Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2012, 02:20 AM   #1
New Camper

This is a copy and paste of my testimonial that I posted on Newby's website. When you look on their website, you see nothing but 5-star results (5 of 5).....that often leads one (or at least me) to wonder if the it is really true. So, I figured it might be a good idea to post it here as well so people that look know that it isn't something that the dealer has manipulated. So here is my post....

I purchased a new Crossroads Cruiser CF29BHX from Newby's. If you are one that needs a quick answer regarding this dealer, they treated me well and I would buy from them again.

Here are the condensed details - I purchased a Cruiser 5th Wheel (above), a B&W Patriot hitch, and a Yamaha EF300iSEB generator.
Mike did a good job installing my hitch. He took a the extra time to make sure it was positioned correctly....that was appreciated. Tim walked me through everything on the camper and made sure I was up to speed on how it all works.
The generator was a bit late arriving at their place. When it arrived, we literally transferred it from one truck to another and I went on my way to try and avoid some weather that was coming in. I got it home only to find out the engine was seized and would not budge with the pull cord or starter. I live about 4 or 5 hrs from them, so I elected to call Yamaha. My thinking was that Newby's only ordered the generator from their vendor.....they are not a dealer of generators themselves. While it has not been confirmed, it seems that the generator may have been run before without oil. Perhaps returned and then put back on the shelf by the vendor.....pure speculation on my part. After multiple conversations with Yamaha, Johnny told me they will make it right and he did. They provided me a new (working) replacement generator and stood behind their word and products. They did right by me.
That said, Johnny, Tim, and the entire staff are men of their word and have earned my satisfaction and repeat business. I was pleased with my transaction at Newby's. As for my new camper, so far I love it however, I have not been able to use it yet. I will probably review it on the Crossroads Forum at a later time. I will say that it seems that the Crossroads line seems to be a superior product in their price point.....unbeatable warranty.

Many thanks to you, Johnny and Tim.
God Bless you both.

Chris Woosley
Newburgh, IN

<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:n&#111;ne">

2011 Cruiser CF29BHX
cwooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:51 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Welcome and Congratulations on the new Cruiser, Crossroads is, IMHO one of the best...
Travel Safe ...

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:59 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Welcome and congrats on the new rig...Crossroads' warranty is hard to beat...

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote