Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
New Camper

Send a message via AIM to woodman5455
What is the difference? I am looking at a 31' with a living area slide out. I can get this unit for under $5,000. Any comment on this? Is this a good used unit?

Thanks for all your help. I can really use it.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:36 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

I am not familiar with that particular unit, but IMHO...

a used unit is only as good as the previous owner maintained it, regardless of the make. Prior to my current unit, i always purchased used. I have seen some trashed high end campers and pristine older units.I havebeen known to make someMcGyver repairsat times, butI have been shocked at what some people will do to a camper and still think it is safe enough to tow or the lengths they will go to trying to hide water damage.

I think you said in a different post it was a 2002? $5 K is a pretty darn good price for a 2002 anything. That is what I sold my 1997 27.5 BHAerolite TT with no slide for last year (and it had some water damage with the previous owner - found when i removed an aftermarket "broom closet/pantry"). I would be looking that over with a fine tooth comb, looking for a reason why it is only $5K If it checks out, then I think you are getting a sweet deal!

Again, just MHO. Maybe some others can talk to the specific model. Good luck.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:53 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

As far as I know the Paradise Cove was the prelude to the Paradise Pointe. Now to that unit I am guessing this is a travel trailer? If so it has a blue book value of between $10k and $12k depeneding on options and condition. If you think this unit will work for you I would pay a good dealer or private RV service tech to check it out good for you since that price seems a little low. It might be a good unit but have someone check it good for you.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
New Camper

Thanks for the advice. It is being sold by auction from a cancer center. They had it donated to them. At this point I guess if it has some problems I can pay to have any issues fixed and still be a head of the game. The only concern that I have is that the unit has been parked for a few years. Not sure what kind of problems this might cause.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Is this the one?

http://www.carsforprostatecancer.org/2002-rv-donation-camper-cross-roads-paradise-cove/

Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:31 PM   #6
New Camper

Yes what do you think? Looks like a door is missing. Not sure but looks like it might be the hotwater heater. Let me know your thoughts.