Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2016, 01:20 PM   #1
New Camper

Smile Purchasing from Paul Sherry

Question - We're also considering a purchase from Paul Sherry but are nervous about the 8 hours drive to their location from Maryland. How did you feel about the long distance purchase? Any concerns before or after the purchase? Thanks, Dave
dpuckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:45 PM   #2
New Camper

We had a great experience purchasing from Paul Sherry--Zach Small was our sales/contact person and he answered all my (thousands) questions..lol.
He even measured stuff for me, because , after all we were purchasing sight unseen except for the walk through on youtube and pictures that Zach took for me.

The trip out was very nice- we took the PA turnpike and went through the tunnels.

There is a hotel a few minutes from the dealership which we stayed in until the next day when we picked up the camper.

Not sure what kind of rig you are getting, but if it's anything over 25 feet long,we found it made an AMAZING difference with 2 sway bars, esp. traveling that distance. Our previous camper only had one.

We saved an amazing amount of money buying it from Paul Sherry and would not hesitate to go back when we are ready for our next camper.
Just remember, though, that you will eventually have to pay the sales tax to your state, and that's quite a hunk of change, but we still saved a lot.
The Dealers in NJ could not even come close to the price.

We took it slow and camped on the way home so it made it easier for my Husband to get used to driving it.
Good Luck...I will be happy to answer any other questions you have if I can.
campermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 04:20 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpuckett View Post
Question - We're also considering a purchase from Paul Sherry but are nervous about the 8 hours drive to their location from Maryland. How did you feel about the long distance purchase? Any concerns before or after the purchase? Thanks, Dave
We were going to also make that drive from Virginia.. BUT bought from HITCH RV in NJ... didn't want to make the drive through DC but they said NO Problem and delivered it to us.... Same price and deal as Paul Sherry...without the 8 hr. drive.
Highly recommend them.
deesboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 06:36 AM   #4
New Camper

Thanks for the info! When it comes to Crossroads TT's the selection here in MD is pretty slim, thus we're looking at Paul Sherry, Ansley and Hitch in neighboring states.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:32 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Can't speak to your specific dealer, but we found a smoking deal on our unit. Couldn't find the camper we wanted within 3 states and the price was good enough to drive a 4th state. A buddy and I made a long weekend road trip out of it to get it.

If you can get actual pics, great, def ask as many questions as you want. IMO you found them, they are investing time for QnA, thats the same effort they would be doing if you walked on the lot. People above have good experience with that dealer.

I put down a refundable deposit to ensure it would be there since I was driving so far.

Make sure you have your rig set up and correct before you leave home (leveling kit, tire condition on truck, etc). Make sure you have as many docs as you can in line before you go (deposit, loan, proof if ins, etc).
Old 08-19-2016, 01:22 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpuckett View Post
We not quite as far as you, but still 4 hours from up near Cleveland. We've bought 2 trailers from Paul Sherry. They're the real deal. Family owned dealership and real nice folks. They are not the high volume dealership like we have here in town. Since we have rules on the forum regarding pricing, disparaging comments and such regarding the dealerships, I'll just say we have a Crossroads dealership 15 minutes from our house and we'll gladly make the drive down to Piqua any day. The most un-RV dealership...no pressure and they still move quite a few trailers. I've bought both trailers sight unseen. Matter a fact, both times we were there they had people in from Maryland picking up trailers. We've dealt with Bill Clark. Good guy and worked with us on both trades. I wish there were more businesses like them out there. We have a laundry list of warranty items from our first summer with our 32BH and will be going down in a weeks to have them fix a bunch of little stuff, some bigger stuff too (awning).

I can't say enough about them. Going to find out how there service is soon enough and will update you all..

If you do go with them, ask for Bill...tell him Mark and Carolyn sent ya...

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 02:24 PM   #7
New Camper

Mark, thanks for sharing your experience! We're so much looking forward to getting our 1st TT and upgrading from our tent and you guys are so generous with your ideas and experiences that we feel better going into this purchase
Old 08-20-2016, 02:57 PM   #8
New Camper

Thanks for sharing your experience campermom, we're so much looking forward to getting an TT and upgrading from a tent for our camping experiences!
Old 08-28-2016, 05:52 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Mark, let me know how their service is for you. We bought from Bill Clark as well in June. We have a small list of somewhat big items that need repair under warranty that fortunately were not season ending. We are planning on taking it back the 5 hour drive for them to repair at the end of the season. I continually sent bill emails as issues arose to document. Things like our center island the trim work has just about completely come off, the black tank flush doesn't work, I think the inner hose is kinked, and some other minor trim work that has come unfastened. I loved working with Bill, great guy. He mentioned he is retiring in few years.

-Tim

TV: 2015 F-150 XLT Crew Cab 3.5L Eco 4x4 Max Tow
TT: 2017 26BB
SB: Catalina 22
NoodlesWIU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:10 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesWIU View Post
Mark, let me know how their service is for you. We bought from Bill Clark as well in June. We have a small list of somewhat big items that need repair under warranty that fortunately were not season ending. We are planning on taking it back the 5 hour drive for them to repair at the end of the season. I continually sent bill emails as issues arose to document. Things like our center island the trim work has just about completely come off, the black tank flush doesn't work, I think the inner hose is kinked, and some other minor trim work that has come unfastened. I loved working with Bill, great guy. He mentioned he is retiring in few years.

So we picked up our trailer over the weekend from Paul Sherry after they fixed a laundry list of warranty repairs including a new awning. Most of the repair work was actually re-work from incorrect or poor installation. Rather than beat that dead horse about quality control, I'll just give Paul Sherry kudos on excellent service. The awning took over a month to get in house but we're very happy with their service. Jake in service was awesome, he even found issues we didn't and got Crossroads to cover the repairs.

Oh, and yes, Mr. Clark did tell us he is planning to retire and hit the bucket list of places to travel. We'll miss him for sure, but they have a customer first culture there that I'm sure is shared by the other sales folks.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 06:59 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Paul Sherry beat the local dealer by over $5,000 (which is huge on a $25,000 trailer). I had no problem driving 3.5 hours to pick it up.

As mentioned above, the warranty work was excellent. We had trouble with the awning LEDs, skylight on shower was leaking, and door latch was sticking.

It was completed in less than a week as promised.
mbutts is offline   Reply With Quote