Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

I have seen sofa bed air mattress mentioned a couple of times in the available options list of different rv's, I am guessing that it is some kind of blow up topper to make the sofa bed mattress a little more comfortable, does that sound right ? Â*Anyone tried to sleep on one, and if so was the air mattress expensive?

albi
albianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:41 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

It is a sleeper sofa with a air mattress instead of a regular foam mattress. It has to be more comfortable than the foam one.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:14 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

G'Day
We have a air mattress sofa in our 09 30sk. Yes it is more comfortable than a regular sofa bed. It comes with it's own pump (12v I think). It is however a pain to set up & take down & I can't help but wonder about it's durability! It is the only option to the standard J sofa offered by Crossroads ,I thinks it was about $500.
Cal

Old 05-03-2009, 02:31 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

We have one too and havent used it yet for guests but i can tell you its a cumbersom process taking it down but setup is ok! it comes with a 110 volt pump and is L shaped ya remove your cussions on the couch and stuhh the l part there and the rest of it rests on the floor. Ours did stay up pretty good for the two weeksi was in flordia but noone was sleeping on it! hope this helps!

Dee N Bob

Duramax,allison.etc.

2009 30SK Patriot edition

Pullrite 20.5k Super Fifth

https://i494.photobucket.com/albums/r...b1/NewSpot.jpg
buddhabob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:26 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Just back from our first outing with our 09 Cruiser Patriot edition 5er. The sofa is not comfortable to sit on. The cushions move forward when you sit. I spend part of the day pusing them back into the sofa. The inflatable sofa bed sleeps well. But it is a pain to set up, as you have to jam the pump into the recepticle to get it to fill. Not a good set up, as you have to wait to inflate it until everyone is in. Not easy to get past the end to move around the camper. Mattress is cumbersome and heavy to put away. I would not chose this as an option and will think about finding a different sofa.
w&cferb is offline   Reply With Quote