Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2012, 12:29 AM   #21
Weekend Camper

Todd,

I think we are going to pull the trigger and order a new 28BH this weekend. The only question I had though was about your suspension. What did you end up doing to your truck? Did you get a new pin box, or did you get air bags?

When we talked to our dealer, they highly recommended air bags.

Thanks.
JeremyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:11 AM   #22
Weekend Camper

I'm looking at getting both at this point. Congratulations on your upcoming purchase! If I had to do it again I would of ordered mine and gotten the upgraded pin box option. We just took it out and it was unexpectedly hotter than usual (low 90's) and the AC did fine.

Enjoy! I posted a current picture under the rig photos thread in this same folder.

Todd
2013 Sunset Trails SF28BH
Accoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #23
Weekend Camper

Todd,

I have to say that your camping locations are amazing! To get those views would be incredible! Your trailer looks awesome. If you have any side pictures of it hooked to the truck, i would be interested in seeing those. Since we pretty much have the same truck, i would like to see how much the truck sinks when you have the trailer hooked up.

Again, just awesome pictures Todd. You should make your own thread and post all of them you have. They are just incredible.

Thanks.

Jeremy
Old 10-20-2012, 04:47 AM   #24
Weekend Camper

Thanks. I just checked and I have no photos of it hitched. I get so focused on setting up, I forget to to take a photo until it is too late. I would estimate that my truck drops about 4-5" when it is hooked up. With my Z71, the suspension is so stiff and naturally raised it drops to about level. So if your truck is similar than you will be fine.

Thanks for the comments and good luck with the dealer. I was able to get almost 30% off the msrp, but it took a lot of back and forth. I bought mine from an out if state dealer and they still played the game very well. I finally got them to break when I told them that I located one two states away and I can easily drive 3 more hours to get a better deal.

Enjoy,

Todd
Old 01-21-2013, 03:20 AM   #25
Weekend Camper

Todd,

Did you take your trailer out again anytime recently? Is it still holding up good?

Thanks.

Jeremy
Old 01-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #26
Weekend Camper

No more trips recently, but I just winterized it with no issues. I was pleasantly surprised when I finally found the water heater bypass. There was a bypass kit already installed to reduce the amount of antifreeze used. We have had no issues since the last trip, so nothing to update.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #27
Weekend Camper

Jeremy, If you are thinking of moving the spare to make room for a bike rack you had better make sure you are not voiding the warranty that covers the bumper. If you are thinking of adding a ladder and using a ladder hung bike rack it will void the warranty on the ladder and the vertical tubes on the ladder will snap due to the jarring of the bike rack. If you are thinking of welding a receiver to the trailer frame to do an insert type bike rack that will void your frame warranty unless Lippert does the installation and they are very expensive. I had a 2" receiver mounted on the front of my truck and use a receiver type bike rack there. I do have to remove one of the bike seats so it doesn't block my forward vision while driving. Hope this helps.
Bruce
bandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #28
Weekend Camper

What dealer are you working with on the new rig?

Bruce
bandb is offline   Reply With Quote