Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2015, 08:22 PM   #1
New Camper

Water damage/ wall seam doesnt line u.p HELP!!

Im looking at buying an very clean 2011 crossroads patriot but it has the following issues. My question is..... Is the seams not lining up on the wall a big deal ( couple people told me it may have came out of the factory like that). If not what would cause that? Second. The water damage.. is it really bad? Since its a gorrila cage with no wood in there to rot is it that big of a deal. Third. What will it take to fix it and what are some of the worst and best case senerois? The sooner someone can answer the better!! Thanks everyone in advance! Attached are pictures. Just copy and paste the link. Also feel free to email me. THANKS!

-Jon

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/...pscqeegy5s.jpg

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/...psra95shwm.jpg

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/...psggepa6xb.jpg

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/...pscqeegy5s.jpg
Jonlang04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:32 PM   #2
Site Team

There is wood in the walls, its luan wood and it is under the outside walls and the interior walls are composed of a wall board. Both can rot and grow mold. I'd be very leery of this Rv. Could be very expensive to fix AFTER the leak is found and sealed.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:38 PM   #3
New Camper

Thank you Mark. Did you get to see the pictures? Also did you get to see the wall not lining up at the seam? Im getting a fair deal on this camper and was going to ask him to compensate for the damages. You have any idea on cost. Worst/best case?
Old 06-30-2015, 09:20 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

I have a seam like that. The seams are suppose to be on top of the alum stud but are off a bit. When they shoot the nails in to hold the wall board, they missed the stud so the seam pops out. Been like that since day one and has not gotten worse. As far as the leak, Mark is right. Could be a hard and expensive fix and you don't know how long it has been leaking.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:35 PM   #5
New Camper

Are there any certican indicators I can look for to see how bad the damage is?
Old 06-30-2015, 09:54 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlang04 View Post
Are there any certican indicators I can look for to see how bad the damage is?
With your foot, press along the floor where it meets the wall and feel for and soft or "spongy areas". Press on the walls, paying particular attention inside cabinets, around windows, doors, and seams. Press on ceiling around all vents, A/C, and where the ceiling meets the wall. Check inside any outside storage for signs of water intrusion. And "follow your nose" - if there is a wet, musty, mildew (wet mop) smell, beware!

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Bill
2015 Zinger 27RL (TT #5)
Ford F350 FX4
My toy = 2004 Corvette Coupe
AmericalVette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damage, newbie, water damage