Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
New Camper

I don't normally take the time to complain but I feel that it is truly warranted in this situation. I havea Zinger 28BH that I bought new. It started to show signs of water intrusion in the overhead just inside the side door and inside the TV console. I could not figure out where the water was getting in so I took it back to the dealer I bought it from. They determined that the water was coming in through an unsealed area around the base of the TV antenna. I sealed it up and contacted Crossroads RV directly to see if they would cover a manufacturers warranty. I was just outside the warranty period but tried to plead my case that it really took that long for the water damage to appear. I eventually was put in contact with the president of the company via email and after a few email exchanges, he told me I would have to wait until his operations manager returned from vacation and he would discuss my situation with him and get back to me. Can you fiugre out what happened next?? If you guessed, "You never heard from them again", you would be correct. I tried to follow up with no reply received. Today I took out the ceiling and then tracked down the point of entry for the water. On the outside above the awning, there is a rub rail that serves to secure the edge of the roof membrane to the side of the camper. I discovered an extra hole about an inch away from a screw that was installed under this rub rail. It appears that the builder missed with the screw and instead of sealing the hole, just moved on.

Consider this when trying to determine which brand of RV you will spend your hard earned money on. How well is their manufacturing process and how do they handle customer service issues? It is OK to make a mistake, but how you handle it defines your organization. In my case, being ignored when I raised questions about a manufacturing error speaks volumes about Crossroads RV.
morav10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

If you found out that the water intrusion was due to a manufacturing defect, and that has been documented, then I would reconsider getting back in touch with them. 2 year warranty or not this is a manufacturing defect and they should stand behind this work. I would not give up, I would move forward until it is resolved satisfactorily.

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
New Camper

Hi....I was in the CR service dept yesterday and did hear the the Operations Manager was in Texas I believe, and after seeing the service crew working hard on many units I'm sure your issue will be addressed also as soon as they are able, you might want to call the CR service Dept. and ask for Randy he's my go to guy he's tops.

Edited by: Redhemi
Redhemi is offline   Reply With Quote