Cherokee with no slides .

Oldcow

Old 10-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Pick the floorplan you like but understand that nearly all floor plans are available from every major RV producer in a trim level, construction style, and price you desire.... There's not one "unique" floorplan in this industry.

The major competitors for the Sunset Trail are the Jayco Greyhawk or Eagle, the Rockwood Signature Ultralight, the Primetime Lacross, and the Open Range Roamer. All of these offer a two year warranty and an excellent reputation.

So if you choose the Sunset Trail, do so because you've looked at ALL the other brands who, IMHO, now have an advantage with a better warranty.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78
Pick the floorplan you like but understand that nearly all floor plans are available from every major RV producer in a trim level, construction style, and price you desire.... There's not one "unique" floorplan in this industry.

The major competitors for the Sunset Trail are the Jayco Greyhawk or Eagle, the Rockwood Signature Ultralight, the Primetime Lacross, and the Open Range Roamer. All of these offer a two year warranty and an excellent reputation.

So if you choose the Sunset Trail, do so because you've looked at ALL the other brands who, IMHO, now have an advantage with a better warranty.
Thanks for this reply, I was hoping to get some suggestions as to the same trim level with other brands. I am searching as we type.

Oldcow

Edited by: Oldcow
Old 10-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
My pick is the Rockwood Signature with the up level package, it nets you the champagne exterior and blacked out trim. It also nets you a bunch of upgrades.... You can build one at RVDirect.com or RVWolesalers.com, factory fresh and 25-30% off list everyday...
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

We were looking for the RL too. Then looked at the RK and were amazed at the counter space and all around better floor plan. Bought the '12 SunSet Trail Reserve 30RK and love it. Check it out.

Gary
tri5ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Mwebber78...As I understand it, the other brands that offer a 2 year warranty are still mostly bound by the component manufacturer's usual 1 year warranty. Crossroad's 2 year warranty never superseded Lippert's 1 year warranty on jacks, axles or their other inferior products that inhibit the majority of massed produced RV's. IMHO this is why CR went to a 1 year warranty a few years back.

2014 F350 6.7 PSD
8iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78
My pick is the Rockwood Signature with the up level package, it nets you the champagne exterior and blacked out trim. It also nets you a bunch of upgrades.... You can build one at RVDirect.com or RVWolesalers.com, factory fresh and 25-30% off list everyday...

And the quality of Rockwoodis no better than CrossRoads so I don't thinkI would use them as any shiningexample of quality.I've heard first hand of some of the horror stories with these units - complete kitchen cabinets crashing down on firsttrip -completely destroyed the interior of the unit. The whole trailer had to be replaced - lucky the dealer stood up for the customer in that case - unfortunately no trailer for two months for the people so they got their money back and purchased a different brand of RV.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote