Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hey,

Anyone else here with a Z-1 ? If so what model do you have and have you had a chance to use it yet.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:35 AM   #2
New Camper

yes i have a 251bh just used it last weekend for first time.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:15 AM   #3
New Camper

Yes, we just bought the 271BH today. Looking forward to the first time out.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:46 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

JKIRK
Is it an in stock model or do you have to wait for delivery?

Old 03-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKIRK

Yes, we just bought the 271BH today.Â* Looking forward to the first time out.

Cool that is what I bought. I cannot wait to use mine. It is to cold here in Nova Scotia yet. I would say my first outing will be in late May or early June once it starts to warm up.

Can't wait to sit under the canopy with a cold beer strumming the guitar under the stars. Come on summer you can't get here fast enough.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Recently purchased the z-1 301bh. Cannot wait to use it in a month or so. Actually plan to set up at home this week to take advantage of unusually warm weather.

Want to get a good coat of wax on the finish while it is still really clean.

It's gonna be an awesome camping season !
Old 03-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #7
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsunset
JKIRK
Is it an in stock model or do you have to wait for delivery?

Yes, we were visiting our favorite dealer when we found it in their showroom.The Z-1 linemay not be top of the line, but we fell in love with the layout and size. We are upgrading from a Zinger RD19, so the walkaround bed and the bunks in the back will be a welcomed upgrade for us...not to mention the slideout and more room. Plus, still towable with a 1/2, so no vehicle upgrade is required at this time.

Later,

Jeff
Old 03-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #8
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokesj
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKIRK

Yes, we just bought the 271BH today. Looking forward to the first time out.

Cool that is what I bought. I cannot wait to use mine. It is to cold here in Nova Scotia yet. I would say my first outing will be in late May or early June once it starts to warm up.

Can't wait to sit under the canopy with a cold beer strumming the guitar under the stars. Come on summer you can't get here fast enough.

Agree, the fever is really setting in on us. We lease a space year round about 30 minutes from our house in Brookville, Indiana. When we are not on the road (which isn't much as we are both in our early 40's and still working)we are out there every weekend withour favorite beers, wine,and of course Makers Mark Bourbon... It opens up on April 15th, so I'm going a little nutty right now waiting. Boat is ready to go and now add the new 271BH...I'm having a hard time sleeping at night thinking about our summer this year.

Later,

Jeff
Old 03-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
New Camper

Hey all,

5 days ago we traded in our pop-up and bought a new 211RD. With the crazy weather we have been having....I should have taken a few days off and camping in Wisc.
Can't wait to get out on our first trip.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:46 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Picked up a 271BH two weeks ago and took it out for the first time last weekend and it was great! It is our first TT and I'm very happy so far.

Edited by: Chromag

2004 Nissan Armada with Blue Ox BXW1500

https://www.rv.net/SharedContent/cfb/...ture/z1sig.jpg
Old 04-19-2012, 09:40 AM   #11
jnp
New Camper

We are picking up our New ZT301BH Saturday! We decided to wait for the 2013 to come out.
Any advice on questions I should ask on the walk though?

2002 Chevrolet 2500HD Silverado
Old 05-10-2012, 11:41 PM   #12
New Camper

We just got back from our 1st trip using our new z-1 271bh. Gotta say the TT is awesome. Easy to pull, lots of room, storage space etc. Leaving again in one week for trip #2

Old 07-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #13
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarkj
Hey all,

5 days ago we traded in our pop-up and bought a new 211RD. With the crazy weather we have been having....I should have taken a few days off and camping in Wisc.
Can't wait to get out on our first trip.
It's been 4 months since your last post. So, what do you think of your new trailer?

I just discovered the Z-1 series today quite by accident.

We have a 2010 Zinger 19RD. (also a Crossroads brand) The floorplan is identical to the 211RD from the entry door back. Being a little shorter, the bed is wedged in the front corner. This looks like a worthy replacement, with the walk-around bed, as long as they still build them fairly well.

Anything?

2000 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 4X4
Old 07-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #14
New Camper

22 nights so far this season and all is well. The front storage area is misleadingly large. I never expected it to hold so much. The sofa is even more comfortable than I thought it would be. We have been to 5 different CGs so far (10-200 miles away) and ranging from just electric to full hookups. From the design to the quality, we are very happy with our Z-1.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:55 AM   #15
Weekend Camper

Good to hear cmarkj!

We are very happy as well. Just returned from a week in Florida with ours. Absolutely no issues and very comfortable.

This is the 7th camper I have owned and the 4th travel trailer. I would say it is the best we have ever had. I realize we have only had 6 trips in the Z-1, but we sure are pleased.

Safe camping all !
Old 09-24-2012, 01:26 PM   #16
New Camper

My Z-1 251BH will be delivered tomorrow. First TT and looking forward to our first trip mid October...Disney Camp Wilderness with the kids.

Any tips or common hookup type errors would be appreciated. It seems easy enough, but I'm sure something will come up.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #17
Weekend Camper

Congrats on the new Z-1. We took our Z-1 301BH to Fort Wilderness back in June. We had a great time and the camper was fabulous. Four kids for a week sounds long, but the time flew.

Can't say enough about the Z-1. We had absolutely no issues and we traveled 1100 miles to get there. Great, practical trailer at a very economical price.

Say Hi to Mickey for us and have a great time!
Old 09-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #18
Weekend Camper

Ohhhh so YOU are the reason why we can't get a site in the entire month of October! (kidding) All sites are full for the entire month
We're also in the Tampa area. We've been to the Wilderness Campground five times in the last four months or so. It is an absolutely terrific campground. Pay the extra few bucks and get the premium site if you can. It has a much larger paved area. It's awesome though - it has a great pool, but you can also use the boat transport to go over to the Wilderness Lodge pool if you want (it has a nice full bar). The boats will also take you to directly to Magic Kingdom or over to the Contemporary where you can board the monorail and get wherever you want.

One thing I would suggest is that you make sure you have a nice long drinking water hose and/or coax cable connection for TV. In most of the sites we've stayed in the water/tv/electric hookup is at the front of the site.

We have the 271BH and we backed pretty far into the site so we could park our tow vehicle (a Nissan Armada) in front of it. It's a pretty fair distance between the hookup pole and the back of the TT.

It's a great campground though. I'm sure you'll really enjoy it!

Old 09-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #19
Weekend Camper

Here is a pic from our outing there two weeks ago. This is one of their premium sites.

Edited by: Chromag

Old 10-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #20
Weekend Camper

Bought a 2013 ZT-291-RL back in Jun 2012. Been out in it several times. Currently it's at the dealer for some warranty work. Just cosmetic though. (Chair broken, paneling popped loose, door knob broken) mechanically every thing is fine. We love the trailer. Planning a two week trip to Florida in Nov. after that will try to winterize. First time for that. Hope it goes well.

Edited by: BourbonRam
14 2013
https://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/...ps59ad31d6.jpg
Closed Thread