Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

I see Crossroads Sunset Trail offers thermopane windows. are they the same as dual pane windows or different?

I had a dealer tell me go on my lot and look at my used TT's with dual pane and you will see how they look in between the 2 pieces ofglass and then you would decide against them. Thats why i am wondering if a thermopane window is different.

Edited by: mb1953
mb1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

No difference between the two. Any dealer that advises against them better have some real details to offer. Besides better insulation, they reduce noise and they seal better because they only come as sliding windows, no crank out windows. So the only disadvantage is they can't be left open in the rain. Since they cost about $1000 extra, IF there was a real problem with dual pane windows, everyone that spent the extra money would be demanding a refund.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
New Camper

I've been in the glass buisnes for 46 years Thermopane is a registered name belonging to LOF Thermopane or dual pane or double pane or insulated unitare all the same thing. The only draw back is when the seal goes bad and the unit foggs up it needs to be replaced . Check on how long the seal warranty is because they are not cheap to repair especilly if they have to be tempered glass which I;m sure they do Weigh the cost of replacement. Insulate units are mostly used for maintaining heat inside. Personnaly I don't see any advantage on getting them
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:50 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to wincrasher

Upside is easier to control temp inside unit (both heat and cool) and reduction of condensation. Also less noise intrusion. So overall, a more residential feel in your coach. All your higher end motorhomes and fifth wheels have thermopane windows.

Downside is weight and extra cost.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote