Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #1
Site Team

To prospective Crossroads buyers. I'm sure you noticed a lot of complaints and issues with the Crossroads brand of Rv's. I just spent the last few days checking out other forums, namely: Jayco, Keystone, Excel, Coachman, Heartland, and Forest River. WOW. You think Crossroads is unique to having problems with their Rv's?? Check out the other forums. Issues on top of issues. A lot of the same issues that show up here.
Just wanted to let future buyers, and present owners, that Rv problems are industry wide.
CHOSE WISELY.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
Site Team

And how did the other brands stack up as far as warranty/standing behind their product?

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
Site Team

Some have the same complaints as some of the members here: Dealers don't care and factory support is lacking. One of the forums even has a forum topic for complaints. Check em out.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Old 07-23-2013, 12:28 PM   #4
Site Team

Mark, I ain't got time for that. I'm retired now ya know.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #5
Site Team

I'm retired too, but I'm stuck hanging around the house the past few weeks and I get bored. I also question if I made the right choice for an RV. I now think owners of other brands think the same.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

I believe the indusrtry has changed from old school of building quality products. To now, building a fatter wallet. As fast as you can. Just my opinion.
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #7
Site Team

Ya know, I feel I'm one lucky fella. This Cruiser we have has been one heck of good rig for us.
(Hope I don't jinx myself) It was just what we wanted when we bought it, and has been pretty much trouble free.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #8
Pnr
Family Vacation Member

I have had alot of issues with my crossroads, I saw a jayco eagle that caught my eye so I checked out their forum.
Mark5 is right. Same issues, same problems. The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.

PaulEdited by: Pnr

Pnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Mark you are so right there are industry wide complaint boards. You are interested in your rig so just do good maintenance. I have found most any unit can have problems. The RV manufacture are not controlled like the auto industry. They all use the same materials it is up to the consumer to suss them out. Even with all the recent negativity our units are pretty good when you do do comparisons.
I hope CR listens to us. Sorry about the" do do"
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Farmer
Ya know, I feel I'm one lucky fella. This Cruiser we have has been one heck of good rig for us.
(Hope I don't jinx myself) It was just what we wanted when we bought it, and has been pretty much trouble free.
Lloyd

I feel the same way, very happy with our new rig so far. Any problems we 've had so far CR has addressed
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Farmer
Lloyd

I feel the same way, very happy with our new rig so far. Any problems we 've had so far CR has addressed

I can say the same I had minor stuff but had no problem dealing with CR or my dealer.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #12
New Camper

We were looking to buy a Rushmore as some good friends of ours have a new one that we really like. However, after reading here and knowing the issues they have been through........in addition to the local dealership issues, we chose to not buy one. Instead we bought a new Mobile Suites and are very happy with it.

But let me be very clear.....DRV has problems too. We have not had any associated with build quality of the coach, but we are having issues with the oil bath hubs. It is going in for the second time for leaks. We shall see what we shall see.... Others on the DRV forum have issues also...some multiple and serious, so the problems crop up no matter what you buy or how much you spend.

The local DRV Dealership seems to be really good to deal with so that helps.

hutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:13 PM   #13
Full Time Camper

Thanks for posting. Mobile Suites is one of the best 5th wheels. So the reality check is these are mobile units and are subject to many physical forces. Even the better units share some problems found throughout the industry. Do your homework and also hope for "good luck" is all we can do.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #14
Full Time Camper

We are enjoying our Jefferson everyday. Roomy, furniture is top notch. Just getting the big issues out of the way. Crossroads service tects are awesome. Ron and Leonard. Nice to deal with. My new dinette chair arrived today. Pick it up tomorrow. Only thing left is a decal that was peeling when we picked it up. Ask the dealer to replace it. Didn't happened. Blue Dog RV dragging its tail again. A/C is working great now. New.stereo is awesome. We're happy campers everyday.
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #15
Full Time Camper

That is great. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #16
Full Time Camper

yup. Been very satisfied with our zinger. We had a few minor things that were all repaired under warranty. No issues with crossroads. The dealership was slow but got it done to our satisfaction... other than denting our trailer with something on their lot. I too have been on other manufacturers boards and seen the sme kind of frustrations. All one can do is research things, do a really good pdi and stay on top of things with their rv. Do not accept delays and set backs. Kerp a good line of communication with the dealership and if necessary the factory.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:31 AM   #17
Full Time Camper

Well we have owned ours for 8 months and other than towing it for over 1,300 miles we haven't slept in it yet. Overall everything except for our water pump is working correctly and I have gone over every inch of it so far and have been using the slides and all components multiple times getting ready for our trip. Our problem is we go on the road for four weeks each year and I am hoping I have found all the bugs before we leave. I've also made several upgrades thanks to the great info on the forum here and am pretty confident we got a good rig. Our dealer is great but they are 900 miles away so if something major happens we will see how the local guys work out. We leave next Thursday and I'll be sure to give some feedback while we are away. We aren't new to RVing, just new to this rig. Makes me happy we have no Schwintek slides in our unit given done of the issues here. My wife absolutely lives our unit so I really hope we don't have any major issues. We also did a lot of research before buying our Crossroads Cruiser after owning a Fleetwood Terry which was a quality built unit before they went bankrupt and it seemed to us that all manufacturers had some issues. It really came down to price and options that we wanted.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #18
Weekend Camper

I've noticed there seems to be a lot of problems across the board, and across brands. It's definitely something that gives me cold feet when pondered.What is one to do?

I guess the thing that I watch for isn't whether or not there are consistently problems, because there just are anymore, but whether or not there is a resolution and participation by the company.

For instance, the Palomino Columbus is on my list. I keep an eye on the FR forums, specifically the Palomino forum. I do know for Palomino and Heartland that you can speak with a company rep on their respective forums, and the reps do show up and respond. I don't see that with CrossRoads, nor have I had any answers to both of my queries to CR. That does make a statement, and it's really a mark against CR. It's sad, because we really do like the Cruiser/Patriot and Sunset Trail Reserve, but I'm leery now due to lack of communication from them and lack of responses to the complaints and concerns brought up on this forum. I saw and read the thread on the warranty, and I wasn't impressed with the way it was handled ultimately. How hard is it to at least offer a second year warranty? Forest River offers one for $150.

Edited by: Bobbi
Old 07-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #19
Full Time Camper

You are correct. HOW HARD???? It is industry wide but that should not be any type of excuse. We are not gamblers we are counsumers. Give us the product we want and presume we should get.
Indifference sparks change. T here are many comprable offerings.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:19 AM   #20
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by socoguy
You are correct. HOW HARD???? It is industry wide but that should not be any type of excuse. We are not gamblers we are counsumers. Give us the product we want and presume we should get.
Indifference sparks change. T here are many comprable offerings.
It's not hard. Other manufacturers do it. In this case, I would strongly recommend that CR do it, because it would go a long way towards reconciling with their "old" customers, and projecting a positive statement to future CR buyers. I do have a degree in business admin - management and marketing, and if CR were to consult with me, this is one thing I'd tell them they *have* to do for damage control.

Come on CR - save yourself while you still have the chance to do so. Any wise person who wants to purchase an RV nowadays is going to find this and other RV forums and do their research - they're going to find all this negative feedback - so take advantage of it and do something to rectify your situation while you still have time and past customers still care enough.

Of course, CR is never going to see this if they don't visit this forum, and that's the impression I now have. This is a great source for valuable customer feedback, but not so if it's not used in that way. Many companies actually pay to get this kind of customer feedback via contracting with companies to create and conduct customer surveys. How lucky RV companies are to get this info for free, but it's of no use if it's not heeded, and that just leads to even more customer frustration and dissatisfaction.