Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2009, 12:43 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hello all:

I am looking hard at the Cruiser and am trying to consider a variety of alternatives. One alternative is to buy a new 2008 Cruiser. Another option is a new 2010 Cruiser (for more money of course). What is the differences between the '08 and '10 models? Oh, I am looking at the CF27RL model. After reviewing the differences, I can better determine whether the increase in cost is worth it.

Thanks for your responses.
NC Retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:06 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

The 27rl is a single slide unit, however, if you are considering a 2010 model I would suggest you look at the 28rl. It is a two slide unit (bedroom & living room) and is available in the Patriot addition. The Patriot addition adds a whole lot more in features; 50amp, 16" tires, power rear jacks, roto-flex pin box, 15k a/c, power awning, etc. Just my thoughts.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:09 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Does the 2008 have the Equa-Flex? If it does not I would factor in the cost to add it to the 2008. In my mind the Equa-Flex is a must with the Lippert frames. I am sure Cross-roads made it standard to help prevent frame damage on their trailers. The Equa-flex is like night and day in the ride your trailer and anything in the trailer will see. In your deal with the dealer get them to throw in the wet bolt kit for the Equa-flex.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:39 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the comments.

I have not seen the 2008 yet but plan to later this week. What do you mean when you say the "wet bolt kit" for the Equa-flex? I do not know what that is.

As for the CF28RL Patriot, I would really like this unit but it is a little longer than I want and a little more expensive than I want to pay. I agree though that it is really a nice unit.

Thanks,
NC Retiree
Old 09-07-2009, 07:23 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

The wet bolt kit let's you greese every thing.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:10 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
There are numerous differences between the 08' and 10' models. In 2009 the Cruiser underwent a overhaul that included:

Revised suspension and wheel clearance, 16" wheels now a option and Trail-air standard

Interior color is Tuscany Maple, not oak

Overhead spot lights in kitchen over island

Revised front cap

Patriot/Provincial package option

Larger front pass-thru, revised propane storage

Revised fixtures/interior colors

Revised ent. center now with built in LCD arm and Jensen DVD/CD/Stereo/MP3 unit

And more........

You should be able to secure a 2009 or newer at 30% off MSRP. You can build one at RVWholesalers.com for a rough idea on where to negotiate a local dealer to.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:24 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Michael:
Thanks for that summary of differences. That makes the decision easier as I want those upgrades. Also, based on what I have seen from RVWholesalers.com, they seem to run 30+% below MSRP. I'll see what the local folks will do as we have an RV show this weekend in Greensboro. I'm getting excited about the prospect of a Crossroads Cruiser.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Great! They are fantastic campers. Print off and use the RVW pricing to assist you with getting your best deal locally (if possible).

Enjoy!
Old 09-11-2009, 01:38 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

Well, another question for you informed Cruiser owners from a soon to be Cruiser owner.

I feel the CF27RL is the right size and floor plan. The problem is the DW feel the counter space is limited on that model. Bear in mind we saw a 2008 model. I know there were some remakes to the 2010 model. Did the 2010 model by chance increase the counter space in the kitchen? Since I am trying to keep the length below 30' is there another floor plan that gives the open feeling of the RL but with more counter space?

Thanks
NC Retiree
Old 09-13-2009, 01:01 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

We just got back from the Smokies and id say ya would be happy with anything that has upgrade suspension and a trail air pin box on it!!! I75 was so rough through Dayton OHIO our aluminum bike rack bent down almost 5" in the back and we almost lost our bikes! So they came home on the front of the truck!!! I cant imagine towing our 30 sk with a regular pinbox through there!!!!!!! Good luck and enjoy your new rig!!!

Dee N Bob

Duramax,allison.etc.

2009 30SK Patriot edition

Pullrite 20.5k Super Fifth

https://i494.photobucket.com/albums/r...b1/NewSpot.jpg
buddhabob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:10 AM   #11
Family Vacation Member

The Patriot has corian inserts for the sinks. I put one in for extra counter space and put the dishpan on top of it when washing up. Or you can put both in and do the dishes outside.
w&cferb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:16 AM   #12
New Camper

The Patriot Edition is very nice; unfortunately, it looks like it is going away again. I've been emailing back and forth with Rudy Boals at Crossroads and - at least for the Cruiser CF32BL I've been looking at buying - he says the Patriot Edition is unavailable (unless I want to order right now). I was kind of upset by this as some of the features aren't available separately (like 50amp service). SO... if anyone was thinking of ordering a Patriot Edition, order now or it'll be too late!<a href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CMatt%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsoht mlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml" target="_blank">
</a>Edited by: MattR
MattR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:11 AM   #13
Full Time Camper

I noticed this - they swapped out the 32BL for the new loft floorplan (which stink, IMHO).

Like Wildcat and other's they will find the rear loft is not a huge seller. As a parent I think it's a waste becuase any kid over 5 doesn't want to sleep 2' from the roof.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:36 AM   #14
New Camper

I agree that rear lofts just don't seem like they would appeal to that many. It's certainly not unique (unlike the 32BL - it's the whole reason I'll be going with Crossroads). It's kind of funny that you mention lofts only being wanted by the under 5 crowd... my wife and I will be purchasing the 32BL for use during the first 5 years of our child's life. We'd go with one of the MANY rear bunk/loft floorplans out there except that we want our child's room to be closer to our room (but not too close - that's why the 32BL is nice with the bathroom separating the two rooms). We've also fallen in love with rear living rooms. I guess we'll just have to face the increased price in the Spring when we are ready to order.

MattR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:04 PM   #15
Full Time Camper

I remember the Spring RV show - I was in a Heartland with their new loft floorplan. Many other parents came into the unit as we looked it over. I blurted out "what a dumb layout" and I got the nod from several others in the trailer. Who the heck wants to sleep in a small room 2' from the roof in the summer? Also, the under loft area is only useful to the kids. What do I do when I want to stock the kids bedroom, put the clothes away, etc.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:30 AM   #16
Full Time Camper

I sure hope that Crossroads doesn't drop the Patriot option. It is a great package for the price. If they do drop it, I hope they add some of the features to the standard options list such as 50 amp service and 16 inch wheels and tires. The roto flex pin box is also very nice.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
Old 09-15-2009, 02:54 AM   #17
Full Time Camper

I agree - otherwise the Wildcat with it's long list of standards and the popular Heartland Sundance will be singing a happy tune. For the MSRP they should include the 16" wheels/tires and pinbox anyways, IMHO.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:48 AM   #18
Weekend Camper

OK, I am happy to inform the forum that today I ordered a new Crossroads Cruiser 29RL with all the stuff. I thank all of you that contributed to my original post as you helped me in my decision. It will be a while until it is ready but life is a journey and the anticipation is exciting. I look forward to arriving at Wana RV in Shipshewana, Indiana in a month (or so) to take ownership.

Thanks,
NC Retiree
Old 09-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #19
Full Time Camper

Well congrat's! You made the right choice ordering the unit new. There is nothing like havinga new camper that is yours and has never had the chance to get "beat up" on the dealer's lot.

I have ordered my last two campers.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #20
Full Time Camper

Congrats on the new cruiser. I am sure you will love it. We are on our second cruiser and still haven't seen anything better for the price/quality.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK