Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2010, 12:01 PM   #21
Family Vacation Member

A 2010 trailer with rotting tires sound pretty strange? Have you contacted your selling dealer? Did you buy the trailer new or used? Could the tires have been changed by the dealer? I know that tire weather checking or rotting does not happen overnight did you notice this prior to brining it in to the repair depot? I would also like to know if you brought it in to a Crossroads dealer for repair.

I realise that it sounds like everyone on here works for the advertising department at Crossroads but before i bought my unit i watched this site for feedback and it was all generally positive and since my purchase i have been nothing but impressed with my dealer.

Good luck and please post how things are working out for you.

CF33LF PROVINCIAL EDITION
SWAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:14 PM   #22
Full Time Camper

Bad tires are not unusual, when we bought our camper in 08 they had a major recall on weatherchecked and bad rubber.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:51 PM   #23
Full Time Camper

What are the dates on the tires should give the week of and the year, check. the yellow sticker for the mfg date should be a four to five week difference. Could be that some one at the dealership exchanged the tires off that unit. The tires would be just about the only thing that the manufacture would say your on your on. How ever it there is a major difference in the dates I would call Randy at CrossRoads, and get them involved.

Edited by: fhenn
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:00 AM   #24
Weekend Camper

We bought the tt new....2010 zinger. The dealership noticed the dry rotted 8 mo. after we bought it. We were leaving on a long trip so we were forced to buy "Better" tires that day. Now it has been since May and no refund of any kind!!!! Yes, we have spoke to Randy! We are suppose to have our RV fixed (slideout problem) by this weekend!!!!!!!!!!! It has been in the shop 4 weeks!!!!! We were taking very good care of our zinger, had a 30 amp. put in so we could keep the air on at all times! Now it has been sitting in the 110 temp for 4 weeks. I miss my Zinger.
bmwmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:02 AM   #25
Weekend Camper

We would only take it to a crossroads dealer for repairs.
bmwmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:26 AM   #26
Family Vacation Member

Four weeks for a part is not acceptable, what is the part, could they not take the part from a unit that they have in stock? Did you call Crossroads with the part number to enquire why they cannot supply parts for a realitively new unit? Something sounds strange to me and it sounds as if you are not getting the whole story. I too would be quite upset after four weeks of not having my trailer.

CF33LF PROVINCIAL EDITION
SWAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:54 AM   #27
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmama
We bought the tt new....2010 zinger. The dealership noticed the dry rotted 8 mo. after we bought it. We were leaving on a long trip so we were forced to buy "Better" tires that day. Now it has been since May and no refund of any kind!!!! Yes, we have spoke to Randy! We are suppose to have our RV fixed (slideout problem) by this weekend!!!!!!!!!!! It has been in the shop 4 weeks!!!!! We were taking very good care of our zinger, had a 30 amp. put in so we could keep the air on at all times! Now it has been sitting in the 110 temp for 4 weeks. I miss my Zinger.
We had a similar situation with our previous trailer. Tires failing shortly after purchase and a long high mileage trip right around the corner. I ended up purchasing replacement tires on my $$ then submitting photos, tire date code, purchase date back to the mfg. Shortly there after I received a reimbursement check back. Have you paid a visit to the selling dealer on a busy Saturday to voice you concern? I feel for you since you don't have the proof (tires).

If you know the part number that you need you call CR Parts up directly from the phone number on this site. I spoke with Tara on a part I needed and she was great had the part in about 4 days.
Edited by: salda01

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote