Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
New Camper

picked up new 5th wheel from thompsonsfamily rv.got home started checking out unit.turned on furance and air conditner came on to.started to install battery in smoke det. one screw fell out into my hand other was just in and that was all.door between bed room in hall has 1" gap wont stay closed.checked out tv antenna cranked it up pulled down to turn it came down in my hand front storage door you can move when raised.i like my unit ,but have ????? about it now
old phoneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to papabear
Sounds like your RV dealer didn't do a very good job of servicing your unit before the delivery of it. You shouldn't have that many problems this early. Take it back ASAP or contact the factory and see if you can get them to finish what they started. Looks like your not that far from them.

2012 Cruiser Patriot Edition 335SS

2014 F250 4X4 Super Duty Diesel

https://i639.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/IMG_1120.jpg
papabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:15 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Could this have something to do why Dave Boggs left CR? From these recent posts it seems as though CR's QC is lacking. Even though the dealer probably did not do their part it is up to CR to furnish a unit road ready. Remember: You can't polish a turd.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

This state of affairs has apparently become the normal way of doing business for them as in the last couple of years this is a common happening. Unfortunately! I had an initial list of over 30 items some cosmetic, But many were major items that needed repair! I said it then and am saying it now that thank goodness for Randy Mischler & staff as we were made whole but why should it be like this?

I talked to people up the chain and they just passed the buck,So? It is shame as not very long ago they were a well built,quality unit but I am hard pressed to feel that way now !

My original list has long ago exceeded forty items and maybe more tomorrow.... It is a shame That what once was a symbol of fair priced quality has turned into this.

We love our Cruiser now after much major rebuilding by the guys in Topeka plus many hours of my own doingiI at home! It clearly lies In the employees in assembly plus the clear absence of any inspection stations or if there are any they are not manned for sure!,,We are looking forward to the new season starting out with a clean repair slate. I hope jbEdited by: John B
Old 04-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

And how much longer will Randy be there or in the role he is currently in? From the changes in management I have seen within Crossroads and the ones that are now in place and their pastwith another company that went under I have to wonder. Is it just a matter of time with Crossroads?????.......
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:12 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

sorry to hear about your trouble. We also picked up our new 5'er, Cruiser CF29RKX,ordered it from Thompson family RV. We actually live about an hour north of Peoria. No problems with ours have had it out 2x. Hope everything works out for the best for you. Justcurious, what day of the week did it come off line? We took a couple of years, researching and checking out the customer forums of the other manufacturer brands and still find a lot fewer complaints about the product on the Crossroads forum than we did on the other forums.
mdk1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

I will second the opinion that the dealership did not perform an adequate check to ensure all is well before it left the dealership. I would make a list, contact them first thing Monday with your concerns...they should step up to the plate, especially if they value their A+ rating with the BBB as stated on their website.
There is an adjustment you can make on the door so that it closes all of the way, but if the door is not staying closed, either you were not completely level, or something else might need tightening up. Perhaps the rough roads knocked something out of alignment. Last summer, due the wonderful state of the Minnesota road conditions, I had to perform a door repair mid-trip as the rough roads ripped the door right out of the brackets.
When I brought my unit home a few years back, I spent the better part of two days double checking everything from plumbing to electrical connections. Sure, I had a few things to tighten up, but nothing severe. Maybe I was one of the lucky ones. Keep us informed on your progress as I will be looking for a new dealer in the few years or so when we get ready to upgrade....

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

We have some dear friends that bought a new high quality unit from the same dealer a couple of years ago and they couldn't say enough good pertaining to them very satisfied. but they can't fix what they don't know about..Jmho jb
Old 04-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #9
Seasonal Camper

I have been in a "pre-Thor" Crossroads 5th wheel several times and it is a quality unit. When the company was small they had a thing called "PRIDE" in the work they did and the product they produced. Now the big boys have one thing in mind, get it out the door as quickly as possible so we can make another one as quickly as possible. My '04 has been a good unit, I just hope it last a long time because I do not like what I see when visit the RV shows.
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:46 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Having spoken with the right people they said when Thor purchased them that they liked their units,quality,customer satisfaction and bottom line.
They also stated that if they keep things as they are in respect to these items business as usual is what it will be!
The one thing they did say was we bring buying power to the table and if you need facility changes or buildings we have the resources to do this.If all is well In these areas you will not see us unless requested..
A reasonable length of time later I asked how things were going and was told exactly as was told to them two thumbs up,
I have said before why are these employees tying to sully the reputation of the company as the POOR workmanship lies in their hands and the inspectors are an integral part as they could stop this progression of poor workmanship quickly ,do it right or you are gone! JMHO Jb.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #11
New Camper

picked up new 2012 sahara 320ck 2wks ago from Vogt RV in ft. worth. other than the closet door latches we found nothing wrong on our first camp-out. they did agreat job on walk-thru.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #12
New Camper

we picked up our 2012 sahara 320ck a couple of weeks ago from Vogt RV in ft. worth. other than the closet door latches we found no problems on our first camp-out. they did a great job on the walk-thru.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #13
New Camper

sorry about double posts. hit button twice
Old 05-04-2012, 03:46 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

I agree with Gossamer, when I went through the PDI with my dealer it was evident they do a good job. After I got it home I took the torque wrench out and every wheel nut was proper...I did the underside too...and every nut was to Lippert's specs. I specifically asked that and they gold me they do that. I was impressed when I went back for my brake inspection and adjustment that they replaced bulbs for nothing and did not charge me for the inspection or brake adjustment...I fully expected to pay for them. I also went through as suggested on here and checked "every" single screw...found none that were loose. I know things happen but from all the reading I've done I think the dealer is a major part of this...and I love mine. As long as the basic structure of the unit is well made...I think cosmetic things can be fixed. Is it a pain, of course...but when you take something weighing tons down the highway, and you encounter bumps and the roads we travel on...I think there should be some expectation that things will happen. It is how we deal with it and how we either accept or reject them that makes owning a CR a pleasure or a pain. I can say at this point I am happy with what I see and would consider another unit from CR. I am sorry for the problems others have but if you did a good PDI and things like doors coming loose or moving happens, think about where you may have been or what caused it. And as mentioned here...being level is a big deal...a very big deal. My 2 cents worth.

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #15
Full Time Camper

Well said tator447.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:40 AM   #16
Weekend Camper

I also have a 2012 sahara fifth wheel only had a major problem with the unit and the outside fiberglass had a crack above the entry door after 3 outings and they had to return the unit to the factory from Iowa to Indiana and replaced the whole side was very happy thanks to Randy to get everything done and looks great

nova52356 is offline   Reply With Quote