Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2009, 12:14 AM   #1
New Camper

Found a Sunset Trails fifth wheel with the perfect floorplan. Have recently corresponded with a dealer who says the Sunset Trials line is being discontinued and we should look at the Cruiser (we own a 2005 Cruiser by the way) line. Has anyone else heard that is occuring? And, how is the quality of the Sunset Trail compared to the Cruiser?

We want to upgrade to a model with bunk beds (ours is a 25 foot with a pull out sofa bed) for our granddaughter whom we are raising.We love our Cruiser but it is getting smaller by the minute! Any suggestions? Thanks.
barterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:18 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I would call CrossRoads and ask

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:32 AM   #3
New Camper

Thanks. Should have thought to call ourselves. There was a question of quality differences...but always like the response from Crossroads service (Randy of course) when we had questions.

Still would like some other input on Sunset Trails...
barterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 05:07 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

The product line is changing. The Cruiser has been the flagship of CrossRoads for years now and has a dealerbase where the fifth wheels tend to sell in higher numbers. Expect the product to find a new life as a Cruiser CTX. Nothing wrong with a Sunset Trail FW, its just that the Sunset Trails show better volume as a travel trailer line.

Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:19 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I love my 5th it has been great, we had used it a lot in the last 6 months with no problems at all. Ready for it to cool down so we can use it some more. Which floorplan did you decide on.

30 DW

2003 F-250 4x4 Powerstroke C/C

2009 Sunset Trail SF27RE

https://i622.photobucket.com/albums/t...100_4742-1.jpg
Budlight592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:29 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to csham
Having just returned from the Factory Rally a week ago, I can shed a little more light on the Sunset Trail line. As Brad said, the Sunset Trail line is moving to Cruiser CTX. They are taking the most popular floor plans and moving them up to the CTX. The Sunset Trail travel trailer line is moving to a more lightweight model. It is also moving from the full 3 foot slide to a 1 foot slide. They are doing this to try to get market share in the lightweight category. They did not say anything about the Sunset 5th wheel line and, not being in the market, I didn't think to ask about it.

Samantha (8/97), Tara (6/03), Erica (1/07)

2008 Dodge Ram 1500

2007 Sunset Trail ST30BH

https://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...H-campsite.jpg
csham is offline   Reply With Quote