Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Anybody have any experience/opinion on a Coil & Store drinking water hose like this: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...ter-hose/58712

vs.

something more like a HandiHose?

The Coil & Store takes up about half the space and seems a little bit lighter in weight. Of course, it doesn't have the capability of squeezing out any leftover water inside as you roll it up, which seems like a small irritation to me, gravity being what it is. And it's diameter is a little less than standard garden hoses, making me wonder if the volume of water through the hose would be high enough to allow for a shower, rinsing dishes, etc.

I'm also a little worried about the durability of the Coil & Store.

The HandiHose probably stores in slightly less space, being flat, but it looks like something where you'd have to pull the entire thing out of its case before you could use it, and if you have 50 feet of hose, that's a lot to pull out and reel back in.

And then there's the cost. The Coil & Store, at a similar length to the HandiHose (either 25 or 50 feet) is far less costly than the HandiHose.

I'm leaning toward Coil & Store.

Anybody want to argue for one or the other?

and Aggie the Gordon setter

Twin Cities

2011 Cruiser Patriot 325CK

2011 Ram 2500 diesel
dbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:56 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Ooops. Meant to say the Coil & Store seems to take up about TWICE the space, not half. Everybody needs an editor (and I AM one, he said sheepishly).

Twin Cities

2011 Ram 2500 diesel
Old 04-19-2012, 08:25 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I have two similar hoses. One is 25' and reserved for drinking. The other is 75' and is drinking water safe as well. Both take up much less space than a similar standard type hose. I prefer the standard 25' No Kink white drinking water hose we carry because it seems to have better flow capacity. I know that having 125' of drinking hose is overkill but..........

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:55 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Have both, E-Z Coil and Handi-Hose, use the Coil for everyday use and the Handi for drinking hook-up. And have a short regular marine for 'just-in-case'! I like the Handi as it rolls up flat and seems to take up less space. My $.02.

Travel Safe ...

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:15 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Wound up buying a couple of coil hoses. they were only 15 bucks each at the local Target. Got two 25-footers on the theory we won't always need to run out 50 feet but it'll be nice to have it when we need it. Thanks for the help.

Twin Cities

2011 Ram 2500 diesel