Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2013, 03:54 AM   #21
New Camper

To all who actually tried to help me with my problem thank you I really appreciate your help and advice. At this point I am heavily leaning toward the Jayco. I love the bedroom space in the rushmore bc I have 2 Great Danes. And moving around them isn't always easy in confined spaces but we will make do.

Thank you again for your help!
Jfilizetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:07 AM   #22
Full Time Camper

Good Luck pack plenty of "long johns". Hope it all works out for you. Check out some of these posts(</span>https://www.google.com/search?source...;oq=&amp;gs_l=</span>
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #23
New Camper

I bought a 2013 Crossroads Rushmore Washington this last February. After each of ten trips I have had to return it to the Dealer to have something fixed. I wanted to go full-time, but am now worried about doing so because of the craftsmanship. Here is a list of problems:

1. The front room A/C doesn’t cool. This is a common problems with all Washington trailers. There was no air coming out of the vents. The dealer tried to fix the air delivery, but their changes made little difference.

3. There were several problems with the window blinds. First, several weren’t hung level. Second, when the guide strings are tight enough to hold them up or in place, they are difficult to move up and down. If the strings are not tight, the blinds don’t stay in place. Third, the guide strings keep coming loose. The dealer adjusted several, but it’s an ongoing problem.

4. The drawers in the kitchen open when the trailer is traveling. The dealer had to change the catches.

5. Both of the rounded cabinets under the island had to be replaced because of scratches that came from the factory.

6. While on a 3 week trip, we started having problems with the kitchen slide. The kitchen slide did not close all of the way. It took several tries and then pushing on the outside to finally close it. The slide closed once by itself on this three week trip with the motor really straining to close the slide. Every other time we closed it, it took several tries. This is a common problem with the Washington because the motors are to small.

7. While returning home from this same 3 week trip we noticed that the fabric that covers the roof was tearing off. This is a major problem which means that we may not be able leave next week on our next planned trip. The dealer could not determine the cause.

8. The oven/stove is not level even though the trailer's auto leveler says the trailer is level. Food is always sliding to one side.
10. Wood trim keeps coming loose.

11. The bottom of the bed caught on its frame when we were bring in the bed slide and broke the frame.

12. The shelf on one side of the bed was torn loose when raising the bed. We chose to leave it off to give the bed more room to move up and down.

13. The kitchen sink hardware leaked. This took a couple of trips to the dealer so that he could finally determine the problem.

14. The floor under the toilet needed to be reinforced to keep it from making noises and sagging.

15. The electrical hook-up cable where it connects to the trailer itself kept shorting out and had to be re-wired.

16. Replaced the control panel for indicating the amount of water in my tanks. This took several trips to the dealer because it was a short that only happened occasionally, but finally it went out completely and the dealer was able to determine the problem.

17. The overhead light switch just inside the trailer door didn’t work.

* When the roof was being replaced the tech told me that the A/C unit on the roof had pulled loose of its screws and was ready to fall off the roof. I would strongly suggest not buying this 5th wheel.
cliff.mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #24
New Camper

I bought a 2013 Crossroads Rushmore Washington this last February and have had nothing but problems. The craftsmanship was really poor. Here is a list of major problems.

The fabric on the roof started to tear off.
The A/C in the front room doesn't blow air. This is a problem with most of these units.
We have a lot of problems with the window blind. They come loose and keep falling down.
The kitchen drawers keep sliding open when we are driving.
The slide motors are powerful enough. I had my kitchen slide stop working while on a trip.
The stove wasn't level.
The wood trim keeps coming off.
A light switch didn't work.
The control panel had to be replaced.
The slide with the bed caught on the bed frame and broke it

It's really to bad this company hasn't done a better job because it's a beautiful 5th wheel.
cliff.mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #25
Weekend Camper

rushmore

I have the rushmore lincoln that I have used on 3 different trips. I only had some minor issues after first trip. My unit also wasn't level after using the 6 pt leveling system. I watched the video on the 6 pt level system and found out how to calibrate it (very easy). Now it is always level. My slide works great. I am wondering if the units that have slide issues are the ones that are not leveled properly? By the way, I am selling my 2014 rushmore and 2004 dodge ram 3500. I am not selling due to not liking it or any issues but selling due to personal reasons. I do love my unit and have been happy with it.
Jamestn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #26
Gone Traveling

