Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2009, 07:49 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hello Zinger owners, has anyone had any issues, I really love my Zinger but concerned, only purchased summer 08 & issues are

- slider would not open

- manual slider handle & mechanism broke

- couch storage cover clips keep breaking

- 2 -3 marker lights out

Now don't get me wrong I love my Zinger but wondering if I should purchase the extended warranty or wait & see what happens this year???

Just curious of the ongoing concerns people have.

11 Ram 2500 - Green Machine - retired
16 Chevy 2500 - Bone Crusher - the dark side
08 CR Zinger 30BH - Zing 1
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:40 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

We have spent 2 winters in our 5er with no problems it's an07. I did add equa-flex to the springs, what a ride differance.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:23 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

thanks, did u install the equa flex yourself, i am not a mechanic but think it would be beneficial, just curious thanks again for replying
11 Ram 2500 - Green Machine - retired
16 Chevy 2500 - Bone Crusher - the dark side
08 CR Zinger 30BH - Zing 1
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:07 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I installed the Equa-Flex my self on the Zinger I had. Not a Bad Job took about 45 minutes. When you order it order the wet kit with it
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:51 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

I would say that lights burn out, 1 of our tail lights burnt out. We replaced it with LEDs, I will post pictures tomorrow of our mods. When you put the slide out the motor should never sound like it stuck. Â*The sound that I'm talking about is when it is all the way out or in. Â*Sounds are hard to discribe on line. You should avoid that sound because it will burn your motor out. The person who gave us our walk thruÂ*told us that. Slide motor has a 2 year warranty. I think extended warranty are kind of a waste of money, all the extended warranties I've purchased where never used. Â*We have owned 3 camper and I would say the quality is not always the best and I think you have to decide whether they are fixed that you handle yourself our take back to the dealer. Â*We have only owned our Zinger for less than a year and I would say the quality seem pretty good in comparison to other brands we have owned. Â*
Good luck with your repairs. Â*Don't get discouraged. Alicia

2008 ZF27RL Zinger

Rick & Alicia

Magnum & Rosko
truckingx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:28 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

I did'nt put in the wet bolt kit big mistake, will do soon my bushings are shot with maybe 6,ooo miles on them. We have done many mods to the inside to make our winter home more comfortable and ours.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:13 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Our Zinger is doing great. Just a few minor adjustments (a couple gaps in the exterior caulking, the finished edge on the carpeting started to unravel and a weld broke on the steps). I expect that the more you tow, the more you bounce, shake and vibrate, the more diligent you have to be about staying on top of things. Some things are cheaply made like flimsy clips, plastic cranks on vent covers and I expect to eventually have to replace them. But for the price, our Zinger is well made and we love it. And our dealer has been great about the adjustments. i would set the money aside that you would spend on a warranty and keep it as an emergency repair fund.

07 Chevy Silverado Z71

07 Zinger 32QB

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...k/P1000558.jpg
thegreatcanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:42 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

I agree, save ypur money and buy toys for your camper instead.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Just towed my Crossroads about 1200 miles in the last few days. Everything looks good and I think they make a nice product. I looked at the Zinger's at the RV she this past Spring, nice units and a good bang for the buck!

Good luck!
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

Hi Mike you in New Mexaco yet? See you fair week.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:05 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Hey cwit !

Been here since Monday, it took Friday-Monday afternoon to get here. Not bad and the camper did real well - over 600 miles per day!!! I towed though sun, wind and some serious rain. No leaks, tows nice and makes a great rest stop for lunch or bathroom break.

I will be returning starting Monday, I will drive to the factory for a Thursday appointment for warranty and also to do a factory tour.

See you in the fall, cwit!
Old 04-15-2009, 03:55 AM   #12
Seasonal Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeG
Mike,

Make sure you have your camera with you for pictures at the factory. I forgot mine when Randy said come on lets go to the factory for a tour.

George

Nights camped in 2010 = 009
GeorgeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:10 AM   #13
Full Time Camper

I am armed and ready!!! Talked to Randy today, he said they are just north of the boonies and gave me some tips on how to find them and the overnight parking. If you have any tips to offer let me know!

I have a small list so I imagine they will finish with my camper pretty quickly, the only real issue I am annoyed with is the underside cap. Most everything else is small 10 minute repairs.

I am scheduled to arrive Wednesday before 4pm and they will take the camper in at 5:30-6am Randy said.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:11 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

PS - Hope they did you right at the factory for your repairs!
Old 07-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #15
New Camper

Just bought a 2009 32QB and love it. It might actually be a 2010 as one of the bunks converts into a table and benches. It hold my 6 person herd and golden retriever just fine. The only issue I have is that whenever I go to dump my tanks a bit of that lovely blue fluid pours out when I take off the cover to the drain pipe. It makes a bit of a mess, and well smells bad. I stillhave to talk to the dealer about this as I am sure this is not normal. The only other item is that one of the drawers under the sink area does not fis onto the slide hardware and sits crooked most of the time.

Kevin
Old 07-31-2009, 07:09 AM   #16
New Camper

sounds like a bit of leakage past the black dump valve. if you hook the sewer hose up on the park end and hold the end of the hose under your drain when you remove the cover, the waste will just pour right into the hose and you're 'in business' after you connect the hose to the trailer!

Jack and Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:28 PM   #17
Weekend Camper

second season with ours we love it the only issue is the trailer shaking when set up added stabilizers and its fine. I think if I were living in it for winters I might want to look for better grade of materials for interior if available.
Greg Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:31 AM   #18
New Camper

I purchased a Zinger ZT29DB April this year. Took it on a trip fron San Antonio to Cheyenne Wy. First time owning a TT was real nice trip. I have notice one thing with my trailer and wonder is anyone else has had this problem. On the main slide out I found the the top right conner, a gap big enough to put my hand behind. Is this normal or do I need to have it looked at a dealership?
NewYear68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:33 AM   #19
Seasonal Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeG
Sounds like the slide needs adjusted. I would take it to the dealer and have it looked at.

And welcome to the forum NewYear 68!Edited by: GeorgeG

Nights camped in 2010 = 009
GeorgeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #20
Full Time Camper

NewYear68--Had a similar problem with upper corners on one of my slides. The fabric over the bumper that seals to the wall had been pulled so tight in the corners that it didn't seal. Dealer took some pieces of foam padding and pushed it under the corner fabric to build it out. Problem solved.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote