Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2011, 12:01 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We're looking at a Sunset Trail 29SS. Theclosest dealer, National RV Detroit (Belleville, MI), is gigantic but seems only interested in moving a huge volume of RVs. I found out last night that they are owned by the same people that own Terrytown RV in Grand Rapids, MI.

Does anyone have experience with sales or service at National RV Detroit?
mbutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:17 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Never heard of National RV, but Terrytown is near me. My brother-in-law purchased a trailer from them a few years back. Uneven experience and trouble getting them to do warranty work. There are many other dealers locally with much better reputations. Are they still using the high power sales tactics?

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:07 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

National RV Detroit appears to have the sales pressure set to "high." I wouldn't mind using another dealer, but the 3 closest dealers are ALL owned by the same people. I drove nine hours to get my current RV and was hoping to find someone a bit closer.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:32 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Looks like Gillette's Interstate RV,7210 E Saginaw Street,EAST LANSING, MI</span>48823 and Tiara RV,</span>3260 Cassopolis Street,</span>ELKHART, IN 46514 and Hamilton's RV Outlet,</span>1580 Tittabawassee, Saginaw, MI 48604 are other options.</span></span>

High pressure sales tactics are despicable, especially for a high ticket luxury item like a travel trailer (yep, luxury because it isn't a necessity and high ticket because of the prices).</span>

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

Old 10-11-2011, 10:44 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I was disappointed to fnd out that Gillette's RV is also owned by the same people that own Terrytown and National RV Detroit. If I don't get a good feeling about National, I guess I will consider going out of state again.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #6
hhh
Seasonal Camper

Try Wana RV in Shipshewana, IN. Only about 3 hours away.
https://www.tgifrv.com/wp-c&#111;ntent/gal.../rigsigpic.jpg

'11 CF285RL Patriot - '08 GMC 3500HD D/A CC LB Dually - Yamaha Zuma 125

tgif: let's RV
hhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

When I was getting my 29SS this past August, they offered me the best price. However after carefully considering a lot of other variables (took an Excel spreadsheet to do it) I ended up buying elsewhere. Some of the factors that went into that decision was feedback about the seller; purchase pressure; how I was being treated via phone/email etc. etc. I also tried to take into consideration how I thought the dealership would respond after the sale. My gut told me that National wanted the sale, and wouldn't want to hear from me again afterward!

I ended up finding a place an hour or so closer to home that offered my a price that was very close (closer after some additional negotiation; and almost the same on the day of pick up due to some additional negotiation). They were great to deal with, and I got a pretty good PDI; a thorough cleaning; 2 of my kids were with me and were fine for the 6 hours I was there! I also received a coupon sheet for 19 free nights of camping in western PA (stay two nights, one of them is free) at 19 different campgrounds; 2 weeks of camping in Gettysburg &amp; NC (1/ea); and 1 week of free camping down by Disney, FL! They also happened to be running a "special" fuel card offer when I showed up so that's what brought my out the door pricing to almost the same as National. There's some fine print to the camping offers, but it was all provided up front. The staff were pleasant to deal with and while I haven't needed to take the unit back, I'm a whole lot more confident that they'll take better care of me than National. Clem's Trailer Sales in Ellwood City, PA.

Tiara was another that was on my shortlist, but Clem's rose to the top. You're in MI though and that could play a bigger role in your decision making.

Prev.: '05 GMC Yukon XL 2500 Quadrasteer
CenterLine HD (original)
1 wife, 5 kids, 1 rescue lab-mix
FezUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:40 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Fez,

Thanks for the reply. Where did you find feedback? I've tried this forum and RV.net, along with general Google searching. It's like these guys (National RV Detroit) don't exist.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:18 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

I think it was through a general Google search, but plenty of pages deep where I found some comments on another brand's forum that said they did get a great price (drove from a long way down South to get the deal!!), however the PDI was minimal and more of a Q&amp;A (they had inferred that they were experienced Rv'ers to the seller) and that they had determined to use the brand dealerships for any issues as the seller was a wholesaler not like a dealer. To them, so far, it was worth it as it saved them a few $k on the sale (FW) and as they were considerable distance they didn't care about follow up.

