Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We went camping this weekend for the first time in our new 26BH. I pulled out the hide-a-bed on the leather sofa for the first time and noticed that it will not fold out level. I do not know if this is due to the floor being higher on the slide although I would figure they would account for that. Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions? Only thing I could figure was put blocks under the legs to make it level.
cpobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

We just picked up our 2011 Sunset Trail 25RB. First time using it, we unfolded our hide-a-bed and also noticed the height difference. So far we have removed the factory legs / feet from the couch. It helped a bit, but still a pretty severe angle. Dealer currently trying to find a fix from the manufacturer. In the meantime, I am planning on measuring the height required under the two sets of legs from the bed to make it level and fabricating some sort of "risers", possibly covering them with some sort of carpet or material to prevent them from scratching floors. We don't anticipate using the hide-a-bed lots, so not huge issue, however would like to find a solution, none-the-less.
Jakejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

My dealer said that Crossroads switched manufacturers for their couches and the new manufacturer did not take into account the height difference in the floor on the slide. They have a kit that is suppose to come with them to make the legs the correct length. Mine did not have one so they are getting one for me. This will supposedly solve the issue.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:34 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Yes, as per posting below, we have similar issues with our's in our 25' RB model. Seems to be Crossroad's RV best kept secret, but I found out through the forum that supposedly they switched suppliers of the couches a year or so ago and all of the new models are affected, as they were not given the correct specs, and supposedly there is a "fix kit" available through them, but I wish you lots of luck getting it! We have been sitting waiting for ours to arrive for over 3 weeks and were just told by our dealer that it hasn't even been shipped yet!! Great customer service!! Good luck, or else you might have to like us and just not take anyone camping with you that doesn't like sleep standing up!!
Old 06-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Have you had any better luck getting your kit than we have???
Old 06-28-2011, 05:45 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

I dropped mine off this past saturday to have the brake issue addressed and they still do not have the kits. I told them I either wanted the kit or a new sofa that worked properly when I picked it up. I got an email from my salesman this morning saying they have 3 kits on the way. WTF, why couldnt that happen 2 months ago when I first brought the issue up?
Old 06-28-2011, 08:09 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Called Crossroads today and talked to a rep. I told her about your complaints as well as mine and how we all have the same common problem, we are all getting the run-a-round. I told her that Crossroads needs to acquire these kits from the sofa manufacturer and get them to the dealers. I would recommend you all call them as well and make a complaint. She was not aware that it was this big of problem. She was very nice and seemed like she was actually going to try and help. Time will tell...
Old 06-28-2011, 02:30 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

couldn't agree more, why does it take multiple visits and inquiries to resolve these issues? By the way, what brake issues, just so I know what else to look for?
Old 06-28-2011, 02:33 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

I was told that the sofa manufacturer won;t send "extra" kits to the dealers, they need to provide proof for each unit first. All I know is they better come through soon with some sort of resoltion to the problem!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakejack
couldn't agree more, why does it take multiple visits and inquiries to resolve these issues? By the way, what brake issues, just so I know what else to look for?

The brakes would shudder on the camper when I applied them.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:28 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Still waiting for the sofa bed fix to be shipped to us! Not impressed!! I am starting to notice some brake shudder now as well.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:48 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

I am getting pissed about this. The sofa manufacturer keeps telling my dealer they shipped them but they never show up. Crossroads needs to step up and take care of this.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #13
Weekend Camper

Couldn't agree more! One would think that they do read this forum and would think that it might be in their best interest to fix the problem soon to protect their integrity? Or the dealers need to start to take more of a pro-active role.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:42 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

Just got email from my dealer today saying kit had arrived, however no instructions on how to install it. I get it is a step in the right direction- finally.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:55 AM   #15
Weekend Camper

Well that is good! I told the dealer that when they get the brakes fixed I either want the kit or a different sofa. This is prime camping season and I dont have time to mess around with ignorant people.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:25 AM   #16
Weekend Camper

I hate to "burst your bubble", but I wasted fuel today driving to my dealership to pick up the dollar and a half worth of painted scrap metal that the couch manufacturer sent as a "fix" to this couch issue! (it would have been a dollar seventy five had they wasted a piece of paper, otherwise known as instruction sheet, showing how they fantasized this package of junk supposedly would actually fit and actually work as a cure to the problem!) There is NO WAY this will work, they are basically just trying to pull one over us owners. Judging by the no reply to my message that I sent to Crossroads through their "contact us" tab on their website, one can only assume that they are not interested in getting involved with fixing this problem! Perhaps they need some "legal influence" to become interested!!

Old 07-09-2011, 12:54 PM   #17
Weekend Camper

I actually called them and they transferred me to the rep for my state. That sucks the damn thing does not work. So what exactly is it? Is it just extensions for the legs or what? I will be demanding a new sofa I think. I am not going to settle for some piece of crap afterthought fix.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #18
Weekend Camper

All they sent were 4 pieces (about 8" long) of angle iron, drilled with holes, a carriage bolt with each piece. The angle iron will not fit either inside nor outside of the square legs (the ones at the mid-point of the bed). The frame at the foot of the bed is round, with no holes at all.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #19
Weekend Camper

So what are you going to do now? I think they should just replace the sofa. I do not want pieces of angle iron making indentions in my vinyl floor.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:43 PM   #20
Weekend Camper

I am about to give up, as there seems to be NO interest at any level in trying to solve the issue. Just keep memories like this in the data bank for future purchases I guess.