Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2014, 04:29 PM   #41
Full Time Camper

Please tell us why that's bad service!
Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:47 PM   #42
Full Time Camper

Sounds like you are frustrated because it was not corrected first attempt. You are geting good service if they are coming to pick it up and correcting the problem and the redelivering the unit. That is over and above. I think most folks would agree.
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:55 PM   #43
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCFR34 View Post
We dealt with Bill Hodge on some issues and he was great.
Unfortunately they moved Bill Hodge somewhere else. Maybe he was too helpful for them. His replacements just give me a run around.
lcrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:30 PM   #44
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Skype™ to tomandlori
Yes. We felt with Bill a few years back when he authorized camping world to replace the front storage compartment. I felt he was was helpful too. They must have just moved him recently. He used to sit right next to Terry.
tomandlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:33 PM   #45
Family Vacation Member

Crossroads is NOT picking it up. I have to drive 400 miles round trip to get it to them. And find other problems they have caused while working on it.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:01 PM   #46
Family Vacation Member

Lets see, brand new 2011 zinger, water leaking inside from day one it was built. 4 times back to dealer within the first 2 years, we bought it from, they gave up on it, couldnt fix it. they paid to ship in the crossroads. Crossroads tells me they will pay me to come pick it up. when time comes, they wont pay me, and i loose a days pay from work. They lied to me. oct. 2013 it goes back to crossroads for same leak. 5 months go by, they tell me its done and come get it. I drive 200 miles there, and still water inside it. i left it there, and even more problems they caused during them trying to fix the water leak. The camper has been back to Crossraods 3 times in 2 years for the same water leak. There is no Lemon law for campers in Michigan where we live. Attornys want $1500 up front for retainer fees, we dont have that just laying around.They are very bad at returning phone calls and E mails. I have driven there and back 4 times to pick up this camper. 1600 miles. The first guy, Bill Hodge we delt with was good, very helpfull and returned calls. The second guy is not good at all.3 or 4 days go by and we have to call him again. Thats where bad customer service I am comming up with.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:40 AM   #47
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandlori View Post
Lets see, brand new 2011 zinger, water leaking inside from day one it was built. 4 times back to dealer within the first 2 years, we bought it from, they gave up on it, couldnt fix it. they paid to ship in the crossroads. Crossroads tells me they will pay me to come pick it up. when time comes, they wont pay me, and i loose a days pay from work. They lied to me. oct. 2013 it goes back to crossroads for same leak. 5 months go by, they tell me its done and come get it. I drive 200 miles there, and still water inside it. i left it there, and even more problems they caused during them trying to fix the water leak. The camper has been back to Crossraods 3 times in 2 years for the same water leak. There is no Lemon law for campers in Michigan where we live. Attornys want $1500 up front for retainer fees, we dont have that just laying around.They are very bad at returning phone calls and E mails. I have driven there and back 4 times to pick up this camper. 1600 miles. The first guy, Bill Hodge we delt with was good, very helpfull and returned calls. The second guy is not good at all.3 or 4 days go by and we have to call him again. Thats where bad customer service I am comming up with.

This is getting way off base. Lets keep it on topic.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:00 AM   #48
Full Time Camper

I agree Loyd, The Boo hiss thread has already been created. This thread is about the positive direction Crossroads has been going since the change over.

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:39 AM   #49
Full Time Camper

Off topic. Why do we have the same people keep changing good customer service threads to bad? If you have bad reports please use a different thread. We are not asking you to not post negatively, just please take it to a different spot. There have been multiple requests on here to not post bad in a good thread. Thank you.

You can also use the poor workmanship thread in addition to the the boo hiss thread.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:58 PM   #50
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaro View Post

You can also use the boo hiss thread.

NOT!!
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:22 PM   #51
Family Vacation Member

OK people.I get where your coming from. I will try to stick to the proper threads. Sorry for the problems.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #52
Full Time Camper

I would like to share my story and show my appreciation to both Crossroads and Campers Inn.
On our trip back from Florida this spring, we had our first incedent with the Schwintek slide system. the slide was sitting low on one corner when all the way in, and there was a small impression in the linoleum. I should have realized this was not normal, however it had never been an issue until that horrible night. We parked behind a Cracker Barrel for dinner and to get some sleep, and opened the slide some to be able to walk to the bathroom. After dinner I decided to move the trailer to a better spot, Brought the slide in and relocated. The next time I put the slide out I notice a huge tear in the linoleum. I threw some duct tape over the tear to keep it from getting worse and we continued home. We have a brand new Campers Inn that just opened up a few miles from our house, and we decided to pull in and have them take a look before going home. The service department was very nice, and we talked about possible salutions. They recommended calling Crossroads and checking on the Warranty, as repairs could be costly. I called Crossroads and spoke with Lynn. Sent him some pictures and he checked our Warranty. As luck would have it, it expired about 10 days earlier. Crossroads stepped up and covered both the fix for the floor, and the adjustments that needed to be made to the slide. All repairs were finished and it looks great! Thank you Crossroads! and thank you Campers Inn!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140428_190905_resized.jpg (237.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 20140428_190940_resized.jpg (212.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg fixedfloor.jpg (190.9 KB, 10 views)

Jason & Wendy
Old 06-18-2014, 11:32 AM   #53
Weekend Camper

Jason,
Thrilled to hear all is repaired with your camper!! I have had no issues with our new 2014 Rezerve RB, but also purchased the 7 year extended warranty with camper world for piece of mind. I have two slides to worry about.
Gary Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:19 PM   #54
Family Vacation Member

We have worked with two dealers here in Florida, Rick Bakers RV in Green Cove Springs and Nature Coast here is Crystal River, both have been excellent and Crossroads worked with Nature Coast to get all our issues resolved. Nature Coast did not even sell us the trailer and still treated us wonderfully.
and sway bars.
kcandsting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:21 PM   #55
Family Vacation Member

We have a large scratch in our floor from a screw which did not even belong under the slide. What did they do to fix it, we have not done anything yet, except the dealer removed the screw and we put a rug over it, did not want to lose use of the trailer. Did they have to remove everything and repair or just repaired that area?
and sway bars.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:01 AM   #56
Full Time Camper

To repair the floor they just cut out the linoleum on a "grout line" and replaced it with a new piece. In my particular case the tear was in the middle of 4 squares so they cut out all 4 and put in a new 4 square piece. Fixing my slide was the bigger issue. the whole slide had to come out and the slide mechinism needed to be squared up and re aligned so it would not drag on the corner when coming in. I believe they even raised the roller on that corner to aid with support. Do not wait to long if you want your repairs covered under warranty. We were extreamly lucky. This would have been very expensive...

Jason & Wendy
Old 06-24-2014, 06:09 PM   #57
Full Time Camper

I recently had warranty work done. I did not have to deal with CR my service advisor did all of that. All my issues we're take care of. CR did not give any problems approving any of the repairs. My only issue was that my dealer took 6 weeks. But as far as CR no problems yet. Cw3jason my wife wants to know if that an ottoman in the picture? And can you post a better picture? I know your showing the floor and she's looking at decor, I'm sorry.

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:17 PM   #58
Family Vacation Member

We bought a folding ottoman from TJ max it is like a double ottoman and we put it in front of the sofa, it fits next to the bed when we are traveling and gives us lots of storage area for all our electronics, cameras, laptop etc fit in it. Works out well and matches perfectly. We have a SS Reserve 25rb and it fits great in front of the couch.
and sway bars.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:44 PM   #59
Full Time Camper

I think it's great. She's hitting Target right away.

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:54 AM   #60
Full Time Camper

Bert, we got that ottoman at Target, they also had it at Wallmart. The lid pops off and can be flipped over to make a coffee table and two foot stools are hidden inside. Foot stools can be left home if you just want extra storage space. I can take some pictures if you would like. Also we store it next to the bed when the slide is in so it is out of the way

Jason & Wendy