Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2010, 12:11 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

HELLO! We are absolutely thrilled with the layout of our new Hampton HT39FE, and have enjoyed many weekends at our permanent site getting things set up for future years of fun.

We certainly don't mean our first posting to be a complaint! Frustration on wanting to really gain knowledge, be comfortableand have things fixed is behind what follows. We know that when the kinks are out, we are going to love being there even more!

What has frustrated us is the lack of any "Well YEAHyou own it, now Here's What to DO!" type of information.

The trailer was dropped and left for us to fend for on our own. A very sad statement for the dealership, whose Customer Service obviously is lacking. Who do we turn to for help? Can we contact Hampton directly?

We have made repeated attempts with the dealer, only to have him suggest we do our own electrical problem fixing, and now not even bothering to contact us after our stopping at their dealership in August, and September.

We have spent an entire season:

No patio door light outside unless we turn on the inside front area lights as well.

The front overhang lites burned out the first use, blown out bulbs in both of them. Our thought is that it gets too warm inside the covering.

The stereo plays at mute, loud andlouder. You cannot sit in a chair up front and be comfortable, nor at the dining table and have the stereo as background music.

The few bits of owners materials that came with are not written to help a person do more thanknowwhose company made the parts inside.

Imagine this: we spentat least 3weekends trying to get the DVD player to work, and since it is in a little slot, it took that long to even think to see if it had a cord connecting it to the TV...which you can guess, it did not. (now why would it not come with one?)

The TV wire, was broken at the connection to the set, and when we finally were able to think to reach around with a mirror, check the connection, we noticed the frayed end and we replaced that as well.

Our latest frustration this weekend occurred as we tried to Winterize the unit. Everyone thought oh with this pump it would be a snap. Not so if you don't know what to do or how to work it. We had scoured every bit of paperwork that came with our unit, nothing. Thank goodness for 3 fellow campsite neighbors that helped, but it took us about 3 hours to get it done. Now why was there no sheet that said...here is how to do it step by step.

We are not ignorant people, we have camped before . We've owned before, just nothing new and with as many bells/whistles. I 'd love to recommend Hampton as a camper to buy. But first, we need our unit serviced.

Thank you in advance for any help you can suggest!

2011 Hampton HT39FE
spa4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:43 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Since your trailer is new I would give Randy Mishler at Crossroads a call and discuss your issues with him. He may be able to find another dealer to take care of warranty issues or send out a mobile repair tech to take care of it. He can also send you a owners manual or you can download one from the web site. Hope this helps.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:24 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thank you, We have compiled our list of questions and Steve will be giving Randy a call this week as he travels. Hoping to get this figured out, and maybe a manual!

2011 Hampton HT39FE
spa4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 04:20 PM   #4
New Camper

I share your viewpoint from our 2014 Hampton. My concern is winterization. Why is there no specific, user-friendly document that outlines this process? Why doesn't the user manual for the water heater match the installed water heater? I am stuck on the question of whether the water heater has a bypass. We seem to have found the appropriate low level drains but I need to know whether there is a bypass. Presently removing the panel over the water heater in the bedroom closet. Not fun.

We love the trailer but have been so badly treated by the dealership and by the Hampton documentation that we would have trouble recommending Crossroad's products to anybody. Crossroads, get your act together and help your Hampton CUSTOMERS.
HamptonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 04:26 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Your not alone. To create a model specific manual would be great but expensive. SO......they put out a generic one. Your not alone in your opinion of the documentation. There SHOULD be a by-pass at the water heater. Two valves which both should be turned 90dgs when winterizing. There is a check-valve in the water heater so it won't backfill after you turn these two valves.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote