Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

have a 2007 30 sk the outersidewall from the door to just below the bedroom window has a very noticable outward bow, you can press on it and it moves inward about a 1/4 inch, do no know if outer panel came loose from inner panels or if it came loose from the aluminum framework. Has anyone had this problem and what was the fix. Because of its age and us being second owner the factory is unable to help. Unable to find any evidence of a water leak either.

Forks Wa.

1997 Chev 3500

2007 Cruiser 30SK

2 old well traveled cats

1982 Chev Elcamino

1975 Harley Davidson XLH
Lstreutker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

I had a small delamination on the other side wall near the reefer vent. It was nly about6-8 inches. In my case, if you pushed on the blister it would push in about 1/8 inch, but just where you pushed, not in any of the adjacent area. Dealer had to grind it down and patch it. It was under a decal so they patched it and put on a new decal. If it had been on the white surface I'm not sure what they would have done to match the rest of the wall.

You may want to take it to a reputable body shop that specializes in glass and have them take a look.

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,48e,4x4,QC

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...CRUISER1-1.jpg
Ridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:30 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

ours is delaminated from just under the porch lite down to the storage door and is about 18 inches in width, to big to grind down, repair shop says other than major side replacement, of trying to reattach the side to the studs with some sort of trim strip.

thanks for the info

Forks Wa.

1997 Chev 3500

2007 Cruiser 30SK

2 old well traveled cats

1982 Chev Elcamino

1975 Harley Davidson XLH
Old 03-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I suggest you call Randy Mischler at the Crossroads repair facility. Even though you are probably out of warranty they maybe able to do some type of repair for an affordable price. I know they do other work besides warranty work there.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

I have drilled a small hole on a much older trailer injected a epoxy into it rolled it out and use a peice of plywood and a 2x4 wedge between a tree,garage etc to hold it secure for 48 hours
Old 03-22-2012, 10:59 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

I have had the same delamination issue with my motorhome. It isn't a water leak, in my case. I've kept track of it year after year by measuring it and it stopped expanding after a couple years. I find it everywhere there is a heat source below it. It is on top of my heat pump, water heater and refrigerator. The heat appears to cause the adhesive that holds the outer skin to the inner foam to dry out and loose its properties. Also, be very aware that on a very hot day, when sun is beating down on the outside wall, if you suddenly spray cold water (from a hose, for example) your outer wall can pop off the inner panel where it is attached by adhesives.
NH Horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

I guess we have to live with it, both sides have a delamination in same generalarea,a trip tothe factory is out of the question 2500 plus miles one way. have thought about the injection of adhisive, if we can get a location of the studs,will let you know.

Forks Wa.

1997 Chev 3500

2007 Cruiser 30SK

2 old well traveled cats

1982 Chev Elcamino

1975 Harley Davidson XLH
Old 03-25-2012, 06:58 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Larry correct me if I'm wrong but I believe these trailers are FRP (fiberglass re-inforced plywood) So you should be able to glue it back down anywhere on the side to the plywood. If I'm correct the plywood is still attached to the studs. This is how older trailers were built.