Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2011, 01:56 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Seems like most people are able to take their fifth wheels back to the factory for repairs or the original dealer. I'm in Florida and looking at a new FW in Atlanta,Ga.

My question is what kind of luck have people had getting work done at Authorized places close to them. Simple repairs ie door falls off or faucet leaking probably no problem. What concerns me is things major like frame problems or the like, its hard to argue with a dealer you didn't buy your FW from and tell them they should stand behind their product. Driving back to the original dealer or factory is too far.

shoe2728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:21 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

You can use the authorized repair facility search feature on the crossroads web site and see if there is an authorized repair facility in your area. I have an authorized repair facility 30 miles from me that is not a crossroads dealer. That is where I take my unit for annual inspection, etc.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:36 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemac377
You can use the authorized repair facility search feature on the crossroads web site and see if there is an authorized repair facility in your area. I have an authorized repair facility 30 miles from me that is not a crossroads dealer. That is where I take my unit for annual inspection, etc.

X2 I'm not aware of any comparable brands that make it so ez to find factory authorized facilities.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:35 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

We bought the Cruiser from an Ohio Internet dealer but have had no issues getting warranty service in Texas. It seems to us that most Crossroads dealers are willing to do the warranty work.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:58 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Dont have a FW but we have had warranty work done on our TT. We had it done at the dealership and had no problems whatsoever (other than it taking a little longer than promised and having to wait for a few parts to come in). By the way it was a camping world that we got the work done and it was the same dealership we bought it from.Edited by: anaro

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:53 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

I am still waiting for my warranty work to be completed by selling dealer. It has been in their shop for 9 weeks now. I know it will never be going back there for work...will either be another dealer or back to crossroads factory!!

elizajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

We have our 5th wheel in at a approved service center right now getting warranty repairs. Seems like all is going to work out. The time consuming part is waiting for approval of warranty repairs from Crossroads. Seems to take a couple of days to get approval and information from Crossroads to the service center. I will re post if I have problems. I doubt there will be any though. CR seems to be good at honoring warranty issues.

2012 Crossroads Cruiser 31QB

B&W Companion Hitch

martinstwopopfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #8
Seasonal Camper

I need to take my unit in for some minor warranty work... had bad luck with my dealer once this year. Used the service center locator on the CR website, it suggested another place (a keystone dealer if I recall correctly). Called them; told them what I needed done and the lady said she would contact CR to have it authorized. Called her back in a week she was still waiting for a response from CR. Called CR myself. I spoke to a lady in the warranty department and explained to her the situation... she suggested to get a written estimate from this service center, told me to send it to her (fax??) and she would authorize it, to go ahead and get the work done, PAY for it, send CR the bill and wait for a cheque in the mail.

Does this sound right? Should I just wait for the factory rally next year and book in with randy?
'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Don't think I would pay for it. Crossroads, from what I have read on the forum, normally pays the dealer once the work is authorized and completed. Call Randy Mischler at Crossroads.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:07 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

"Call Randy Mischler at Crossroads." ... or Tracy @ customerservice, Bought mine in New Jersey and am fromS. Carolina, didn't leave anything inNJ so don't need to go back, wouldn't want to. Havehad all work done at Cmpng Wrld inMyrtle Beach, just gotta get authorization, doesn'tneedto be dealer, as far as Ican tell. Just sayin'.
Travel Safe

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:37 AM   #11
Seasonal Camper

the repair center has been waiting over one week for CR to call them back to authorize the repairs. I called CR 2 days ago, pushed all the buttons to get to warranty dept, and (can't recall the ladies name-- didn't sound overly friendly), but she was the one that told me what I said above. It doesn't make sense to me, the repair center and CR should work something out. I get my truck serviced at the local dodge dealership, but bought from another one... I don't have to call chrysler for authorization.
Its getting late in the year, I will be winterizing and storing in about 3 weeks ( 2 weekends of camping left), If things don't seem to get going soon I'm just going to hold off and bring it in to randy at the factory next year while at the rally.
thanks guys!

Old 09-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #12
Seasonal Camper

Heres an update
I heard back from the 'authorized repair center' today. This is what she said: "CR has authorized us to do the repairs, but we won't do them under warranty. You need to pay us then get CR to pay you back. And most of the items you want fixed are only covered under a 90 day warranty."
So I politely said thanks but no thanks. I think I will try to get a hold of randy tomorrow.

How can they be an 'authorized repair center' if they refuse to do it and take a week to get authorization????

Old 09-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #13
Full Time Camper

Can you please elaborate on the what you would like fixed? I don't understand how if your unit is under warranty what would be 90days? I could possibly see light bulbs and brakes. But everything would seem to me a full 2 year warranty.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:53 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

I think that's an indirect way of saying. "We'll fix it but CR won't pay what we want so you can pay us and then fight with CR" I believe I would find another dealer. Mine even offered to replace a couple of bulbs that went out.

Maybe CR needs to revise their "warranty center" list and get rid of the ones that don't do warranty work.
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #15
Seasonal Camper

the nuts holding down the toilet seat must have vibrated off and down in the back of the toilet (its hollow). I had one of those plastic 'stays' replaced on a overhead cupboard door last time, they re-mounted the door crooked and the screws in the hinge pulled out (I can fix that but theres going to be screw holes that need to be taped over), the silicone that holds in the glass panel in one of the cupboard doors is peeling off, one of the window crank mechanisms has come apart. Theres a plastic guide that keeps the wires under the slide nice and tidy, it broke and the wires are hanging. The screen is coming off the door at one corner. Finally, the black tank valve doesn't close 100%. no solids are passing thru it, but every time I remove the cap I get a little surpise.
According to this 'authorized repair center', all of the above with the exception of the valve, the plastic wire guide and window crank are only covered under a 90 day warranty.
I am supposed to pay and Crossroads will re-imburse me.
My dealer and this 'authorized repair center' are about 60-70 miles away, according to the CR website the next closest 'authorized repair center' is 100 miles away.

Most of those items I don't mind waiting till next years factory rally, when I can bring it in to the factory but I shouldn't have to. I wouldn't mind getting the black tank valve looked at now though....

Old 09-21-2011, 12:19 PM   #16
Full Time Camper

Sounds like your getting the run around and the dealer doesn't want to support you. Reaching out to CR is probably the first step in having them provide you with what each warranty covers. IMHO the 90 days stuff is B.S. For your sake of mind share the dealer name on this forum so we and prospective owners are aware and move on.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #17
Seasonal Camper

I purchased it from Layzee acres RV and trailer park in Sebright and the authorized dealer is HB Cycle in Lindsay.
When I did bring my unit back to Layzee acres this year it was in for 8 days for about 2-3 hrs worth of repairs, I had left stuff in the fridge and by day 3 I asked them to to fill the empty lp tank because I didn't know how much was in the other, they offered to plug it in for me. It didn't get plugged in, the battery died and all the food spoiled in the fridge. The owner was sympathetic. He reimbursed my for the bad food and then some to cover the time it took to clean the fridge. They didn't do somethings that I had requested so he and one employee stayed late to do them while we waited... he tried to make things right but that was afterwards...