Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2011, 04:17 AM   #1
Tom
New Camper

I own a Zinger 23FB made by Crossroad.I am new owner a RV.After reading the manual and the Water Heater manual. I found ( in the bedroom) the back of the water heater. Here is my question. There are two valves One is near the bottom the other one is near the top. I can not find what these values are for. Does anyone know or can help me out.

Thanks
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:27 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

That would be the hot water bypass for winterizing. Shuts water off to the tank but allows it to flow to the rest of the fixtures so you can get the pink antifreeze into all of the lines. I'm gonna guess the bottom one is at a junction that looks like an "H" and the other one is in the middle of the "H". If so, then the bottom one would divert the water away from the tank and towards the other valve. The second valve would allow water (pink stuff) to flow when open, but is closed to prevent mixing cold water into the hot water lines.

Hensley, AR

'05 CF29RK,

'01 Ford F250 CrewCab
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:19 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I think monty has it.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I agree with Monty. My bigger question is, why aren't the dealers showing people all this stuff during the delivery walk thru-PDI? They are making enough money off these sales to educate their customers I would think.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Dale I think what has happened in this industry that the sales staff is not making any money to speak of. There is a pretty good turn over of them in our area. I suspect that these untrained sales people are doing the PDI, and they are just going by the sales Lit. Is this right no way but it explains why the buyer in many cases is more knowlegeable (New word) than the sales man. Today is the computer age, and if you go into any sales area you will fined most of them are playing cards. If I was selling RV's or you, we would be in every manufacture forum that we sold plus others keeping abreast of the problems, and there solutions

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:26 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Your right Frank. It isjust frustrating to keep seeing people, especially new RVers having to struggle to get basic info that dealers should be providing.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:33 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Too much generics, not enough specifics, JMHO
Travel Safe

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:37 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Folks: My last trailer ( KZ hitch pull) had a general manual which described general winterizing procedures, cleaning and servicing procedures for all component. As well they supplied the specific manufacturer's manuals for the various components.

Bottom line: I believe the crossroads manual is very poor - it should have the generalized procedures ( and locations of components) either printed or online. Can't blame the dealers on this stuff in my humble opinion.

PS: Hint for clenaing EDPM roofs in the Spring - use Murphy's Soap ( for wood floor cleaning) - restores the oils in the EDPM and does a decent cleaning job. - From KZ manual.

2012 335SS

2009 Chev 2500HD 6.0 L gas
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:54 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

My PDI was done by one of the service techs (certified BTW) and he spent over an hour going over the operation of most systems. He didn't cover winterizing and I didn't ask, this is Texas.
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:15 AM   #10
Tom
New Camper

I want to Thank Everyone for the repys.

I also agree that Dealers take there time and explain everything. I think when I bought my 2011 Zinger, it was like 15 mintues walk around. Here is this and that. I did bug the dealer. I am 1 hr away and to hook up and drive it was not worth it . Not to mention that cost of gas back then.

Again Thanks Everyone.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:07 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

....and your decision is? ......

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote