Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2015, 08:27 PM   #21
Full Time Camper

Can't speak to the new ones, but my 07 Cruiser is the best camper I've owned yet. I started out with an 05 Coachmen, then to a 10 Flagstaff, then to an 11 Blue Ridge fiver, and now backward to the 07 Cruiser. Crossroads has the best overall build quality of any of them, in my opinion. I go camping, and put it back in the garage. Hope yours serves you as well.

BTW, consider the extended warranty. Great peace of mind. (Don't be afraid to haggle on the price of it.) And, like others have said, do your time on the PDI. Don't allow them to try to rush you through it. You'll come nearer getting your problems fixed then and there than if you take delivery of it with problems.

Finally, don't sweat the small stuff. These aren't custom built homes. There will be some cosmetic stuff, fit and finish issues, and so forth. Make a list through the season, and if it isn't a major problem like a leak, bring it in at the end of camping season to have your laundry list addressed at one time.

Happy Camping!
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:42 AM   #22
Full Time Camper

Just to add to all great advice and comments,

Keep in mind your looking at a trailer that was built from the ground up on the concept of being as light as possible. Some of the components are lighter, and essentially, cheaper quality than components you'd find on a 12,000 pound trailer. With that said you have to be willing to deal with do-dads and pieces parts breaking from time to time. A good example are the water faucets. They are all plastic and feel "cheap", but thats to keep the weight and costs down. I've accepted that is the trade-off for us to have a 34 foot trailer with two slides that sleeps 10 people and having a dry weight of 6,200 pounds. Unheard of in the market before they made these ST's

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:56 AM   #23
Full Time Camper

Don't be too sure Mark - mine is 6858# empty and has the same cheap components as a light weight -
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:33 PM   #24
Full Time Camper

Short and sweet. I have an ST32BH and I love it. I should have bought a 28 because it would fit in more campgrounds but other than that I love my TT.

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:39 PM   #25
Weekend Camper

Never a Camping World customer again

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmerz View Post

We have an agreement at Camping World in Akron on a 2016 Crossroads ST270BH. We feel like we got a good deal and really liked the lay out and appearance as well as the "classy" feel we got from this model.

We were also looking at th KZ show stopper 280BHSS which is a VERY similar model and layout.

We could have gotten the KZ (at a different dealer) for about $3000 less, but there were a few drawbacks and things that I WANTED that the KZ didn't have and the CR's did.

I wanted the leather looking interior. I wanted a seperate outside door from the bathroom. I wanted outdoor speakers and a Black tank flush as well as a power toungue jack, power stabilizer jacks. I wanted an outdoor shower. I also really liked the couch/bed in the CR compared to the KZ. As well as the Queen Bed in the front beedroom.

So friend's of ours went ahead and made the leap before us and bought the KZ. We continued our search and landed at the CR. We are scheduled to sign and pick up on June 15th...

My concerns and reservations:

* 2yr warranty vs 1yr warranty.
* the extra money for some of the "comforts/luxury" are they worth it?
* I've been reading a LOT of negative things about Crossroads (naturally AFTER I am just about to be a new owner!!!)

I guess I am looking for HAPPY Crossroads CAMPERS!

Sorry if I sound like a needy new camper (I am a NEW camper)

Thanks, Jim
We purchased a 2014 Crossroad Rezerve 26RB TT fro CW of Akron. We love our Crossroads RV with only minor issues with the trailer..... BUT we will NEVER purchase a trailer from Camping World again because it has been impossible is get them to do warranty work. I ended up picking up the parts in the fall of 2014 and doing the work myself. We also called in late May 2015 about our air conditioner not working, and both the Akron and Rossford Ohio stores told us the first appointments available to fix it was in July!!! I hope your Camping World experience turns out better than ours! We are getting the A/C fixed with the extended warranty we purchased from CW at Young's RV in Fremont.
Gary Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:37 PM   #26
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewbldavis View Post
Don't be too sure Mark - mine is 6858# empty and has the same cheap components as a light weight -

For a sided 30+ foot trailer, 6,900# is considered light.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:48 PM   #27
New Camper