The fact that I had to dig so deep also did nothing to instill any confidence in them

Once I found a local dealer that was within $1k of Nationals quote on their first offer I decided to go with the local guy and negotiate to whatever I could, chalking the rest up to supporting a real dealership that would hopefully be there for me if/when I need them. Fortunately for me they came within 00's but then offered all of the camping deals which thus far has saved us almost $200, plus I've still got 2 weeks camping next year for free and a 1 week camping by Disney FL to look forward to! I also was looking for a new WD hitch and having it installed; they offered me a pretty reasonable deal that would have it taken care of while I was doing paperwork and the rest of the PDI. They even helped troubleshoot a brake controller issue on the way out for the test drive and provided some assistance in getting it set for the new trailer brakes.

I would say that if you don't care about post sale, are really comfortable with the great PDI documents available here and on the web, and are confident that you will be thorough in your checking everything and setting it up etc. then consider them. However if the price difference isn't all that great, use their quote and negotiate with an actual dealership that you can consider using after the sale. They may even match the $, but even if they don't it's probably worth that little extra knowing that they offer (hopefully) more of a hands-on sale, set up and seeing you leave safely, plus being there when you really need them approach.

This may seem like taking it too far but I built an Excel sheet that listed the 15 or so quotes I received and had weightings for things like +ve &amp; -ve feedback, distance, included options, financing, add-on warranty &amp; other extras pricing (they always will try to sell you stuff), willingness &amp; costs of installed options (I wanted air vent covers pre-installed in a color of my choice), cost of WD hitch &amp; install etc. I also asked what their typical PDI looked like and how long they anticipated it taking and made a note of that. Be sure to know whether you're getting full propane tanks and a battery with box etc. Were the black plastic container tubs under the dinette included? (I've seen some dealers charge extra or not have them present!). I put all this information into a table and created a point system!! My wife just shook her head and looked:
Prev.: '05 GMC Yukon XL 2500 Quadrasteer
CenterLine HD (original)
1 wife, 5 kids, 1 rescue lab-mix
FezUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:07 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Bought my 2009 Cruiser from Caswell RV in Ionia, MI. It was a little far from me, but later I wanted to get some warrenty work done, and National RV was closer, but didn't use them because they didn't seem to want the business. I was happy with the sales from Caswell RV, and would go back to them again. At the time I thought I got a good deal. They sold me the hitch as well, and we drove there in the morning, gave us a car to use for the day while they installed the hitch, and we picked our unit up that afternoon and headed home.

2008 GMC 2500HD Duramax

2009 Cruiser 30SK Patriot

jererp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:49 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

I just took my 2010 Cruiser there for some warranty work (despite havingpurchased out of state) and they gladly performed the workwith no issues. I was satisfied. So, they go on my list for consideration for the next purchase. Large inventory on site, and I think they own a couple of other dealerships in MI.
WoodedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:25 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the feedback. I did receive a phone call from the owner of National RV Detroit after she read my earlier posting offering to help iron out any misconceptions about their dealership. I've shelved the idea for the winter.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:11 AM   #13
Weekend Camper

I recently was looking for an RV from long distance(700 miles) and emailed most of the dealers you folks are talking about and found their prices way below anything here.

It seems that when emailing, dealers know they need to give you their best price or forget about it. You can skip a lot of BS this way but you need to know what you want. If you need a lot of hand holding probably not the way to go.

I can not really talk about their sales tactics or service work because I will not use any from them.

In the end, I bought a used one from Pete's RV. Too bad they don't carry the Crossroads brand because they were a please to deal with--and I do not say that about most RV dealers.
beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:49 AM   #14
New Camper

They only way you will get hardly anywhere with this company is to post something publicly, if you are lucky!

We wanted to buy multiple units from the company and they would not give us the time of day. The "owner" that you talked to is in fact the OWNERS daughter. She is rude and doesn't care about you, your business or any type of problems with warranty.

I've dealt with this young girl in and out of business situations. I've also dealt with the GM. Not a honest or friendly man. NOT some place I will do business with, including all of their many other locations.Edited by: SLCamper
SLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #15
Family Vacation Member

If you don't mind a little drive, I'd highly recommend Coplen's in Fort Wayne, IN. Family owned for decades, outstanding customer service. Worth a phone call and/or visit.
mikenannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #16
New Camper

<!--if gte mso 9>

<w:Word>

<w:View>Normal</w:View>

<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>

<w:TrackMoves/>

<w:Trackatting/>

<w:Punctuati&#111;nKerning/>

<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>

<w:SaveIfInvalid>false</w:SaveIfInvalid>

<w:IgnoreMixed>false</w:IgnoreMixed>

<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>

<w&#111;notPromoteQF/>

<w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther>

<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>

<w:LidThemeComplex>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplex>

<w:Compatibility>

<w:BreakWrappedTables/>

<w:SnapToGridInCell/>

<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>

<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>

<w&#111;ntGrowAutofit/>

<w:SplitPgBreakAndark/>

<w&#111;ntVertAlignCellWithSp/>

<w&#111;ntBreakC&#111;nstrainedForcedTables/>

<w&#111;ntVertAlignInTxbx/>

<w:Word11KerningPairs/>

<w:CachedColBalance/>

<w:UseFELayout/>

</w:Compatibility>

<m:mathPr>

<m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/>

<m:brkBin m:val="before"/>

<m:brkBinSub m:val="&amp;#45;-"/>

<m:smallFrac m:val="off"/>

<m:dispDef/>

<m:lMargin m:val="0"/>

<m:rMargin m:val="0"/>

<m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/>

<m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/>

<m:intLim m:val="subSup"/>

<m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/>

</m:mathPr></w:Word>

<!if gte mso 9>

<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemi="true" DefQat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267">

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="0" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Normal"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="ing 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 7"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 8"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 9"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="35" Qat="true" Name="capti&#111;n"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="10" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Title"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="11" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtitle"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="22" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Str&#111;ng"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="20" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Emphasis"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="59" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="1" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="No Spacing"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revisi&#111;n"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="34" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="29" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Quote"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="30" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="19" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="21" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="31" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="32" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="33" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Book Title"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/>

<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Qat="true" Name="TOC ing"/>

</w:LatentStyles>

<!if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */

table.MsoNormalTable

{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";

mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;

mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;

mso-style-noshow:yes;

mso-style-priority:99;

mso-style-qformat:yes;

mso-style-parent:"";

mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;

mso-para-margin:0in;

mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;

mso-pagination:widow-orphan;

font-size:11.0pt;

font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";

mso-ascii-font-family:"Times New Roman";

mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;

mso-hansi-font-family:"Times New Roman";

mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;

mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";

mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

<!if gte mso 9>

<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/>

<!if gte mso 9>

<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">

<o:id v:ext="edit" ="1"/>

</o:shapelayout><!-->

I don't know what others have experienced, we found the dealer to

be very pleasant to deal with. They were very up front and honest with us. </span>No pressure at all. </span>They took care of all our concerns in a

timely manner. </span>We were first time buyers

and they really took the time to educate us and find out which trailer was

right for us. </span>We bought a Slingshot 25bh

and it worked out perfect for us. </span>Pete, </span>the finance manager, found us a great rate

and made everything so easy as far as documentation. </span>I really think this place is getting a bum

rap... </span>and I speak from my personal

experience</span>. </span>

Drivenhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #17
Family Vacation Member

Hamilton's RV in Saginaw has the CrossRoads line. I bought my Zinger from there last month and had a very good experience(and at a good price). Their PDI was very thourough. talk to Jason 877 - 752 - 6263
Old 03-09-2012, 03:37 AM   #18
Full Time Camper

Most, if not all of us, are speaking from personal experience in dealing with these folks. In my case I was so turned off by the experience I had I went elsewhere to buy.

There is an old saying ... "leopards don't change their spots". Unless this firm is under new ownership then they are more than likely the same. Perhaps you got lucky, perhaps you're new to RV buying or buying in general. Glad you had a great experience, but many of us have not.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

Old 03-09-2012, 10:01 AM   #19
New Camper

Funny.. I did not see a single feline in the dealership. I did find find people who were very willing to support my satisfaction with the purchase. They actually delivered more than they promised. Perhaps it is people who can change. I am sure there are dissatisfied customers at the other places you went to. Your advice is solid, and I will avoid buying RV's or any other major purchases at the zoo!

Drivenhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #20
New Camper

@Drivenhard... You arepretty defensive. Must be you'vegotten lucky with them. Good for you.
SLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote