Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2014, 12:53 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

cruiser 326RE and 322RL

We are thinking about getting a new fifth wheel in on of these floor plans, 326re and 322rl. does anyone have one or know anything about these. No one around us has one to look and see. Need to know how the measurements are on either side of the bed to get in and out, currently our fifth wheel we have about 1ft to 1 1/2 ft on either side. saw a
2013 Crossroads CRUISER SAHARA 335SS and there was no way we were going to be able to use either side.

Please need some feedback thanks

ktab1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:54 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

The 322RL will have the most space beside the bed of any Cruiser floor plan. It is the only plan that has a king bed as an option, so the standard queen bed with night tables will give you that much extra space on each side.

Just a rough guess looking at the floor plan, but about 18 inches on one side and 24 inches on the other.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:20 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

I have a call in to the company to see if they are planning on making the bedrooms larger for the 326RE, we kinda like the L couch, but I love the room in the bathroom on the RL
hard decision to make!
and as far as Iknow they are the only company that have a class 3 hitch. we currently tow a swivel wheel behind our cardinal for our golf cart. Passed right by several state troopers over the years and no issues.
Lov that swivel wheel.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:08 PM   #4
Site Team

The 326 is the same bed layout as the 335ss. Doubt the factory has changed the size. That leaves you with the 322. The 322 has a more open feel to it then the congestion of the 326. We never like the locked in feeling you get behind the L shaped kitchen.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:06 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

talked with the company and no they are not changing the bedroom floor plan, but they are going to call back sometime this week with the measurements
so far I am leaning towards the 22 but husband likes the L couch, maybe I will make him sleep on the side you cannot get of LOL thanks
Old 07-07-2014, 02:09 PM   #6
Site Team

Can you see a 326 in person to check out the sofa. Most of the sofa beds are a piece of $#!+. If you don't have a bad back when you sleep on one you will when you wake up in the morning. I don't know if Crossroads started to use the new furniture supply company they talked about. Does anyone know??? I hope that will be an improvement.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:10 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktab1 View Post
talked with the company and no they are not changing the bedroom floor plan, but they are going to call back sometime this week with the measurements
so far I am leaning towards the 22 but husband likes the L couch, maybe I will make him sleep on the side you cannot get of LOL thanks
While the L couch may be interesting, the 322RL has a much better living area. The recliners face the TV directly, yet someone can still stretch out on the sofa and watch TV. And the sofa is probably bigger than on the 326RE. On the 326RE, trying to use a recliner and watch TV sideways is no fun.

The 326RE does have several advantages, it is 2ft shorter, the refer is not located in the slide out and it can be accessed with the slide out closed. However the angled refer is a big space waster and CR probably didn't install side baffles in the back as required (I had to add them on my angled refer).

11 Cruiser CF32MK
Old 07-07-2014, 05:24 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

No we cannot see one in person. no-one in the state has these except one place and they only have 2013 models. If anyone does sleep on the sofa, we have a blow-up mattress that we use for visitors now on the sofa that is in our cardinal. the cardinal has a regular mattress but who sleeps on those anyway? so we bought a blow up mattress and it works
Old 07-07-2014, 05:25 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

what are side baffles?
Old 07-07-2014, 05:35 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

Quote:
No we cannot see one in person. no-one in the state has these except one place and they only have 2013 models. If anyone does sleep on the sofa, we have a blow-up mattress that we use for visitors now on the sofa that is in our cardinal. the cardinal has a regular mattress but who sleeps on those anyway? so we bought a blow up mattress and it works
I was not referring to night-time use of the sofa. I'm probably different than most RV owners in that I do a lot of hard volunteer work and it the evenings I will relax by stretching out on the sofa to watch TV or just listen to the stereo. That is also why I replaced the small, uncomfortable sofa with a 6ft unit and better cushions.

11 Cruiser CF32MK
Old 07-07-2014, 05:42 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

ahh okay, yes we like to lay down also. with the current RV, I placed mattress foam on top then a matching bottom bedsheet. works great for us. probably do the same with any rv sofa.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:44 PM   #12
Full Time Camper

Quote:
what are side baffles?
The coils on the back of the refer work by having a vertical air flow over them. With most installations, the sides of the cabinet help maintain that vertical air flow, but when the cabinet is wider at the rear due to an angled placement, baffles are required on both sides of the coils. The installation instructions are very clear about this, yet CR (and probably other RV manufacturers) generally doesn't follow the instructions as close as they should.

11 Cruiser CF32MK
Old 07-11-2014, 04:34 PM   #13
Weekend Camper

Well just wanted to post, we bit the bullet and put in our order for a 2015 326RE, we both really love the living and kitchen, I like the U shaped kitchen, got the measurments for the bedroom 11 inches from the bed to the closet, same as we have with our cardinal. time to clean out the cardinal!