Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2016, 07:10 PM   #1
New Camper

Would appreciate reviews of...

We are considering buying a 2015 Sunset Trail 33BD. Anyone have any comments, suggestions, or advice?
SusanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 01:54 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Is this your first trailer, or is it a replacement? What are you planning to use as your tow vehicle?

We have a 33BD and absolutely love it. We have had several trailers before this one and we are pretty sure this will be the last one we buy for quite a while. Our last trailer was 28' long. We bought our 33BD online, sight unseen, and I honestly was not prepared for how much longer the 33BD actually is. From hitch to bumper it is 35'-8" and that extra 8' took a little more getting used to than I thought it would, but the trailer tows really, really well.

I am a little disappointed in the size of the fresh water tank. We do a lot of our camping at Corps of Engineers campgrounds that are electric only, it seems odd to me that they would install two, 40 gallon grey water tanks, a 40 gallon black tank, and then only provide 40 gallons of fresh water. I just bought a 65 gallon plastic water tank and 12 volt pump I am going to put in the bed of the truck so I can refill the fresh tank when I need to.

Overall quality for our unit is pretty good in our eyes. We don't have real high expectations of the RV industry in general because we have had so many issues with other brands in the past. So far, we have only had a few minor warranty items, most of which have been appliance related and not due to anything Crossroads did.

We would definitely recommend the Sunset Trail to any of our friends or family.