Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2010, 08:55 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

It's in the north western part of Montana,Been thur Montana a few times but never been in that area before.Has anybody been there before?Any pictures of the cg,Thanks
Old 12-11-2010, 01:31 AM   #2
Site Team

I think there is about 4 campgrounds in the Seeley Lake area. Here's a link. Maybe this will give you some answers.

http://www.forestcamping.com/dow/nor....htm#big_larch

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:02 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Thanks Old Farmer,Idid see that site & many more,But there are no pictures of Seeley Lake cg,I did find one but doesn't show much,Thanks again.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:26 AM   #4
Site Team

If you look up MT. Dept of tourism, I think you will be able to contact them. Either by phone or online and request all the info you are looking for. States are usually more then happy to accommodate. I have had good luck doing it that way.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:10 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Thanks Old Farmer i'll dothat tomorrow,We just accepted a campground hostjob at Lolo NF & what i here it's a nice area.See you live in WI,We go out west every year &on are way back home we alwayscamp at West End Thompson Park in Washburn WInear Bayfield,Great area.Thanks again
Old 12-15-2010, 10:41 PM   #6
Site Team

We have camped there also. I prefer the city park right in Ashland. You will have to look it over, it's right on the water also. Right next to the ore docks. I believe it's called Kreir Park.
When do you start as host? Keep us informed--which campground--how it's going, etc. That is a nice area. You should really enjoy your summer. I'm jealous.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:16 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

There are about 7 cg's in the Seeley Lake area & we are going to be host at Seeley Lake cg,Going to Yellowstone first than head for Lolo NF,We have drove thur that cg in Ashland a few times but for some reason we have never camped there,We liked the park on the other end of town in Washburn better when we had are small tt we could camp right on the buff.Thanks i'll keep in touch.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:45 AM   #8
Site Team

Are you getting anxious??

Old 02-14-2011, 08:23 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Going Bonkers,It already seems like a long winter,I recently asked where a good place to get firewood in the area of Seeley Lake & i was told that they will give you all the wood you need,Well that made my day,Noting better than sitting by a campfire,Glad to see you got what you wanted for your generator.I was on ebay & noticed your generator,What do you have planned for this summer?Thanks, Greg
Old 02-16-2011, 12:04 AM   #10
Site Team

I figured you were probably getting a real bad case of cabin fever by now. That is a big experience you are waiting for. We don't have any big trips planned for the summer but we are trying to plan a trip down to FL' for this spring.
Be careful out there in the pines with the campfires, but enjoy your summer to the fullest.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:02 AM   #11
Family Vacation Member

I'am so bored the wife & i went to the rv show in Detroit yesterday,They had over 250 rv's,They only had 3 CrossRoads Cruiser & 1 CTX fifth wheel,The dealer was from Caswell Ionia, MI,CrossRoads had a agent from Indiana in the CTX fifthwheel,I couldn't believe the amount of people that were there early in the afternoon,Looks like things might be picking up.Alot of big motor homes there also.Have a safe trip where ever you go.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:11 AM   #12
Site Team

It's getting closer!!!

Old 03-13-2011, 08:08 AM   #13
Family Vacation Member

Found something to keep me busy for awhile,I've been going to a different kind of rally for the past month in Lansing,LOL,Glad we don't have plans moving around to much,Take careEdited by: campsurveyor
Old 04-16-2011, 01:34 AM   #14
Site Team

When is D day for heading west?

Old 10-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #15
Site Team

Greg, are you back home now?
How was the summer in Lolo NP?

Old 10-18-2011, 12:01 AM   #16
Family Vacation Member

Hello Lloyd,Good to here from you,We got home a week ago today,The cg closed the day after labor day & we stayed a few days after that so we could see how it was to have the cg all to our self,LOL,We took are time coming back & ended up at the service center in IN for a week to have some work done on the camper,Glad we were still in warranty.It was the best time we have had so far as far as to being cg host anywhere,The cg is mostly use by people from nearby towns who have been going there for 30 -40 years,Alot of family get togethers during the summer & alot of saving camp sites with you are not suppose to do but they do anyway,In most cases are supervisor said to let them do it as long asthey pay for the site they were saving.It was the most layed back place we have ever been to,LOL,Beautiful place to be with snow cap mountains around the lake,The snow stayed on top of the mountains until august,Lots of black bear & grizzley bear & alot of mountain lions in the area.The lake is used for mostly for boating,waterski & fishing.Nice to see all is well with you & thanks for asking,Greg