Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2010, 02:50 AM   #1
New Camper

Does anyone know of a RV wholesaler that has the Seville line available?

RVDirect doesn't carry the Crossroads Line.

RVWholesalers only carries the Cruiser, Crusier Patriot, and Cruiser CTX Lines from what I see.

RV Capital Wholesalers doesn't carry the Crossroads Line.

Appreciate any responses
clvickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:45 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Why does it have to be a "wholesaler"?

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #3
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by salda01
Why does it have to be a "wholesaler"?
Looking for the best price available. Friends of mine did the same thing with RV Direct on their Jayco and have been happy. Was looking to see if something similar was available for the Seville line of 5er's.
clvickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:24 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

In today's economy, most everything is negotiable. Take pricing for comparable units from another brand and do your homework. If you can get "pre-financed" do it for the amount you want to spend.

Dealerships don't like watching money walk off the lot. If you walk in with a "letter of credit" then they will view you as being serious. And then stick to your guns and leave if they don't want to do the deal. You would be amazed at what happens when money gets up from the table and starts to walk out the door.

I have had salesmen chase me down as I was driving off the lot yelling "we will meet the price". Seriously. I bought a car that way. I had a newspaper ad of another car that I wanted to go look at and I simply showed them, told them it was nothing personnal, just wanted to look at the other one.

From what wejust bought our new 2010Cruiser for, 1/3 off MSRP would be a good price point.

Additionally, look for units that have been sitting on the lot for over 6 months. Dealers have to borrow money to get the units on the lot. They start paying interest on that money. After around 6 months (this is what I read on an expose site) they start paying a penalty on that money, as well asstill paying the interest. So they get on a money / penalty / profit line graph where eventually the unitwill cost them more than what they can make on it.

2004.5 Chevy Duramax crew cab 4x4
2010 Crossroads Cruiser 30QBX
1991 K2500 4x4 being restored
drcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:59 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

not sure about the "penalty" part..

Dealers get a "Free Floor Plan" But after "x" amount of days, we had to start paying interest on the unit cost..

We use to get a 90 day free floor plan on every unit and then had to pay interest on the unit cafter that, which did cut into our profit margin.. We always pushed those older units and where most happy to see the taillights heading down the road..

Edited by: Jimehc
Jimehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:24 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

there was a website that had an interview with a guy who purported to be an ex-owner of a rv dealership. they were telling about how to get a good deal on a rv. that is where that info came from. that is why i said "(this is what I read on an expose site)". I do know thatlocally at a couple places, anything sitting on the lot more than6 mos starts dropping in price drastically.

even dogs are negotiable. I just purchased my wife a Shih-poo puppy. It started out at close to 700, then was marked down and down again. Once they are there a while and get over 3 mos of age, they get hard to move. The pup was marked down to 399 and I still didn't want to pay that, so I told them a figure to relay to the woman that owned it and we left. They must have called her, as they chased us to our car telling us that she accepted the offer.

Around Akron Ohio, the RV dealerships that haven't gone out of business are sitting with their lots absolutely full of units that aren't selling.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

IMO - RVWholesalers / RVDirect aren't true wholesalers. Wholersalers by definition sell to resellers and jobbers. I guess at some point we're all resellars of the Rv's that we currently own. But, that's not the reseller in this case. I feel these companies (wholesalers) bastardize the "wholesaler" name to gain attention and possible sales. If it works for them great. In my experience "dealers" have come close to "wholesalers" pricing, with the additional benefit of quicker service, discounts on supplies, free tickets to local RV shows, discounted parts, etc. All without a long drive in my case.

I haven't shopped for a unit in sometime, but I would think you should be able to see between 28-35% off list, being the Seville is a higher end unit, 33-35% shouldn't be unreasonable.

Good luck and have fun

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:18 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

I am looking at a KZ Escalade or a Carriage unit, I have e-mailed dealers with what I want and I have had some good response, if you go to the website of the company you want to buy from they all have dealer locators, there is really no need to even go to a dealership, you can negociate right on the net, I bought my wife's car on the net, never went to the dealer till the day it came in, when you go to the dealer your in his territory, over the net it's a simle business deal.....works for me

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:21 AM   #9
Seasonal Camper

drcook is right, I just came thru Akron 2 weeks ago and the lots you see right off the interstate are full, I was in Frankenmuth Michigan last week and stopped at General RV, they are full of units, but very, very few higher end stuff.....problem is getting rid of what you have

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:46 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcook

there was a website that had an interview with a guy who purported to be an ex-owner of a rv dealership. they were telling about how to get a good deal on a rv. that is where that info came from. that is why i said "(this is what I read on an expose site)". I do know thatlocally at a couple places, anything sitting on the lot more than6 mos starts dropping in price drastically.

even dogs are negotiable. I just purchased my wife a Shih-poo puppy. It started out at close to 700, then was marked down and down again. Once they are there a while and get over 3 mos of age, they get hard to move. The pup was marked down to 399 and I still didn't want to pay that, so I told them a figure to relay to the woman that owned it and we left. They must have called her, as they chased us to our car telling us that she accepted the offer.

Around Akron Ohio, the RV dealerships that haven't gone out of business are sitting with their lots absolutely full of units that aren't selling.

So you got 50% off a sh*tty-poo dog Is that a good deal?

CF33LF PROVINCIAL EDITION
SWAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:54 PM   #11
Family Vacation Member

it made my wife happy, so I guess it was an extremely good deal. and it turns out that his bestest bud is one of my dobermans.

it is funny to see a 110 lb dobie rolling on his back with his feet straight up in the air playing with the puppy.

the point is, while a dog is a dog and a travel trailer is a travel trailer, in today's economy, (in the U.S.) everything is negotiable if you approach it the right way and watch for the deals. timing is everything. we boughtour diesel at the time the dealership needed to make a sale, plus there were some incentives. they knocked 10 bills off sticker. we have been able to acquire a nice rigthat we would not otherwise have been able to afford without working deals in our favor (truck and trailer)

I have learned that it is best to learn when to get up from the table and walk away and if the offer if reasonable, most times they will take it.

I offered thelady 300.00 cash for the dog, so she took less than 50% than what they sell for around here. the dog simply had been on the lot too long and the lady need to gether investmentout of the unit toinvest in some new stock.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:59 AM   #12
Family Vacation Member

I had my tongue firmly in my cheek when I posted that. I am a big time dog lover andI am glad that you took a chance on an older pup and even happier that he turned out so well

Old 11-03-2010, 03:47 PM   #13
Family Vacation Member

my "bodyguards" are a cross between a doberman pinscher and a rhodesian ridgeback. Blake weighs 110 and Otto 100. They are brothers. They came from a rescue group. Some city folk's dogs got mixed up and they didn't want to deal with the pups so they dropped them off with the rescue group. They were 3 months old when we got them. We had 3 cats that we took in from the rescue groups so that they didn't have to be put to sleep. I also have a beagle that is the sweetest "girl" dog you can imagine. Beagles are nothing but gentle. I also have 2 old horses that aren't good for much anymore but recycling hay, but they carried me too many miles to send to the meat factory.

Thank you for clarifying your post. I was afraid it was going downhill. The problem with internet communication is that you cannot read a person's face to see if they are being serious or in jest. Eah ?

dave

Old 11-12-2010, 06:04 AM   #14
Family Vacation Member

Sounds like you have the start of a petting zoo going. All of the pets that my wife and I have had over the years have been rescues. I don't know for sure but the affection and attentive attitudes that they showed to us was almost like a thank you. Wailting for our son to get a little older before we adoped a new furry child can't wait.

Take care!