Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Just waking up at the motel down the street from the dealership. We're picking up our 2012 Slingshot GT29BH in a few hours. The long wait is almost over!
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:43 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

I can't wait until my Zinger arrives. I ordered it a little over a week ago. Good luck withyour Slingshot!

2005 Dodge RAM 3500, CTD,QC, 4x4,SRW,48RE,3.73

Honda EU6500is

Mini Dachshund
bigdave442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:55 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray
Just waking up at the motel down the street from the dealership. We're picking up our 2012 Slingshot GT29BH in a few hours. The long wait is almost over!
Let the excitement begin!!!!!!!!
Congratulations. Hope you have tons of GREAT memories with it.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:44 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Congratulations, way to go!!

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:16 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Well we certainly had an interesting first camping trip.

The water pump in the TV went out in Westfield, WI about a half an hour short of the campsite.

So we camped in the parking lot of the repair shop. It's not every day you get to camp for free!

Thanks for the wishes of good luck, as signs were pointing to a head gasket at first.

jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:40 AM   #6
New Camper

At last the wait is over. We just took delivery of our new Slingshot 32QB. We are not new to the Slingshot models as we traded our 29BH for the 32QB. But, they have made a ton of improvements on the 2012 model over the last years models (29BH was 2011). Love to post pix but haven't figured out how to. We have the Spearmint decor with maple (light colored) cabinets with cloth seating areas. We like it very much over our 29bh which had the dark cabinets and the leather look seating areas.
Does anyone using Thetford Smart Drain Sewer System? I am not too happy about the twist and lock standard hoses that we find at the dealer or WalMart. I am curious about the locking system that they have. Is it secure or would it leak?
Campie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:30 AM   #7
New Camper

This has been my experience:

my message to Crossroads Wednesday, September 21, 2011 6:15 AM:

COMMENTS: I purchased a new 2012 GT25RL

and I need to know how the dump valve configured (streight/angle/obstructed)

so that I can purchase the appropriate hydroflush attachment

Response from Sheila Mast of Crossroads On Sep 23, 2011, at 3:11 PM:

Please supply the ViN of the unit for an accurate answer to your question.

MY RESPONSE

Date: September 24, 2011 9:01:19 AM EDT

To: Sheila Mast <smast@crossroadsrv.com>

Subject: Re: CrossRoads RV Contact Form Submission

I pick it up the unit on Tuesday, Sept 27, 2011, from the Hershey show. I do not have the VIN. I can't imagine why you need the vin. As a law enforcement officer I am am aware of what the characters in a vin represent and one of then is not the dump configuration.

Just for the record, this is the fifth request I have presented to your company; that, people within your company have had difficulty answering and I have not received an an answer to any of my questions and /or I have not received a return call. They are listed below.

-the question contained in this transmission: for the reason presented in this transmission.

-the actual, physical measured length of the unit: Camping World was having a great sale on a cover and I did not want to miss the sale. Service department associated with this unit said they would acquire the measurement and then never returned call with the measurement.

-If anyone of your representatives took a photo of the unit I purchased at Hershey: for the purpose of comparison when I pick up the unit on Tuesday. Mr. Hicks who I met and spoke in length with at Hershey. I called him on his office phone and left a voice message. He did not return the call.

-Request to speak to Mr. Hicks concerning a local RV dealers comments to me indicating that although that dealer is an authorized Crossroads distributor, he does not have to cover warrantyissues unless I purchase the unit from him. Mr. Hicks personal cell; I left a voice mail. He never returned the call.

-If, due to the fact that I am a combat related disabled American veteran; would Crossroads consider a sale of the unit identified directly to me. Web question.

Crossroads unwillingness, for what ever reason to answer the questions presented is unacceptable and unreasonable to me. I am questioning my decision to purchase your product. This is not an isolated problem that involves one employee at Crossroads. It appears, based on my experience, this situation represents failed customer service throughout.

I have another question; that, based on Crossroad's history indicated above, will most probably go unanswered; However, I will give it a shot. Please have someone in high authority at your company call me directly.If I do not hear from someone, way above your pay grade, by Monday, Sept. 26, 2011, 4PM est. I would be negligent if I did not share my unpleasant experience with everyone I can.

As of 7:24PM Monday, Sept 26,2001 Crossroads has not responded