Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
New Camper

Question on MSRP??

We recently ordered a 32FR and the MSRP was somewhere around $41,000 (both on the web site and the dealer). Nowon the new web site the 32FR's have a $35,800 MSRP with the reserve package and upgraded A/C (same unit). With around a $5000 difference, not feeling too good about my purchase price.
Anyone who has recently purchased seen a similar change? And what have folks been able tonegociate off the new MSRPs?

Thanks,
GShawver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:00 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

I don't think the new website is really 'new'. I think the information posted there (so far) is exactly the same as the old website, just a different presentation. The old website was out of date as well. The MSRP that I was given at the factory for our ST was $7k more than what is listed on the old and new website. The only option we added to the base was a $200 fantastic fan. I don't think the MSRPs are really that accurate which makes it difficult to know if you're getting a good deal or not.

mikenannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
New Camper

Thanks for the reply - I think the web site is much better.

If the information is exactly the same, they may have crossed up some information - didn't look that close, only at the 32FR. I don't have a screen shot, but I am fairly sure the reserve option package is around $3-4000 less now- I'll look when I get home to confirm.

Thanks
GShawver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:45 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

My understanding is that they don't build a 'non-reserve' ST trailer any longer. When we ordered on 3/5/12, the reserve option was automatically included. I was told by the factory folks that they had so few orders without the Reserve option that they discontinued it mid 2011. On our 20CK, the 'old' website said the Reserve option was about $5k. But it's actually included in every new Sunset Trail. That alone changes the 'base' MSRP listed for most floor plans on the website.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

And what have folks been able tonegociate off the new MSRPs?

Thanks,[/QUOTE]

There was has been quite a bit posted on this here and on other websites.
I think most have come in around 25% to 30% under MSRP. That is where I landed.
Depending on the unit and if it has been at the dealer lot awhile, you may be able to do better.
Often, if you need to order it, I think some of the deals go away.
Hope this helps,
Did you already "make the deal"?
mnsunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

I think that because the MSRP is so vague, it's difficult to compare deals between dealers.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

I checked with three dealers in my area, they were all working off the same MSRP as the ST line come with the reserve line standard it leaves very little room for any additions. So when I picked the unit they all had the same thing to go on.
I have seen a few dealers that have an over inflated MSRP on the web to make their prices seem better.

mnsunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

You can go the the website seedealercost.com and find the msrp and invoice price for a lot of rvs. You can click on a particular trailer, add in the options, and get a basic idea of pricing.

3 Sons, 2 Daughters-in-Law

1 Daughter, 1 Son-in-Law

1 Grandson, 2 Grandaughters

2012 Sunset Trail 26BH
4AggiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:51 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

CrossRoads Marketing - You are right that we started with the same base info on the new website (it was more of a look overhaul). But we're in process on updating. New floorplans, updated pricing, updated dealer info, new product pictures, etc. It should get a little better every day; some days it may even get a lot better!Edited by: crossroadsrv

forum@crossroadsrv.com
crossroadsrv is offline   Reply With Quote