Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
Full Time Camper

In light of all the good and bad we have seen lately, I thought we could start a thread to review dealerships we have had dealings with. This could help those looking to buy to know what dealerships have good and bad service departments or good or bad sales departments.Edited by: anaro

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #2
Site Team

Great idea. As I posted, Camping World of Harrisburg, PA (Grumbine's) has given me excellent warranty service and prepped my Rv after I bought it at the Hershey show even though it was purchased thru another dealer. BTW Grumbine's is being converted into a full blown Camping World store. They have brought in temporary service and sales trailers during construction.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

I'll start. I bought from camping world colfax in Greensboro NC. The sales department was pretty straightforward and not very pushy but in the end I bought a TT o big for the TV I owned. My fault not theirs but they do present by dry weight and will tell you that an F250 diesel can tow anything on the lot which we all know isn't necessarily true.

Now for their service department. They have gotten everything fixed under warranty but have usually kept my trailer for several weeks at a time. Usually get the run around but if you are pushy suddenly the work gets done. They also damaged my trailer on the lot. I picked it up with a dent in the font curbside corner. They didn't tell me about it, we saw it, reported it. They gave us a $100 gift card and we chose to repair ourselves rather than leave the trailer longer. overall I would rate them as fair.Edited by: anaro

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:52 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Fretz in Souderton , Pa has always been great to deal with. When you talk about service after the sale, they have that one down.!
Old 07-25-2013, 12:23 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Bought two units from Pleasureland RV in St. Cloud, MN. in 4 years, the second being our current Cruiser Patriot CF345RF. Went back to them because of price and excellent sales people. Both units had a detailed PDI and they took the time to explain everything. So far haven't needed to use them for service work and they are 900 miles away from us but compared to our local dealers they were far better price and worked harder to get our business and treated us much better. They have four dealerships in Minnesota and their St. Cloud location has 32 service bays. Prompt response to all inquiries and returned all phone calls very fast. Large dealer of many brands but they don't let that interfere with doing a great job. Lets just say if you want a great deal it was well worth the drive or we wouldn't have gone back! They aren't afraid to give you their best price up front. We saved over $8,000 on our Cruiser over what we would have paid locally.

If you need any help, call Vinnie at Pleasureland. He treated us right with both purchases. Interestingly enough his real name is Aaron Binsley - never did figure out why he goes by Vinnie! They also fully understand the import process to Canada which simplifies buying out of country since they know to have all the correct paperwork ready.Edited by: WildWildWest
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:54 AM   #6
New Camper

I don't know if this will help with your suggestion but look up www.rvservicereviews.com
rwmurphy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:57 AM   #7
New Camper

I don't know if this will help with your suggestion but look up www.rvservicereviews.comEdited by: rwmurphy15
rwmurphy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Well sales were good at Pleasureland and the prices were excellent. Can't use them for service so I'll never know.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:04 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

I guess I will have to put a good word in for Hall's RV in Albertville, ALabama. We bought a 2010 Seville Model VF35CK in Feb. 2011 from them, had some warranty work done by them, also had work done in AZ on one of our trips,went back through our dealer and also CrossRoads, excellent response from both. Brooke Battles, Randy Mischler, Tracy Williams, Lynn (didn't get last name), are some of the people I have dealt with, can't say enough good things about them.

Jim & Linda with Candy Bar and Misty
'06 Chev 3500 DuraMax w/Banks
'10 Seville
'09 GL1800 Hannigan Trike
GSCM USN(Ret)
ALR,PGR,VFW 3788, AL460
Triker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #10
Seasonal Camper

National RV outside Detroit had a large selection from several manufactures and the sales staff was very friendly but not pushy. The walk through they gave me was very extensive and went above what I expected. I can't comment on there service because in the year I've owned the trailer I haven't had any issues.
Reese DC
hondavalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Bonner Sports & RV in Jersey Shore PA. sold use are 2012 Zinger great to deal with and service is top notch.
TruckerTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

Another good word for Pleasureland in St. Cloud, Minn. We bought our unit about 18 months ago from Vinnie, also, and got what we think was a very good price. We just had the rig, a Crossroads Patriot fifth-wheel, in for a little warranty work and they seem to have done a great job and covered all the things that needed attention.

and Aggie the Gordon setter

Twin Cities

2011 Cruiser Patriot 325CK

2011 Ram 2500 diesel
dbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #13
Weekend Camper

Rick Baker Rv in Green Cove Springs is heads and shoulders above the rest in my area. Great service during and after the sale. Bought 3 rv's there and there is not a dealer in the area can compete.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

we bought our Rushmore at Camping World in Akron Oh good fair price and very good service what I liked about there was no pressure to buy Jim&Carol