We too had purchase a 2013 Wash Rushmore with 50 plus issues with our unit on the first 14 days of our winter vacation. We are at a repair enter in Mesa now a week and plan to be here another 2 to three weeks before trying to continue on a our vacation. I will give a update later on the repirs
kglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #27
Weekend Camper

When we bought our Jayco Pinancle two years ago, we had the Rushmore on our finalists list but the Pinnacle won out for several reasons.

We have just completed 2 years fulltime in our Jayco Pinnacle, we have had a few minor issues (I do not think any RV is problem free) but have been very happy with our decision.

Our Pinnacle has met our expectations and has been a comfortable / reliable home for the last 2 years.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #28
Gone Traveling

Hi Rob
I happy for you that you are Pleased with your Jayco Pinnacle . I see your posting as a advertisement for Jayco Pinnacle model although. This is a Crossroads forum site, imagine a customer who is unhappy with his Ford product and someone telling that his GMC has been great. Please do not take this the wrong way.
Again, I'm glad your enjoying your Jayco Pinnacle
Keep on RVing
Old 11-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #29
Weekend Camper

Sorry if it came across that way, not trying to advertise for any brand, we almost bought a Rushmore, at that time it was a toss up as there were things we liked better on the Rushmore and things we liked better on the Pinnacle, we just got a much better deal on the Pinnacle.

I still monitor this site since one day we will replace the Pinnacle and I have been impressed with the "New" Rushmore floorplans and layouts, I think the engineers did a great job with the layout on the Rushmore, has a lot of very nice features and I love the bedroom layout and space.
I also think Crossroads is working hard to improve their product quality and customer support.
There may be a Crossroads product in our future yet!

Notice our Crossroads Forum join date, it was when long before we bought our Pinnacle and were researching 5th Wheels and we were impressed with the Rushmore's we saw at the RV shows, dealers and the Crossroads reps we talked with were great.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #30
Gone Traveling

On another note Rob... Jayco certainly has a much better warranty then Crossroads. Future Crossroads customers should take notice and demand a matching two warranty. We have had over 50 plus warranty concerns come up in our first two weeks of our first trip and continue to find more problems every day during our warranty repairs. I pretty sure a year is not long enough to deal with warranty.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #31
Gone Traveling

No worries Rob. I did not take that we. I was thinking other forum members might think that way. We too love the looks and layout inside and out of our Rushmore. If Crossroads could improve there Quality control and back it up with a leading warranty of two or more years factory warranty they could really take a large market share. We receive compliments about the looks of our Rushmore all the time. They just need to improve there QC
Good Night all and take care Rob
Glenn & Dianna K
Old 11-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #32
Family Vacation Member

One thing CrossRoads did right with the Rushmore line was design a beautiful 5er for sure! It's the way they kept the cost down that is the issue. We are very happy with the floor plan and overall design of our 14 Lincoln. What we are not happy with is the cost cutting corners so to speak. We love the interior de'core (the Midnight package)and the beauty of the exterior. However I could go on and on about the little stuff we have found after living in ours the past three months. We will be heading back home in a week and ours is heading straight to the service center. They have ordered all of the things we need replaced and are ready to repair/fix the other issues we have found.
We are very happy to report we are warm and dry, using our fresh water tank in the low temps here as the park has shut the water off for the season, hoping to do our final dump this weekend, winterize the unit and travel north to WI! We purchased our Lincoln in May, addressed some warranty issues right away, found others as we go. So far CR has stepped up for us and our service center has gone beyond the call of duty to help us. Very thankful!
2016 High Country SILVERADO 2500HD DURAMAX/Allison
RJHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #33
Weekend Camper

you hear all the bad things about the Rushmores we have ours for over a year and have had a couple of issues that they have taken care of with no trouble just make sure you go to a good dealer I know of several other Rushmore owners and they have really no major issue Jim&Carol