Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2011, 05:15 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to timscruiser
Hi we just bought a 2012 Cruiser CT 29 RLX & joined this forum and can't help but notice how few TT I see on the site ??? Is there a way to get with the other little guys out there that still like the TT . This cruiser is the 5th new travel trailer in the last 3 1/2 years and the one we traded off was a 2012 Fl 247 Roamer by Open Range that we put 7000 mil. on this summer with our 09 F150 crew cab king ranch with tow package.

We really like all the cabanits & storage of this tt and really are looking foward to picking it up from Cambell Ford & RV in Ozark Mo. on Dec 28 . Tim & Jo
timscruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:28 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum. We have a 2010 CT29RLX. We live in about six months a year and have found it to be an excellent unit. I'm sure you'll enjoy yours. The only problem we had was the bumper started to pull off from the weight of the spare tire. It was a poor installation and may have been corrected on the newer units. Replaced the factory tires after a blowout at 10,000 miles.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:39 AM   #3
Site Team

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your new cruiser!!
Tim, don't worry about being with the "big guys" this is all one "big" family
Enjoy your new TT.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:14 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Hi w2elcome to our forum. You just bought the best.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:13 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Thanks to all for the welcome !!

Russ thanks for the heads up on the bumper I'll keep an eye on it & maby even mount the spair under the toung to stop that before it starts . Were haveing the dealer swap out the dark vinyl chairs & couch for the beige cloth one's from a new 5er .

Tim & JO
Old 12-23-2011, 08:38 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Thanks OLD FARMER

The reason for asking was a few years back I belonged to NATCO truck camper club and when we would roll into a campground that had a club meet for class A's or Holladay Ramblers TT we really felt out of place if you know what I mean . I saw on the fourm that there is a CR meet in TX. and thats not to far from us hear inMountain Home AR. so we might our 1st club run .

Tim & Jo

with

Joker our little 4 legg buddy
Old 12-23-2011, 08:54 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Say Russ I just noticed you have a F 150 how does your handle the Cruiser ? and do you have the two-haul tran . The Roamer weighed in at 6100 lb and my 150 did a great job all over OK / TX / NV / NM / CA/ on a 5000 ml. trip . I could not belive that that in tow-haul

up & down the mountains I hardly used the brakesOR geared down so I'm hopeing the extra 900 or so lb's nor hurt .

Tim & Jo
Old 12-23-2011, 09:50 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by timscruiser
Say Russ I just noticed you have a F 150 how does your handle the Cruiser ? and do you have the two-haul tran . The Roamer weighed in at 6100 lb and my 150 did a great job all over OK / TX / NV / NM / CA/ on a 5000 ml. trip . I could not belive that that in tow-haul

up & down the mountains I hardly used the brakesOR geared down so I'm hopeing the extra 900 or so lb's nor hurt .

Tim & Jo

I have the tow/haul trans and it does a fine job. I've towed about 15k miles with this TT with no complaints. We went from NY to CO last summer in the 100 degree heat without a problem. Our previous TT weighed about the same as your Roamerand my gas mileage dropped 1-2 mpg. I average around 9mpg. I have a Reese hitch with a friction sway control.

Hope to see you at the TX rally this spring.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:46 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Tim, welcome and congratulations. Yes, us Travel Trailer people do not have the numbers that the 5th wheel people do, but we still have as much fun. So, curious, what made you switch from the Open Range product? I have heard pretty good things about their product. Yes, Crossroads has been working through different designs on their trailers the past few years. We were lucky and when we ordered back in 2008 and got one of the last original ones before they went to a "V" nose...only for a VERY short time though. However, our next unit will be a 5th wheel as we just LOVE the 335SS floor plan. Make plans to attend the factory rally at the end of July......

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Hi goosamar

Well it seems like a nice bunch on this fourm ! Now as to why we changed away from the Roamer to the Cruiser can be sumed up with two words Storage Cabnits as well out side storage . The Roamer is a verry well built 1st line trailer but poor desgn inside . We had bought a 2012 Cougar 29RLHSS with alot of custom order goodies like remote awning /lights / slide also custom interior colors and trim as well as Gellcoat paint . So we pluncked down $ 5000 to go with our trade in of a 2011 26 ft. Freedom lite with a verry small slide so it came in ALL WRONG so I wouldn't take it .We looked around the lott and ended up with our 2 nd pick the Cruiser . After the first short trip we started looking for one we liked ALL the way . This is the 5 th new TT in 3 1/2 years starting with a 15 ft. Adrlin Blast Toy Box on up to this 33.6 ft. sure hope this one is IT.!!!

TIM & JO

with Joker

in {{ THE CONROYS MIMI MOTEL }}

THE CONROYS MINI MOTEL ]]

<br /
Old 12-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

Wow....the outside storage is one reason we went with the CT31RL vs the CT31GR. The GR had one small cubby hole of storage. Yes, you will not find a greater group of people and they are always willing to help with an issue. Most of the time at least one of us has been through what the person posting is currently experiencing. This will be our 5th year with our TT and we have been blessed with a great trailer. I have had very little to fix or repair in the five years of ownership. That is the argument I get from the wife when I start to talk about trading for a 5th wheel as there is really nothing wrong with ours!! Hard to challenge that line of thinking. However, I think after she sees the floorplan in person at the factory rally I might start to win the discussion

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote