Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2015, 07:44 PM   #1
New Camper

Thor brands commonality

I was just noticing the other day the Thor line has quite a few similarities with the "sister lines". I have a 2015 Sunset Trail Reserve 28BH and really like the floor plan.

After looking at all the different lines that Thor has, I was kinda surprised to see Cruiser, Dutchmen, and Keystone all have the same similar floorplans.

Now I'm wondering if I made a hasty decision, and should have checked these other brands for the same plan as my 28BH. This is like having to choose between a Pontiac 6000, Buick Century, Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera, or Chevrolet Celebrity. It's the same thing, just a different logo.

I'm curious if the warranties/flooring/R-values/build quality are the same?
mghurle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:00 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Mg
You make a good point....But even if you look at some Non Thor brands I think you will find a lot of similar floorplands...There is only so many configurations you can put in a limited space...

PS...I see this was your first post so welcome to the forum.
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:15 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

I know I was really considering the Keystone Passport. Very similar to the ST. Layout and interior was very close. Looked like the same entertainment center, etc. ST was all electric tongue and stabilizers and a little cheaper. That may have had more to do with dealer as they where at different dealers. I liked that dealer better and felt better about the whole process. Manager came out to talk to me directly VS the BS where the salesman leaves you hanging while "he" goes to try to talk to manager, etc. There where other small details but I cannot and will not tolerate being played with. My wallet and I will move on.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:53 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

When we were looking for our new 5th wheel we looked at several different brands not just the Thor brands. We had it nailed down to 2 styles of floor plans and found that every manufacture made a similar floor plan(s) to what we wanted. The three major differences we found was price, weight and standards/options. The quality was very similar across all manufactures in the price range we were looking at. The price per what you got for the standards versus options and weight is what weighed our decision to go with the Cruiser. There were several Forestriver products we liked but they were considerably heavier than the Cruiser and price was more when comparing what came as standard and what we wanted for options. Another selling point was color options. We looked at one manufacture that we really liked but they didn't offer any color options which was a deal breaker for us. When we asked about if there were color options we were told that what you see is what you get when it came to colors. I found that hard to believe so I check with the manufacture and they were right only one color.

Phil & Janine
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Short Bed 2500HD Cummins
2014 Cruiser 333RL
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:10 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Welcome aboard from another Tennessean.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:46 PM   #6
New Camper

Thanks for the replies to all.

I'm going to be content with what's already purchased. BUT... when I do decide to look around again, I'm going to be a better-informed purchaser, and armed with a whole lot more information. I won't just trust that the same floor plan is only available from one specific line.
mghurle is offline   Reply With Quote