Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Just bought a Rushmore. 2011 . Our first trip , well didnt go as easy as we expected. We traded in a 2007 Like new 40ft. We liked the upgrade on the levelers. Made it easy to set up..... I was just disapointed that it was not clean move in condition. and every drawer was open when we got to our destination. Then bulbs burnt and the fridge would not switch over to electricity. I know these things can be remedied, but why are these things not done before delivery? Frustrating. Now as far as the look, its absolutely beautiful.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:05 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Am looking HARD at the Rushmore, plan on being fulltimer within the year. Good to hear some information be it good or bad about Rushmore. Filling up my database of info. Thanks for the post. Keep on keepn' on!!

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

i believe that it is a good fulltimer unit. It is very stable with the leveler system and you can get the 12cubic refrigerator. It really is solid. we fixed the drawers and brought it in for the fridge , it was a loose wire..... again, the only thing is WHY NOT check better before delivery

Old 04-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doucet
i believe that it is a good fulltimer unit. It is very stable with the leveler system and you can get the 12cubic refrigerator. It really is solid. we fixed the drawers and brought it in for the fridge , it was a loose wire..... again, the only thing is WHY NOT check better before delivery

let's not forget the dealer. He should have caught what the the factory QC dept. missed. Heck you paid for it twice.. Once when you bought the unit and a second with your PDI.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

yes, it is a pain to haul it in. We are now having trouble with the closet doors in the bedroom, wont stay shut during travle. i understand why, there is only a small magnet to hold the door shut. Not sure what the solution will be for that, but now we are holding one door open for travel with a case of water. it keeps it from banging back and forth.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:41 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

UPDATE Now That I Have Had it over a month ,,, would bring it back in a heartBeat... OKay , am a new owner of the Rushmore. it..... the refrig is a double door by Dometic, and it is soooo noisy. hasnt functioned properly since we got it , piece of doodoo. I know the chairs and sofa are not flex steel, also one is already broken. THe bllinds are DayNight shades and all but one broke within the first week... the mattress is by orthopedic, and is suppossed to be memory foam, but we feel like it is a brick. The bed frame, engineered so wrong, that when we pulled the bed slide in, the frame cracked, i would have to put a picture to show , but the upper frame had a bar across so when we pulled in the slide it caught on the bottom and ripped the frame apart. The table would hit against the hutch in travel and damaged the bottom half, the slide frame damaged the top part of the hutch.... okay , the microwave is convection , works well, but is installed in a downward position, so if not careful, you just might have hot food pourin over yourself.... that is Some Of What went WRONG, in 2 trips since we got it. The toilet is installed crooked so when you open the shower door, only half way, it bangs against the toilet . ... The exterior is full of scratches. Had it been washed we could have seen along with the crack in the fiberglass, and never would have purchased, We had a wonderful Designer Jayco , same size , and have had 5 fifth wheels. NEVER have we had so many things wrong . My advise, consider something else.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:47 AM   #7
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doucet
Just bought a Rushmore. 2011 . Our first trip , well didnt go as easy as we expected. We traded in a 2007 Like new 40ft. We liked the upgrade on the levelers. Made it easy to set up..... I was just disapointed that it was not clean move in condition. and every drawer was open when we got to our destination. Then bulbs burnt and the fridge would not switch over to electricity. I know these things can be remedied, but why are these things not done before delivery? Frustrating. Now as far as the look, its absolutely beautiful.