Like you, I loved some of the features of the ST. I also thing you can't beat the look of it on the inside and out. I purchased a 300BH at the end of April last year, and I have had nothing but trouble. Most of the things have been minor, but I have had my trailer back to the dealer 6 times already. I continue to have issues with my trailer, but Crossroads is now refusing to do anything about it since it is a month out of warranty. I previously owned a Jayco for 10 years and had 2 minor issues with it the whole time I owned it. Prior to buying my ST, I looked on this forum. I was a little skeptical, but I purchased it anyway. Now I am regretting it very much. I can't wait to go back to a Jayco, because the quality of the ST is terrible. I also am disappointed that Crossroads will not stand behind there product past the warranty. I think that says a lot about the quality.

Hope this was helpful.
EZSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 04:26 AM   #28
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
Short and sweet. I have an ST32BH and I love it. I should have bought a 28 because it would fit in more campgrounds but other than that I love my TT.

Bert, I could only wish I had bought a 32BH, That trailer has the best layout! True state campgrounds are kinda tight but the room in there is awesome.

Old 06-16-2015, 11:28 AM   #29
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMark View Post
Bert, I could only wish I had bought a 32BH, That trailer has the best layout! True state campgrounds are kinda tight but the room in there is awesome.
We love our 32BH but Bert is right, it has it's limitations on where it will fit! But on the flip side, we love all the room it has.

And Jimmerz - Our biggest complaint is the dark brown front cap has faded badly. Otherwise there have been a few issues that were not serious or hard to get fixed.

Go with the floor plan you like and what you feel comfortable towing.

From tent camping to 2013 - Sunset Trail Reserve 32 Bunk House
Crobyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 01:37 PM   #30
New Camper

We have a 32BH and love everything about it. My wife and I had thought at one point after we upgraded the truck that we might look at moving to a fifth wheel, but then decided why move up to another when the one we have offers everything that we want and have. We have had only a couple of minor issues so far, so I can say that we have been very pleased with our trailer and look forward to many more years in it.
JerryandAudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:59 PM   #31
Family Vacation Member

Thanks for all the good advice!

We made our first trip last weekend. Overall everything went well. I am VERY inexperienced but learning quickly, lol.

Had some help getting all set up and leved at the campground which was a blessing! We are going back out this weekend to another close campground. Hopefully we start to fill in the gaps that we missed on the first trip.

I did have the pleasure of trying to get all disconnected and hitched up to leave during a torrential downpour...HAPPY FATHER's DAY to me, lol.

I also had 1 minor leak between the awning and the camper to the left of my door. And 2 vents were not blowing air (front 2 vents by TV and Bedroom). But luckily the camper is small enough that it still cooled down fine. Warranty items to be addressed at a later date.

I did realize how poorly a job my tech did on the PDI walkthrough... and the tech that installed my hitch. I had a heck of a time figuring out how to UNHITCH, and then Re-hitching wasn't easy either. I expected that to be a lot more smoothly than it was. Like I said, I am learning!

OH, how do I drain the fresh water tank? They filled it for me and I do not need it, that is just unnecessary weight.
jimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 11:16 PM   #32
Full Time Camper

Congratulations! We haven't heard from you here for a while! Glad to hear you got it, and have had the success you described. Hitching/unhitching is an art. Take it slow, and be methodical. Think of what you're doing every step along the way, and retrace your steps often. Downpours? Yes, all the time during hitching! LOL. I keep a rain poncho in my bay with all the hitching stuff. If I know I'm going to get wet, I make sure I have some dry clothes to change into just before we roll out. That is, after the hitching, the unhooking, the unstabilizing, the unchocking, etc, and the only thing holding the TT is the truck with my wife inside. Then I towel off, change clothes, lock the door and put the step up.
Drain the tank? Under the tank, i.e. in the vicinity of the water tank inlet, look underneath for a stubby tube coming straight down with a cap at the end. It looks like one of the pair of low point drains. Unscrew the cap (should only be hand tight) and the water will drain. If you're at home, a pre-positioned garden hose can sometimes be nestled up to catch the water and divert it.
Post a picture, either here, or in your profile or registry!
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:38 PM   #33
Weekend Camper

We've been out on two trips so far with ours and learning each time!

