Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
Full Time Camper

Well, we went to a local RV show today and hada ball looking inside all the new TT's and 5ers. Even looked in a few Class C's. We came home still loving our Zinger! We saw a few floorplans that we really liked, a few finishes that were nicer than ours but nothing that screamed, trade in our baby for a new one. It felt good walking away knowing we had a good quality TT that suits our needs just fine and nothing made us so jealous as to change that.

edited to add: we went after dropping our zinger off at Camping Worldin Colfax NCto get some service and a couple of small warranty things taken care of. I just have to give Brandon the service writer a good compliment. He took some time to show us a few things we were missing on routine maintenance that will extend the life of our trailer (ie proper care of the slide seals). He didn't have to do that. Thank you Brandon..Edited by: anaro

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

We have been going to the Tampa and Ocala shows for 3 years and still haven't traded yet lol.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:55 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

;ing to the Denver RV Show on Wednesday. Not looking to replace our ST30BH but to get the juices flowing. Maybe after, I can convince Joyce to head out of the snow earlier than mid-March.

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:00 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

How about some pics???

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:44 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamar
How about some pics???

Sorry I didnt think to snap any. The Zinger Z1 was there though and it was neat to peak inside it. There is another show in Raleigh in Marchthat we are going to. I will try to remember to take some then.

edited to correct the show date.

Edited by: anaro

2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

Old 01-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

That should be a good feeling to go look at new rigs and walk away happy with what you already have.

cruzr4-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

...I'm happy with what I don't have...a payment.

But I'll still attend the Seattleshow next month, just for for a look around....

2005 CF29RE 04 Ford F250 crew 6.0 P/stroke FX-4.

(pic coming soon!)
shoetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Went to Tampa show saw some great campers. Not one said You need me. One came close the Redewood with slide in slide. The new Blackwood didn't do a thing for me. They went to cheap inside.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:05 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

anaro:

We went to the same show in Raleigh. We did see a Kodiak TT (at the far end of the room) that we really loved. It had a really cool island in the kitchen and a nice quad bunk room with dinette for the kids. I would consider trading our Zinger 32QB for that one but the $30K price tag reminded me why we love our Zinger so much!!

We also have our Zinger at Colfax getting some repairs. Unfortunately, it has been a month and a half and they are still waiting for Crossroads to approve the repair. Brandon is keeping us updated but we are getting a bit frustrated with Crossroads.

packman35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:57 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Packman- We actually went to the greensboro show. We bought our new TV the weekend of the Raleigh show so we didn't make it to that one. I did really want to go but DH reminded me how much we just spent on sat w/ the new TV and said we are not paying to go to a show when we have what we want (ie no more temptation). I was tempted to go without him

I have come to the conclusion that Brandon is the problem. We have been dealing with him as well. Our TT has been there since january 7 for some very simple repairs. It was there for 2 weeks before they even looked at it... I know this because I have begun calling him at least 1x week for an update. They have been waiting on parts for 2 weeks now. He keeps saying they should be in any day. He expects ours to be ready by the end of next week. I don't have high hopes. If it isn't, I will be calling Randy Mischler. One of the reasons I need the trailer back is because we bought a new to us TV. It is used so we have the 30 day warranty, I want to see how it handles the towing before that is up (you know watch for overheating etc). He told us to come get it and try towing but that is an hour and a half ride for us, we don't want to come if the TT isn't ready. I do have to say that Brandon is getting better at returning my calls but initially I would have to call 2 or 3 times to get a response and I always "just missed him" or he was "just getting the infor I needed". When I would call more than once, it was never on the same day, it was always at least 24hrs later. I hate being a nuissance but it seems that is the only way to get things done there. They had our TT for a long time last year, told us it would be ready, we drove up and it wasn't, this was the day of the tornados so it worked out we weren't towing it home but a huge waste of gas for us. It was ready 2 weeks later. Anyways, good luck with your zinger. I hope you get it back soon.

2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

Old 02-05-2012, 05:55 AM   #11
Family Vacation Member

cw of sa,kept our 5er almost 3 months and when asked if ready they said yes,turns out now another part is on order and we will have to go back,about 4 hr dr,,my dw and i believe that all the dealers now believe if they keep them long enough we'll be so happy to get are units back, that we will accept anything

2011 cf285rl patriot cruiser

07 dodge cummings
joescuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #12
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to timscruiser
Say Gossamar I see you have changed over to a detachable cord on your rigg ! I'm thinking of doing the same thing to my new rigg because the Open Range Roaner we got rid of had that and I really like that type . So how about some help on how and what you used please . Tim

PS I see not to many use there real name's on the forum! Why ? I was on the CB for years and know because of the FCC .everyone used a skip handle .

THE CONROYS MINI MOTEL ]]

<br /
timscruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #13
Family Vacation Member

went to our rv show Sat. did see a Cruiser the first one. Seen the Redwood's nice but not for the money. We didn't see anything that we would trade for that is better than our floorplan.

2012 Cruiser CF335SS
cruzinfools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

Heard back today, my TT is ready. We will be going to get it this week.

2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

Old 02-06-2012, 12:48 PM   #15
Weekend Camper

I'm going to the Houston RV show this week, but it would have to be something totally WOW for me trade in my 32BL in for anything !
I just enjoy seeing the new stuff.

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,2x4,QC

2011 Cruiser CF32BL

2004 SeaDoo GTX SC
wenzdong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #16
Full Time Camper

Tim...I bought the kit at Camping world. After ripping out the guts of the old cord holding area, I constructed a plywood panel to mount the male end of the plug. I recessed this plug so that you can close the door with the cord attached. I reinforced the plywood with 2x4's front and back of the plywood and caulked everything to make it weather and insect tight. Just remember to also disconnect your battery as well when making all of the connections...I almost forgot. Good luck....

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:59 AM   #17
Full Time Camper

packman- make sure you check your unit carefully when you pick it up... we picked ours up today and when we were hooking it up, we noticed ours had been damaged on the lot. It is a small ding but enough that it needs to be repaired. We went in and told brandon and he responded right away. He didn't try to deny any responsibility but instead gave us some choices. We picked the trailer up late in the day so the service people were gone and there was no-one there to fix it for us before we left. We had the option to leave it for them to fix or accept a $100 gift card and fix it ourselves. The damage is really minor and will only need one bang w a rubber mallet and some caulk to fix (on front passenger corner the stripping is pulled away). He showed us exactly what to do and how to do it. Very simple repair so we opted for the gift card and were on our way. I have to say, he handled it very well.We weren't happy but were ok because hehandled it right.Let me know what happens with your trailer.

2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

Old 02-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #18
Weekend Camper

anaro,

That sux about your camper. I had intended to look it over carefully but I definitely will now. I am also worried about some of our stuff having lost its way during the visit. I took out the TV, etc. but you never know what someone might think would look better at their house than yours if you know what I mean!!

Brandon keeps giving me the runaround right now. Promises to call with an update and then no call. When I call back, he has no additional information than what he did three days earlier. They have had our trailer six weeks and have not even started the repair which itself is going to take some time. I'm getting a bit irritated to say the least. I'm giving them until Friday to have started work and then I'm calling Crossroads and issuing a complaint.
packman35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:09 AM   #19
Full Time Camper

I've never had a problem with things growing legs and walking from the TT while we are there (yet). As to the runaround. I think you have been more than patient. I would call Randy Mischler sooner rather than later. Do a search and you will find his # on the boards here. He has supposedly been very helpful to others w/ dealer problems in the past. A forum search will also show you a delay in getting warranty coverage is usually dealer related and not crossroads related. Good luck.

2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

Old 02-17-2012, 05:53 AM   #20
Weekend Camper

We went to the Houston show last weekend and loved seeing the new Cruisers�.and the very impressive Rushmore’s. We will be trading up in a few years so we want to stay connected.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />

Although we really liked all the bells and whistles, we are still very happy with our Cruiser and will have no problems taking our time looking for the next one.

PS�we have a bunk model, and the twins are still around for a couple more years so certainly no new camper until it’s just Leen and me.

Let's go camping!!!

Terry, Eileen and the twins.
2006 CrossRoads Cruiser - CF29BT
2005 Ford PSD Crew Cab SD
Houston, Texas
tcamper is offline   Reply With Quote