CrossRoads RV Family Forum

CrossRoads RV Family Forum (http://www.crossroadsowners.com/forums/)
-   Towing and Hitching (http://www.crossroadsowners.com/forums/f44/)
-   -   Update on Stableloads (http://www.crossroadsowners.com/forums/f44/update-on-stableloads-12847.html)

Lloyd 04-20-2017 09:25 AM

Update on Stableloads
 
Today, 08:58 AM
#17 OhioMark
Full Time Camper

http://www.crossroadsowners.com/atta...tar4094_19.gif

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: United states of america
Posts: 1,216


Update on Stableloads
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWildWest http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...s/viewpost.gif
As an aside, if you do need to increase your rear spring height AKA stiffen it up for towing - go with something like the StableLoads before the airbags. I love my airbags and wireless controller ($1,000) but I haul different weights at different times and like the on the fly adjustability. The StableLoads will work better in your situation and are lower cost. ($185)

Truck Camper Suspension - truck sway - truck sag - reduce camper roll | StableLoad

Edited by: WildWildWest



Hi Wild Wild West,

I had a question as I am looking at adding the Torklift StableLoads to my F150 to help with handling/suspension in addition to my air bags. How do these interact with empty/full air bags? Do they compromise our compliment? They've nearly doubled in price the past couple years so it is quite an investment at $310
__________________
http://www.crossroadsowners.com/atta...gpic4094_2.gif
2011 Ford 150 Ecoboost SuperCrew
2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...er_offline.gif http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...tons/quote.gif

OhioMark 04-20-2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lloyd (Post 123334)
Today, 08:58 AM
#17 OhioMark
Full Time Camper

http://www.crossroadsowners.com/atta...tar4094_19.gif

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: United states of america
Posts: 1,216


Update on Stableloads
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWildWest http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...s/viewpost.gif
As an aside, if you do need to increase your rear spring height AKA stiffen it up for towing - go with something like the StableLoads before the airbags. I love my airbags and wireless controller ($1,000) but I haul different weights at different times and like the on the fly adjustability. The StableLoads will work better in your situation and are lower cost. ($185)

Truck Camper Suspension - truck sway - truck sag - reduce camper roll | StableLoad

Edited by: WildWildWest



Hi Wild Wild West,

I had a question as I am looking at adding the Torklift StableLoads to my F150 to help with handling/suspension in addition to my air bags. How do these interact with empty/full air bags? Do they compromise our compliment? They've nearly doubled in price the past couple years so it is quite an investment at $310
__________________
http://www.crossroadsowners.com/atta...gpic4094_2.gif
2011 Ford 150 Ecoboost SuperCrew
2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...er_offline.gif http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...tons/quote.gif


I need to clarify my ask:

I am running airlifts with remote compressor and adding antisways. Just saw other options out there including the StableLoads and Roadmaster Active Suspension.

I've already invested in the bags, but looking for better control including roll and wheel hop that still occurs with the bags.

This package was not cheap and I've been happy with the lift I get and soft ride emply. So, ultimately I need to compliment my bags

harley 04-20-2017 01:59 PM

You can also used hockey pucks between the springs and the overload spring. If they are too thick ,just cut them down.Lag bolt thru the overload and they work great. Or you can add timbrins. They are easy to put on too.

OhioMark 04-20-2017 02:52 PM

What's a hockey puck. I'm in NE Ohio[emoji846]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OhioMark 04-20-2017 02:53 PM

Cool concept. Cheaper than the stops they sell online "customized" for my truck.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodwalker 04-20-2017 06:29 PM

In the old days we would use hockey pucks for a 2 or 4" body lift on our 4x4s

harley 04-20-2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhioMark (Post 123344)
What's a hockey puck. I'm in NE Ohio[emoji846]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey , you have more NHL teams in the US than we have here in Canada...lol

OhioMark 04-21-2017 08:04 AM

I'm outside of Cleveland. I actually live 10 minute from Lebron James house :)We know Baseball, Basketball, and sometimes we have an NFL team.

WildWildWest 04-21-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhioMark (Post 123335)
I need to clarify my ask:

I am running airlifts with remote compressor and adding antisways. Just saw other options out there including the StableLoads and Roadmaster Active Suspension.

I've already invested in the bags, but looking for better control including roll and wheel hop that still occurs with the bags.

This package was not cheap and I've been happy with the lift I get and soft ride emply. So, ultimately I need to compliment my bags

I personally don't use the StableLoads, I only use airbags in my truck so unfortunately can't comment on whether they would help or hinder if used in addition to the air bags on an F150

farsidefan1 04-23-2017 02:00 PM

Are these stabilizer and airbags things that also apply to 5th wheels?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.