Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2009, 05:29 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We are taking delivery of an 09 Cruiser tomorrow and I've run across a lot of internet forum posts on Lippert frames breaking/bending etc. Crossroads uses lippert frames and some of the defects are on Crossroads models.

Has anyone had a problem with the pinbox frame or attachment to the axles?

I chose Crossroads for: 1) floor plan -wife preferred it over Jayco, and 2) the two year warranty and the good reports of warranty response.

Any feedback would be welcome.
Kevin from K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:55 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Use the search feature at the top of the forum and put in "Lippert" and it should bring up any post about frame issues. I believe Jayco has the same two year warranty Crossroads has. Not trying to talk you out of the Crossroads just saying they have the same warranty.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:57 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

I have not seen many issues with the frames I think it's axle's you have to be careful of. I think in the past ( 5+ years ) there were frame issues but I don't think there have been any issues lately.
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:43 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

_popupControl();

I had a problem with my axle , but issue wasn't the frame it was the loose U bolts thatbroke theaxle loose. The frame held well considering the unit was pulled on to a flat bed trailer on one axle.Then when lowering my trailer and truck the tow truck cable broke and both unit free rolled a good 25ft before the rear hitch got stuck in the asphalt because of the drop angle. CR took care of everything 100%.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:27 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

had pinbox frame failure on the 2005 Keystone 5er. No problems with the 09 Cruiser. Just watch what it looks like when towing. We noted the Keystone had excessive movement in the front under tow. this was from new on. If it looks "funny", get it checked out. Our experience with Crossroads service is excellent and much improved from Keystone.
w&cferb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

I have nothing but good things to say about Crossroads. I had 2 problems and crossroads bent over backwards to help us. Call and ask for Randy M. if you have a problem.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:23 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

I had my frame break. Where the pin box mounts there is square tubing that is the crossmember. Mine broke in half. That was a Friday. I had to argue on the phone with Lippert. They wanted to tow the trailer some where to fix it. Problem. I have a 38 foot long, 13'4" trailer. There's no way to tow it on a trailer. They found a person with a trailer who was able to get to my location Wednesday. First thing the guy says when he gets to where I'm stranded is he can't tow my trailer. Gee, think I told them that. Back on the phone. They decide to send a welder from Lippert and tech's (I use that term losely) from a dealer to take apart the unit and fix it. They tell me the welder can't be there till Friday around noon. They advise me the tech's from the dealer will be there in the AM to take apart the unit. Well, the welder shows at about 9am and no tech's. Welder said he could have been there Wednesday night. Call the dealer and the tech's should be there around noon. Well, one goober shows up with nothing but a drill with a screw bit. No ladder, no nothing. I end up searching around and borrowing a ladder and me, the welder and the goober end up taking the unit apart. The welder was great and definitely know what he was doing. The steel inside was real crap. I grew up doing welding work on commercial clam boats so I have some experience with steel. This stuff was crap.
I have also had many axles replaced and have lost five tires to "unknown" reasons. Come to find out my unit had the wrong Equaflex parts on it and it was making a mess of everything. We'll see if Crossroads stands up to the stuff that was broken by the problem. I love the trailer and just hope this fixes my problems.

CrazyTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:46 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Hey Ted, what was the outcome of your situation?
Kevin from K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:04 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Well, where we are today. The front cap has been replaced but the caulking issues have not been resolved. The new Equaflex parts seem to have solved the problem of breaking parts. When I purchased the Maxxis tires, I haven't had another tire go flat,,,,yet. I haven't recieved any compensation for any of the damage or parts that I have had to buy out of pocket. We'll see how this all ends up.

CrazyTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:32 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Kevin, Hope this doesnt scare you but I had a huge problem with my Seville 35CK. Broken welds in the pin box were the culprit. Actually welds were never completed, just stitched then painted over and Lipperts Q-C missed it. I picked my unit up in Medicine Hat Ab and drove to Morden Manitoba. On the way down I noticed that the trailer was doing all kinds of crazy things in the mirror. When I arrived I had a local rv dealer look at it and without opening it up he knew there was a serious problem. As the closest Crossroads dealer was in Brandon and this unit was lucky to make it this far without killing me and a few others on the highway Sun Valley RV agreed to take it on as long as Crossroads would approve the repairs. Randy Michler from Crossroads gave the ok. Sun Valley worked on my unit that winter and when I came back in the spring everything was fixed and looked as good as it did when I left the showroom. I could'nt have been happier with Crossroads or the very fine people at Sun Valley. Hats off to them both. Lippert on the other hand is a huge problem and they don't seem to be that concerned about sub standard products or putting a product out there that has a disasterous potential.

2008 Seville CK35

Work related Camping 6-8 months a year. [img]smileys/smiley16.gif[/img]

Doug Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote