Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2010, 10:34 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Getting excited got a call from RVW & said are Cruiser CF28RL Patroit Edition was done being built & set up an appointment Thursday to go thur it & give them the money.Thinking about leaving it there until March and head down south for a couple of weeks to try it out,If there are any problems i'll bring it back to look at it.Anything i should pay extra attention to during the showing.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:54 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Yes, be sure to take off the furnace cover (interior vent looking thing) and ensure all the flex ducts are connected. Also, look in the pass-thru up front and inspect the flex ducting. It seems this is one area Crossroads is sloppy on.

Other then that any RV should have all systems tested by YOU while your there. Heater, AC, fans, water systems, pump, awning, jacks, etc.

Also, get up on the roof. I found a few area's where the lap sealant was sub-par due to air bubbles in the sealant. I used my Leatherman and cut the air bubbles (some the side of a quarter) in the goopy lap sealant and had the RV tech. give me a tube of Dicor sealant to touch it up.

Good luck and enjoy!
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

I would print off what it is that you want to look at while you are there, It will be very hard to remember and it's going to be sitting in side where it is warm. When we oicked ours up I didn't take as long as I should have looking around but there were no issues. They did not seem to rush us thru when we did ours so I would take advantage of it sitting inside.

Are you from the area ?

We are an hour south of RVW
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

everything mike said and just make sure you take your time with the walk through. have them operate everything for you and ask questions. i would also bring a pen and paper to take notes or if you have a video camera try taping the whole process. good luck

also i wonder if you own it but dont pick it up for three months...when does your warenty start? see if you can have it start when you take delivery.

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:17 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Just be sure to take your time. RVW tends to do a quick PDI. Open everything. Blow up any inflatable beds, etc. They are very easy to deal with so just be firm and take your time.

Where are they storing your unit?

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:49 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Test the black tank flush. Ours wouldn't allow water to go in. We made a special trip back to the dealer to have it fixed. Also, connect a hose to the water system, don't just use the pump and water tank as we did. Our inlet was faulty.

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

[https://i565.photobucket.com/albums/s...andCruiser.jpg
kjones9820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:51 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Take a DVD with you to test the sound system. Ours would not play DVDs. The radio worked fine. We had to order another system from the factory.

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

[https://i565.photobucket.com/albums/s...andCruiser.jpg
kjones9820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

artgpo,Not sure where they are storing it,I figure outside,I would like it inside but i doubt they have room for it,I would pay to store it for awhile inside,We live in Kawkawlin MI,Just outside of Bay City,I would bring it home but there is know room at our home to store it here so i would have to store it here somewhere.Alot of salt & ice on the roads right now just as soon not have salt underneath the trailer.I was going to ask about starting the warranty when i pick it up,I don't think that will go over to good.By the way thanks for all the info,Alot of it never cross my mind.Edited by: campsurveyor
Old 01-04-2010, 01:57 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

You warranty starts the day you sign off the PDI - Crossroads has a form. The road salt thing has already happened, Indiana has had a lot of big storms this year already so your trailer has already seen plenty of salt - why not just finish the trip and bring it home with you? Break out the pressure washer or hose and give it a spray in full sunlight.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:42 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

mwebber78,Yea i've been keeping a close eye on the weather in that area & i've been talking to Nick at Crossroads so i know when RVW picked up the camper,The weather was clear for a few days before they got on the road.I'am going to have them wash it & i will make sure they get the bottom also,You would think they would wash it before we get there.I think we will go back again in 2-3 weeks & bring it back home,I need to find a place to store it & i need to put insurance back on the truck,It's a 2007 & it's never been driven in the winter,I don't like the salt,haha.It's to far away we want to be able to start planing & packing some stuff & be able to see it when we want to.Thanks
Old 01-04-2010, 09:48 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Campsurveyor...Good for you, go get it!!!...You can pack it, see it, sit in it....Go get it...you know you want to...enjoy making those camping plans with it nearby...

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:12 AM   #12
Family Vacation Member

Cowboy,No truer words have been spoken,I do want to get it bad,Thanks
Old 01-04-2010, 10:38 AM   #13
Full Time Camper

My only question would be "where is RVW going to store my coach"? Having been there in late August we saw no place on their lot for storage. The lot only contained new units for sale and others awaiting delivery.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:59 AM   #14
Family Vacation Member

I don't know they said they would store it for me If not i will be back alot sooner to pick it up
Old 01-07-2010, 08:15 PM   #15
Family Vacation Member

Hi,Seen the camper yesterday everything looked good except a few minor things,Scatch on bathroom door,Corner's of carpet on step going to bedroom is torn a little bit.They did make a misstake & had the regular foldaway bed not the inflatable mattress in the couch,They said it's up to you but they have been having problems with them getting holes in them,mostly from being careless when folding them up & getting pinched.I guess it doesn't matter to me what would you do get the inflatable or not.By the way we took the cover off the furnace & checked the pass thur for loose connections & was surprise to see that there wasno flex tubes or hoses for the heat it's all aluminum ducted now.The pass thur is now clear of any flex tubes for the furnace.The duct fits flush with the ceiling in the pass thur.I had them run all the water system & the black tank flush & all seem good,Also heater,everything seemed to work good.Thanks again for all your advise,GregEdited by: campsurveyor
Old 01-08-2010, 01:55 AM   #16
Full Time Camper

That's becuase the flex-duct is behind a dead panel under your stairs
Old 01-08-2010, 02:35 AM   #17
Family Vacation Member

We took off the vent like cover to the furnace& there was no flex tubes there.