Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2009, 06:26 AM   #1
New Camper

Any Hampton owners out there?
SteveCz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:52 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

There were a couple on the old forum but they tend to be outside sipping mint julips and watching the sunsets.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:59 AM   #3
New Camper

We have a Hampton HT40QB. Love it. We did have a 27 ft travel trailer but we purchased a lot and spend every weekend there and we wanted more room. We are in Ohio.

2008 Hampton HT40QB

lorimomx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:03 PM   #4
New Camper

WE bought a 38DB new in Sept. 08 and love it!! We store it at Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach. The 2 bedrooms were the deciding factor after looking for some time! Leaving 5/22 for ten days... can't wait! Looking forward to hearing from all!!
Old 05-15-2009, 01:25 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

BEWARE!!! you are going to have an un-invited party in your trailer during off season. We has either a squarril or chippy on ours. WOW!! What a mess!! It was less that a year. Crossroads is send supplies to fix all the openings in the underbelly. Here is the caught. I have to do all the work. They are not sending anyone to do the working. They are taking full responsibility bith passing the work on to the owner. We are still working on this to see if they can fix their mistake. I do give them credit, they are sending something, that should have been done in the inspection.
campingWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:04 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

BOTH MY SISTER AND I PURCHASED 2009 HT39FEO9'S LAST SUMMER. WE SAY WELCOME TO THE HAMPTONS AND APPARENTLY HAVE BEEN CALLED THE HAMPTON TRAILER PARK GIRLS. THANKS TO OUR MAMA AND DADDA, WE'RE VERY LUCKY TO HAVE OUR OWN PIECE OF PARADISE ON THE BRAS D'OR LAKES IN CAPE BRETON NOVA SCOTIA CANADA. I GUESS IT'S LIKE A TRAILER PARK AS IT'S TOTALLY ALL FAMILY WITH 3 CABINS AND 8 TRAILERS. WE HAD A GREAT BEGINNING LAST SEASON WITH VERY FEW PROBLEMS MOSTLY NOW SOLVED. WE'VE WINTERED WELL. JUST OPENED MAY LONG WEEKEND. STILL SMELLING NEW . AS OUR MAMA ALWAYS SAID " WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT "!! WE LOVE OUR HAMPTONS !!
arly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:18 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

More problmes. We found out the animals crewed through some wires by the converter. What a mess, again!! The whole under belly is full of acorns. When you tap you hand on it, you can hear the acorns making noise. What's next!! Would like to enjoy the time in the trailer verses spending the time fixing all the messes.
campingWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:46 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

WELL, YESTERDAY, I WATCHED A SQUIRREL RUN UP UNDER MY HAMPTON. I CHECKED IT OUT AND LOW AND BEHOLD, FOUND A LARGE WHOLE IN FRAME IN THE BACK END. THAT'S WHERE THE HOSE GOES INTO THE TRAILER. NOW, WHAT DID YOU GET TO PLUG UP THIS HOLE. IS THERE MANY MORE HOLES YOU'VE FOUND ?? YESTERDAY ,THE ONLY THING I HAD WAS THE DUCT TAPE SILVER STUFF, SO I PUT THAT ON BUT I'M THINKING THAT THE SQUIRREL WILL JUST SCRATCH IT OUT OF THERE? WHAT DID THE CO. SEND YOU TO PLUG EM UP WITH. WHY THE HECK ARE THEY THERE ANYWAY?? AN OVERSITE??
Old 07-23-2009, 04:49 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

I'M ALSO HAVING PROBLEMS WITH BEING IN THE BATHROOM AND THE NIECES BEING ABLE TO OPEN THE DOOR AND THEY CAN PEEK IN FROM THE SIDES. ANYONE HAVE THIS PROBLEM?? SEEMS THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST A BIT WIDER DOOR ??

AFTER WE DE WINTERIZED THIS YEAR, WE'RE NOT GETTING HOT WATER. IT'S WARM BUT NOT HOT ???

I STILL LOVE MY HAMPTON !!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 11:22 AM   #10
New Camper

Had the same hot water issue this year. They replaced the mixing valve on the hot water tank.

The bathroom doors are adjustable, mine cover the opening after adjusting.

SteveCz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:22 AM   #11
New Camper

Hello to all Hampton owners. We have owned our Hampton for a few years.
We have been trailering for many years and have probably made most of the mistakes and errors. Our bathroom doors are to small, we will widen them this summer.
Our Hampton is undoubtedly the biggest and most Lavish movable home we have owned. We have one outstanding issue and that is the drawer slide/supports. Ours are plastic and keep breaking. We notice the new units appear to have metal slides. We would like to replace them
in our Hampton. I hope our dealer will be able to do this when the local camping season opens next month. Our unit is permanently mounted on blocks and has a large screened deck adjacent to it. We are getting a large propane tank connected to it so we don't have to lug the portable tanks.
Happy Camping
Andre

Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:23 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

Our first week after winterizing and leavng, a mouse moved in. Luckily we caught him via a trip to drop off things for winter storage. We then stuffed all holes with steel wool and spray sealant foam. And laid out mint, traps etc. And then left pellets a plenty under the unit. Ours is supposed to be totally encased in the bottom, but when we really looked we saw at least a half dozen entry points. Taken care of...just wish there was a MANUAL that mentioned these things.

It would be forewarned..is forearmed to catch the issue before it becomes an issue =)

I would love to see the screen room addition if you can post a pix!

And yes, our bathroom doors are skimpy too. Our thought is for heavens sake..if you are making the units, you should know to make the doors wide enough to cover the opening! Ours tend to be pulled closed to far, then you have toe under the door and move it back on track to open. Think we may do the wider door thing too. Great idea. But an expense to us when it should not have to be.

All in all, we love the unit! And anticipate many enjoyable weekends this summer...if summer ever comes! This winter has been way to long!

2011 Hampton HT39FE
spa4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:41 PM   #13
Weekend Camper

I would love to see a pic also of this addition. Have been searching for ideas on some type of gazebo addition that I can walk out of the bedroom door into it and an entrance from deck. Also, am wondering on the bathroom door business. Is it possible to hinge the sliding door ?? Probably have to take some off the door but what the heck. Any ideas on that ?
Old 07-05-2011, 11:09 PM   #14
Weekend Camper

We are into our 2nd summer with our Hampton ...love the design featuresand the layout.

Cabintry is very nice, ample and the layout well thought out. Lighting done well. We are glad we opted for fiberglass body for ease of cleaning and looks, but find putting any kind of skirting under that is a real challange. There are ample receptacles inside. The bed is comfy with an extra foam pad atop added.

Ventilation seems very good even during warmest weather.

Quirks... and items being serviced soon-

The many holes we found last fall, now plugged with foam and steel wool will hopefully keep out further critters

The bath door either leaves aa gap when closed, or slides out to far and sticks on the floor guide.

The bath faucet has an awful squeal when you turn the handle

We have had at least a dozen screws headsfall off the outside slide side from apparent overtightening during construction

Our Bedroom Fan-tastic fan does not always work.

The patio screen rolls off more than it rolls closed..even after numerous adjustments..the door is out of square(the unit is spot on level)

The top of the long slide is a water basin, drainage is lacking totally, except in windy rain, when it the runs down over the windows on the ends.

The sound system sucks ...really. It works on 2 (LOUD) to extra loud to ultimate loud. On 1 there is nothing. You cannot enjoy a meal or movie with the speakers blaring out at you overhead. Talking to the dealer apparantly others have this issue as well.

Wefurnished the wiring from the sound system to the TV as it came with none.

We replaced the wiring from the tv to the outlet as the original was was badly frayed.

We are awaiting the how to fix solution for our dormer lights outfront that blow bulbs in under 10 min..it is too hot in the glass covered space.

We are checking into having all windows replaced since they fog miserably at the first hint of cool outside and warm inside. The dealer never offered that option to us..although we upgraded to every other winter feature.

I'd definietly rec. the unit, just a sharper eye for the quirks/details sooner. And would probably have supplied my own appliances and kitchen set, just do to size and efficiency.

2011 Hampton HT39FE
Old 07-05-2011, 11:12 PM   #15
Weekend Camper

Arly I don't think hinging would work...it would swing out into the dining table in our unit. But I have heard other owners put a 1-2 inch wider door on and problems were solved.

Many park type model owners in our campground have raised decks and screen rooms off the bedroom doors. Wonderful for added secure storage, relaxing on if space permits.

We have not looked to see how exactly they attached, since space limited our doing this type of addition.

2011 Hampton HT39FE
Old 07-06-2011, 05:51 AM   #16
Weekend Camper

We are also in our 2nd summer of using our Hampton (39FK). Like you, we love the space and features that came with the unit. We did not haveany issues with "varmits" last year & hope we don't this year either, but I took note of your ideas on controlling them. I also wondered if the bathroom door could be hinged, but decided the frame is too thin. I like the idea of a wider door, we may try that. We added a deck adjacent to our unit and love the extra space it provides. One thing that I can't solve at present is our front loader washer makes the unit vibrate when spinning. Any ideas on fixing this is most appreciated.

Happy Camping to you!
ewp5354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:53 AM   #17
New Camper

We just purchased a 39FK 6 weeks ago and have loved it. No problems with it at all so far but the jury is still out on the tankless water heater. In fact, our neighbors in the seasonal campground we are at are so impressed with the Hampton they are dealing on a new 38CK!
neilnjoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #18
New Camper

Will be taking delivery of a new 2013 Hampton next week. Are there any pre-acceptance inspections that you would suggest i.e. areas that may present problems.

Once we accept the unit, it will travel approximately 100 miles to be placed on a lot. It will be set up' checked again and then closed up until Oct/Nov.

Yes, we are "snowbirds" in Fla for the winter season.

Any and all help will be appreciated with our new winter retirement home.
Algo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #19
Weekend Camper

Congratulations on your new Hampton. I hope you love it as much as we do ours. We have had ours for 2 years now with very few problems. One thing we had trouble with was getting the surround system to work . DH loves to "crank it up" on race day. After much experimenting I think he has it adjusted to his liking. My main concern has been the effect our front load washer has during the spin cycle. It causes the super slide to vibrate (great back massage if you sit in the recliner during this). I am still trying to find a solution other than getting a top load washer. Overall, we love our "home" and wouldn't have purchased any other kind! If you do run into problems, the folks at CR have been very helpful and this forum is great!
ewp5354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:58 AM   #20
Weekend Camper

Congrats on the new trailer! We had our HT38FL delivered March 31 and while generally pleased with our purchase we did notice a few items of concern:

1. Tank sensors do not work (usually ignored them in my other trailers but should be working when brand new),
2. Ceiling fans not balanced (balanced them myself),
3. Not one of the three Fantastic Fans exhaust fans work properly (ongoing issue),
4. Possible leak in the black tank or the black tank valve (ongoing issue),
5. Furnace quit after one month (repaired under warranty),
6. Some of the wood trim wasn't attached, just placed into position (repaired myself),
7. The jury is still out with us as well on the tankless water heater (too hot),
8. The surround sound system is just plain garbage (replaced system with Sony system),
9. One of the halogen light fixtures in the ceiling didn't work (replaced under warranty, installed myself).

My advice is to have you and your dealer go through every nook and cranny,check everything for correct functionality and take your time.Make sure your dealer will service your trailer or have someone more local authorized to do any work required. My dealer is athree hour drive away from my park and it has not been a pleasant experience trying to get some of the issues taken care of.

But we still enjoy spending every weekend in our new Hampton. Good luck with yours.
Brownghost is offline   Reply With Quote