Definitely use the chocks on both sides. Saw a friend forget to do that and his trailer rolled back onto his stabilizer jacks and bent them up.

Did our first dump today, that went very well. Paid $10 at a local camp site.

Left a friend's property late last night at 9pm and it was a windy steep dirt road. Took about 10 minutes to get around the corner and inches from jack knifing. Had to put the truck into 4lo to back it up the hill a few times. Was not a good experience, but hopefully I can get better at getting around stuff like that. Wish I had a 23' some times! My biggest fear is jack knifing and hitting the trailer with the truck.

PokerMunkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:58 PM   #34
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post
We've been out on two trips so far with ours and learning each time!

Definitely use the chocks on both sides. Saw a friend forget to do that and his trailer rolled back onto his stabilizer jacks and bent them up.

Did our first dump today, that went very well. Paid $10 at a local camp site.

Left a friend's property late last night at 9pm and it was a windy steep dirt road. Took about 10 minutes to get around the corner and inches from jack knifing. Had to put the truck into 4lo to back it up the hill a few times. Was not a good experience, but hopefully I can get better at getting around stuff like that. Wish I had a 23' some times! My biggest fear is jack knifing and hitting the trailer with the truck.

I can not see me using my camper without having full hookups. I think I am more of a Glamper...lol

Who knows, maybe down the road I will get brave?

I do have a question in regards to the grey tank though. If you are camping somewhere that does not have sewage and your grey fills up, can you pull the valve and let some of the grey water out?
Old 06-23-2015, 09:05 PM   #35
Full Time Camper

Quote:
I can not see me using my camper without having full hookups. I think I am more of a Glamper...lol

I do have a question in regards to the grey tank though. If you are camping somewhere that does not have sewage and your grey fills up, can you pull the valve and let some of the grey water out?
It is illegal in most states to dump the sewage or grey water on the ground. What you can do, though, is buy one of those blue pull behind totes that you can dump your grey or sewer water into, then hook it over your ball hitch on your truck and pull it over to the dump station. Allows you to dump without having to move your RV. You can put it in the bed of the truck while you are traveling, or strap it to the ladder.

Here is a link to an example. (Moderators, I am not advertising. These are available at a number of places, this is just to show the poster what I'm talking about.)

http://www.amazon.com/Barker-30844-4...=rv+sewer+tote
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
Old 06-23-2015, 09:10 PM   #36
Family Vacation Member

Thanks Mike that is very helpful.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:15 PM   #37
Full Time Camper

You're welcome. I've had one of these for years. Comes in handy for an extended stay at a park without sewer hookups.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
Old 06-23-2015, 09:19 PM   #38
Full Time Camper

Quote:

You'll learn fast to use less gray drain. In the shower, rinse, turn the button on the nozzle off, and lather. Then rinse again. Repeat as needed. Coffee grounds go in a plastic bag. Unused black coffee from the pot can be flung in the bushes. No need to rinse everything so much. Stop water when brushing teeth. We all grew up with bad water habits. Having a gray tank will teach you how to be a bit miserly. Soon, you'll be able to go a two (or maybe even a three) day weekend on tanks alone, without hookups. BTW, if you HAD TO, you could, I suppose, use a 2 gal bucket to catch gray drain, and carry it in and dump it down the toilet, thus trading gray space for black. The worst we ever got was water backing up into the shower/tub. OK! That's it! It takes time. Enjoy!
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:34 PM   #39
Family Vacation Member

I am pretty sure we will be camping mostly with FULL hookups until we figure everything out.

I didn't think about the small 26gal grey tank, even though when comparing other TT's I did notice some were 40 or so in the same category as mine.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:30 AM   #40
Site Team

Quote:

Before you pull the handle and drop your stuff on the ground at the camp site, stop and ask yourself if you would like to camp in that site if you knew the guy before you had just done that same thing.

As an added note---this thread is starting to get pretty far off topic from the OP. Probably time to start a new thread.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote