Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2012, 06:57 AM   #1
New Camper

We purchased a 2012 38ck Rushmore in Feb. The night we drove it from the rv dealer the shower head broke while I was in the shower, I thought oh no please do not let thisbe the start of something bad. Well since Feb. the fridge has not worked nor has the freezer w/ icemaker. We lost hundreds of dollars ofmeat, dairy, condiments etc. When we called to have someone come out we were told no one in this area does mobile rv svc. So called dealer only to find out we have to bring the rv in to have fridge worked on.Then they had me try to fix the fridge with the service dept on the phone.This was a bit irritating considering the salesman told us someone would do mobile repairs if needed. We are pipeliners and we do not have time for rv to be in repair shop we have to have a place to live. Now we find out that we can not be full time in a Rushmore or it voids warranty. We inquired aboutbeing full time possibly voiding warranty when we purchased and was assured that it was not anything to worry about and that full time or part time everything would be covered. Now the fridge not working is upsetting, but when you have a commode that has flooded your new rv and the floor is giving out, electric outlets not working due to the water damage, doors not closing walls coming apart not to mention carpet damaged and mold is setting in and all we are told is you have things that need to be addressed when you purchase a new rv. Hah!! Fantastic fan has not worked since we set up in feb. Propane will not flow into rv so I can not cook on my stove top or oven, furniture torn and ripped not just one piece but all of it and we pointed this out during inspection and was told we would be getting new furniture, now we are told it will be reupholstered.. Window valances torn also noted at inspection. slide is cracked in bedroom, trim is also coming off, water leaks from air conditioners inside of rv, only one tv works on satellite, microwave leans forward and liquids spill out if you are not careful, wood is hanging down from wall on outside of dining room slide, which causes moisture to get under carpet and has also caused outside of slide to start bubbling. oh yeah and due to commode flooding rv the underbelly had to be cut because it was holding lots of water, which in return has caused cabinets to start coming apart and doors on outside compartment are bowed out and not closing properly. The walls on the outside are cracking and trim is coming undone all over on the outside. These are just some of the problems we are having with this very expensive product made by Crossroads(Thor). I have sent emails to dealer I have went by the dealer on several occasions only to be told people have problems when they purchase a new rv. Well we purchased a 09 Layton bumper pull and never had a problem with it. We kept it on the road for almost 3 yrs and never had a complaint.But like everyone we wanted something that felt a little more like home so we looked at fifth wheels for over a year before we decided on the Crossroads Rushmore 38ck floor plan it was everything we wanted and as far as the floor plan it still is. We do not mind spending money on expensive items if it works, but this has not worked since day one. We need new floors, wall, fridge, commode, outside repair, carpet, 2 slides need replaced, furniture, fantastic fan, electric receptacles, leveling system does not work, vinyl flooring, cabinets need replaced, faucets finish is coming off, dryer does not work I could go on and on. So my advice to anyone considering a Crossroads Rushmore for a full time or part time beware, you have been warned and it will not get any better!! WE STILL HAVE NOT RESOLVED ANY OF THESE PROBLEMS!!!

If anyone has any suggestions on as to how we can make our situation better please leave your feedback.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

You probably do not want to hear this but with a list like that your trailer probably needs to go back to the factory to repair all those issues. Sounds like you dealer is incompetent (you should let us know who the dealer is so others can avoid them). I would call Crossroads customer service department and discuss your issues with them and your lack of dealer support. I know of at least one other person on here that has had more than their share of issues with their new Rushmore so maybe he will chime in on their issues. I have noticed an increase in problems lately on the forum with new units and I sure hope this is not a sign of things to come.

Kind of funny, I started reading your post and started thinking of our Paradise Pointe. We have yet to make a trip in it in over three years without something going wrong with it. We just had to cut a 10 day trip short after two days because the front AC unit quit. The temps where between 95* and 100* so one AC unit was not going to cut it.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

I would have called my insurance co it sounds like a total loss to me.
diesel dave 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Sounds like your "Lemon" is more sour than mine!!
PM to follow ....

Travel Well / Travel Safe ...

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #5
New Camper

For what it is worth.
We have a Rushmore 35 RL. The dealer has had it more than we have. Our first trip out the Frig wouldn't run on gas, nor did it get cold enough to keep food at safe level. Ice maker didn't work. ACs didn't get unit below 80 degrees. The Drawers in living room slid out and trashed the side rails and scratched the front surface of drawers.
Have missed out on four trips (planned a year in advance )of it being in shop waiting on parts.
Brought home, and powered unit down and when powered back up Frig wouldn't work. (thermo coupler).
Wall outlet by Table quit working, Twice the bedroom glide has eaten the rubber seal. Outlet on island keeps going off (GFI). Shower head hose collar split. Opened the inspection cover in the under belly and could see daylight. Discovered holes in the I beam that aanimal could access. Keyless door pad has Never worked even after being replaced. Trim in clost coming off.
Most current issue, Prepping for a trip, I found stress cracks in the fiberglass covers (front and rear) around the running lights (every screw hole).
We have been RVing since the 70s and have owned 7 RVs and this one IS the Absolute WORST one We have ever had.
jckpnk