Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2013, 06:23 AM   #1
New Camper

Hello, My wife and I are looking at a 2006 Paradise Point fifth wheel in northern California. I am not sure of the model, but it is 37 feet long with 2 entrance doors. I am not terribly familiar with this brand. It is a beautiful looking 5er but I have read some not-so-impressive reviews. We are looking to full time and have an infant. I am thinking that with the 4 slides it would have enough room, although I am aware that it is very heavy. Any information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.</span><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, 'sans serif'; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;"><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, 'sans serif'; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">Adam</span>

lutzal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Adam, I can only give you my opinion on our unit. Ours has been a piece of junk since the day we got it. We bought it new and have yet to take a trip that something did not break. We just got back from a trip and had one issue fixed (bathroom sink facet replaced) and came home with two new ones (valance fell off the big back window and the screws pulled out of one of the bedroom cabinets hinges). That being said there plenty of happy PP owners out there but others with issues. They were the top of the line at the time but were kind of hit or miss on what you might get. JMHO
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I don't have a PP but my 2007 Cruiser has been very reliable. Not sure if they will withstand the rigors of Full Time (especially with an infant) however. I would hesitate to full time in a rig that was 7+ years old to start with.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Keep looking there is a lot of product available. Match your needs and explore your options. Full timingrequires a strong base don't sacrafise get what you need. Good Luck!
Go Well
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Adam, We have an 05 PP and like it very much. Yes we had a couple of issues when we first got the unit and were taken care of. Now with you getting a used unit just give it a good PDI before putting down the bucks. Good luck in finding what you want.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

We don't full time but just 6 months a year in our 05 Silverado which was the mid line between Cruiser andParidise Point. Have had no major issues yet! I'm not real sure if Thor purchased the company before 07.
I suggest checking real close for water damage on floors, ceilings &amp; sidewalls. Any special parts will be hard to come by, I imagine.
carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:13 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

We have a '04 PF30CK Paradise Pointe. We have owned it since '06, we are the 2nd owners. Although we don't use it but 3 or 4 times a year and we stay close to home we are happy with it. It does have a bent axle I discovered by abnormal tread wear on one of the tires, it has not been a problem since switching the tires the LT radials. It came with nylon tires or what some call bias ply tires. I tried to get Alko Kober to work with us on a new axle but the their idea of working with us was not really that good even though they admitted to Crossroadsthey hadaknown quality control problem with axles between certain years. Other than that it has been a good 5th wheel with just a few small issues that I was able to take care of myself. As mentioned above, do a real good PDI. I would check the tires foruneven tire wear. This will tell you if your axles are aligned and not bent. On the bedroom slide, look at the bottom of the left and right sides from the outside to see if the paint is scratched up. Ihave seen several that have come out of adjustment. When the slide opens and closes itscrapes the paint off.Check the caulking around the entire thing and sealant around the roof. If it looks to be in good condition and not pulling away on the edges chances are good there have been no leaks. Look for water stains on the inside. I would have the current owners fire up the A/C, furnace, and water pump to make sure they work. I'm sure there are plenty of other items to look for. Somewhere here you can find a PDI checklist that will tell you just about everything to look for. Use the search option to search the forum, I'm sure you will find it.

Good Luck with your purchase.
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote