Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2012, 03:13 AM   #1
New Camper

Hello ok we won't buy at Camp Show :&gt but really liked SlShot GT29BH. I've tried searching so I'm not bothering anyone but this is on price. I read that brand new 2012 try and get for 25% to 30% below MSRP....ok I just saw New 2011 at dealer online ( could be lying ..lol ) for ask price of 23k...Do the same rules apply like above in terms of what I can expect for price.

Sorry I probably worded this all wrong, me and wife just 2 of us, retiring soon are a little excited but we need to keep calm, any feedback would be most appreciated. Thank you
kelticroam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:25 AM   #2
New Camper

What I meant to say ...is for 2011 what can I try to negotiate on price, thanks
Old 03-11-2012, 04:43 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Hi kelticroam,
Do you have the list of options and features that are above the base rv for this unit? What is the msrp for the unit with all the features you want?

Perhaps then you can get an accurate opinion.

mnsunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:03 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

my quick calculations say that 23k for a carry over unit,(2011) seems a bit steep.
I think a '12 unit could be had for around 20k.
Just my thoughts based on what I paid for a new unit in the similar price range. A 2011 unit should be deeply discounted.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:09 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

When we went to camp show in 2010 we were shopping but not ready or done any research ( for or 3rd unit). Found the Cruiser and fell in love THEN started looking at other dealers ( the show was just a single dealer show). For the price the Cruise was tops BUT it cost us extra because we missed the show pricing. Bottom line pull the trigger when YOU are ready. No matter what price you pay wouldn't you like to pay lesss??

Good luck.

2006 GMC Duramax-Edge Evolution

2011 CT29RLX

Bikes,Canoe,toys,toys,toyz
we-canoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:52 AM   #6
New Camper

Thanks folks taking in and digesting. TY mnsunset that's helpful that 2011 even though new should be deeply discounted, if I understood correctly.
Ok what I got on th 2012 with what we want the MSRP is what I could find online was 32,850 the show price was 25,600. You do hear some folks say don't buy at show. Anyway we weren't ready :&gt we narrowed it down to 3 models manufacturers, and both agreed on floor plan ...yea
Now I saw a price online for the 2011 same model from a NH dealer it states the sales price at dealer is 22,297, but you know they advertise that but you go in and could be a different animal..lol...but as mnsunset says which would be great if the new 2011 is there ...does anyone have any suggestions on what my top offer should be, I want to be frugal I'm under no pressure, I can walk out that dealeshowroom Thanks again folks</span>
</span>
Old 03-11-2012, 07:55 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

I checked a couple of dealers closer to me and I see they are listing some with a msrp of 31k at around the 22k mark. Which leads me to believe that they have quite a bit of room left. So, in my opinion only I would guess it should go at around 21K.
BUT we are making a lot of assumptions. How much dealer prep is for example. Are they giving a good battery? Full LP tanks? A dogbone or any x-tras that a dealer may do? All these things add up. And remember you would like the dealer to be around for service so they have to make something. Overhead for shops is only going up.... In the end, put a price that you would be comfortable paying, if you get it great. If not then walk away and buy another day. Someone will always get a better deal someplace. Often times that better deal is not apples to apples comparable.

Have fun, good luck and let us know where you land..

Old 03-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

My last rambling were based on 2012 models, I still say a 2011 would be much,,,much less.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #9
New Camper

<div ="msg">

Watch out or you might end up w/ a 2012 cruiser! enjoy the show.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trumpet Wedding Dresses|New Style Wedding Dresses|Wedding Dresses with Sleeves|New Style Flower Girl Dresses

leviinazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:17 AM   #10
New Camper

Thanks mnsunset, very good things to think about. As excited as we got at the show..lol...and all day Sunday researching etc...but we take our time :&gt it's still a big investment...better get it righ..thanks again mnsunset</span>
Old 03-12-2012, 02:10 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

I bought my 2011 29BH back in Aprill 2011. The MSRP was 31K, and we paid 24600. That price included some options like the 15,000 A/C, 19" TV, microwave, and spare tire. They also agreed to throw in the weight distribution hitch and brake/light system hookup for that price.

Good luck on your RV search!

DV

South Carolina

2011 Slingshot 29BH
DoubleVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:03 AM   #12
New Camper

You are great Doubleveteran, I can't thank you enough. My wife and I are so greatful really. All this helps us a great deal. There is a lot to take in. Like I said we had a used Motor home 29' great times but that was a long time ago. I would be towing this from NH to Fla and stay in Gulf somewhere not far from beach. Gulf air seems to help my wifes asthma tremendously. Then use it in summer in New England ...Of course a lot has changed in the world since we did tent camping and Motor Home... so now have to check out ... ah the million dollar question can we find a nice campsite that won't put us next to the highway when we come...lol...We have liked the Dunedin area in Florida...you know it can be 10 min ride to beach and so has attractions, thanks again, Kevin