Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2017, 05:10 PM   #1
New Camper

First Time Buyers

My wife and I are 95% sure we want to buy the model Zinger (by Crossroads) Z-1 382 SB...

For not only ourselves but our growing family of young adults and future grandkids.... as well as extended family.

What can anyone tell me about your experiences with Zinger brand, things to look for etc.. any words would be greatly appreciated...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tomordway55t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 05:40 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

I shopped around for 6 months eventually settling on my 36' Crossroads Seville. I was also a first time buyer and believe me I saw a lot of crap out there. I'm happy with this product, the fit and finishes and the factory support I have received over the phone / internet. Sounds like you will soon have a rapidly expanding family - so buy larger than what you need.
Welcome to the forum
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:31 PM   #3
Site Team

I can't help you with the Zinger, however, welcome to the forum.

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2024: 2 trips, 26 nights in 8 states, 4801 miles
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 3904 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:59 AM   #4
New Camper

We just purchased this model at the beginning of the year and so far have loved it! We did change out the queen bed with one purchased from Amazon and that was the best purchase. The original bed that came with the trailer was hard as a rock. We took 4 kids with us and they loved the bunk room and felt the beds including the pull out couch was comfortable.

The bunk room is short on storage for clothes etc. I did put in two small three drawer storage bins for clothes. While we are driving these just sit up on the back bed and then I put them on the floor next to the TV cabinet for their use. I also bought an over the door multi hook that is on the sliding door to close the bunk room so they could hang up their coats, towels etc and one for the bathroom door.

My husband did find that he is a bit big for the shower so we did need to purchase a few items to help with keeping water in the shower and the shower curtain closed while in use but that was only about $20 on amazon.

This was our first TT purchase and we are loving it! Would recommend you also purchase the backup camera to go with it!
Old 03-02-2017, 04:15 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

We purchased 1 season ago a Rezerve (now Volante) which looks to have the exact same layout as what you are looking at. Main difference seems to be the exterior skin, yours would be metal, ours is the firberglass/composite siding. Even the interior finishing seems very similar.

We didn't replace the mattress as LLT did, went cheap on a foam pad. Should have just spent the @$300. Same with LLTs thought, storage is sparse in the rear. We added over the door clips to the bath and rear and are using hanging shoe racks for all the kids clothes, shoes, etc (mine are very small). Overall it will sleep FAR more than you would want to camp with, something like 12 people. Would definitely sleep 7-8 comfortable. 4 in rear, 2 in master, 1-2 on sofa pull out.

After the second trip, the bench seat broke, so I went in and reinforced both sides to accommodate my weight at 220lb. Plus added hinges to the seat access, easier and more sturdy. Def get extra latches or something to secure the doors with, our medicine cabinet opened and fell off, had to repair that (just easier than taking it to a dealer).

Ive repaired little things here and there but so far have been very happy with the TT. Also made a number of improvements for things we wanted for our specific needs, but really love it. Not even in the same league as our old popup and we liked that thing a lot.

Good luck with the decision.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:24 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

We researched TTs for about 5 months prior to purchasing our Zinger 291RL. We walked through dozens of TTs and asked more questions than the salesperson could handle.

When it came time to pull the trigger we decided on our Zinger. No regrets and thrilled with our choice.

Good luck and happy camping!!

2016 Crossroads 291 RL Z-1
2015 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi Outdoorsman
www.wildlifeupclose.com
moore_rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 06:17 PM   #7
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffur View Post
I shopped around for 6 months eventually settling on my 36' Crossroads Seville. I was also a first time buyer and believe me I saw a lot of crap out there. I'm happy with this product, the fit and finishes and the factory support I have received over the phone / internet. Sounds like you will soon have a rapidly expanding family - so buy larger than what you need.
Welcome to the forum

Thank u

Old 03-02-2017, 06:18 PM   #8
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLongTrailer View Post
We just purchased this model at the beginning of the year and so far have loved it! We did change out the queen bed with one purchased from Amazon and that was the best purchase. The original bed that came with the trailer was hard as a rock. We took 4 kids with us and they loved the bunk room and felt the beds including the pull out couch was comfortable.

The bunk room is short on storage for clothes etc. I did put in two small three drawer storage bins for clothes. While we are driving these just sit up on the back bed and then I put them on the floor next to the TV cabinet for their use. I also bought an over the door multi hook that is on the sliding door to close the bunk room so they could hang up their coats, towels etc and one for the bathroom door.

My husband did find that he is a bit big for the shower so we did need to purchase a few items to help with keeping water in the shower and the shower curtain closed while in use but that was only about $20 on amazon.

This was our first TT purchase and we are loving it! Would recommend you also purchase the backup camera to go with it!

Thank You!

Old 03-02-2017, 06:19 PM   #9
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbaZabba View Post
We purchased 1 season ago a Rezerve (now Volante) which looks to have the exact same layout as what you are looking at. Main difference seems to be the exterior skin, yours would be metal, ours is the firberglass/composite siding. Even the interior finishing seems very similar.

We didn't replace the mattress as LLT did, went cheap on a foam pad. Should have just spent the @$300. Same with LLTs thought, storage is sparse in the rear. We added over the door clips to the bath and rear and are using hanging shoe racks for all the kids clothes, shoes, etc (mine are very small). Overall it will sleep FAR more than you would want to camp with, something like 12 people. Would definitely sleep 7-8 comfortable. 4 in rear, 2 in master, 1-2 on sofa pull out.

After the second trip, the bench seat broke, so I went in and reinforced both sides to accommodate my weight at 220lb. Plus added hinges to the seat access, easier and more sturdy. Def get extra latches or something to secure the doors with, our medicine cabinet opened and fell off, had to repair that (just easier than taking it to a dealer).

Ive repaired little things here and there but so far have been very happy with the TT. Also made a number of improvements for things we wanted for our specific needs, but really love it. Not even in the same league as our old popup and we liked that thing a lot.

Good luck with the decision.

Thank you

Old 03-03-2017, 08:44 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Our Z1 has worked well for us since we got it a year ago. I think they are well made and usefully designed, at least for us. We haven't experienced any of the horror stories we've heard about other makes....knock, knock. I did get a several hour walk thru when i bought it and probably avoided some self inflected issues from that. I have added a bracket or 2, fixed a cabinetry, put a panel back on, stopped a water leak, and a few other minor repairs, but overall, very little for how much use our highway house gets. We did go for the $300 Amazon mattress upgrade and happy with it. Except for the routine maintenance, all the other work has been adding boondocking gear. Welcome and Happy Trails

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T537A using Tapatalk
fredtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:55 AM   #11
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtx View Post
Our Z1 has worked well for us since we got it a year ago. I think they are well made and usefully designed, at least for us. We haven't experienced any of the horror stories we've heard about other makes....knock, knock. I did get a several hour walk thru when i bought it and probably avoided some self inflected issues from that. I have added a bracket or 2, fixed a cabinetry, put a panel back on, stopped a water leak, and a few other minor repairs, but overall, very little for how much use our highway house gets. We did go for the $300 Amazon mattress upgrade and happy with it. Except for the routine maintenance, all the other work has been adding boondocking gear. Welcome and Happy Trails

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T537A using Tapatalk

Thank you